I forget

...and Tech Support (ok stop laughing we try)

I forget

Postby Michelicious » 24 Jun 09, 6:00 pm

:dontknow: Hi Admin... so nice to be back.

Can you please tell me all the steps (okay, I am not that computer litterate) needed to upload a picture please.

Thanking you in advance.

Micheline
"Life ith drawing without an erather"
Michelicious

Re: I forget

Postby Khaizerex » 24 Jun 09, 6:04 pm

If you click the post reply button right now, look under the text books and the buttons that say "save", "preview", and "submit", there are two tabs, one saying options, and the other one saying upload attachment...

I hope this works... I better try it myself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I live in your head, I can be found in your dreams. Rest peacefully, I will guard over you.
Khaizerex

Postby Khaizerex » 24 Jun 09, 6:09 pm

I was on _subsilver_ when I said that, and now I am looking at it under _subfun_, both look similar, and that should do it...

Images are best accompanied with a description, so that's what the text box "File comment" is for. :)

And if you want to manage your uploaded files, you can look at everything you've uploaded by going to your "user control panel" and on the Overview tab that comes up automatically, there are 5 horizontal tabs, choose the one that says "manage attachments"...

Hope that helps... :D
I live in your head, I can be found in your dreams. Rest peacefully, I will guard over you.
Khaizerex

Postby Michelicious » 24 Jun 09, 6:12 pm

Thanks Khai, I'll try it. :hug:
Michelicious

Postby Khaizerex » 24 Jun 09, 6:14 pm

You're welcome. :D Let me know how it goes. :)
Khaizerex

Postby Michelicious » 25 Jun 09, 10:56 am

It worked, but the photo's 'address' was still attached. I remember that I used to put the address somewhere, highlight the address to remove it, and it would just give me the photo... something to that effect.
But with your help, I was at least able to get a photo on... thank you again.
Michelicious

Postby cerina » 25 Jun 09, 11:30 am

You can save the image to your desktop and name it whatever you want. Then go to 'Upload Attachment' at the bottom of the BoF reply page, 'Browse', identify the image you want and 'Add the file'. If you are just putting in an attachment with no words or smilies, if you place it inline it will be fine but if you are adding text or smilies then you don't have to do anything else.

Or, you can link the address on the page, highlight it and click 'URL' but, if you do it that way, there is a risk that the link can go down so an attachment is preferable. :)
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 25 Jun 09, 11:43 am

:eek: Does it hurt Khai?
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Jack Flash » 25 Jun 09, 11:49 am

You can also copy and past the url of the image directly into the box for file name and bypass the save to your system part

right click image ----> copy address ----> upload attachment ----> click browse past image url (as opposed to selecting image on your system) ----> add the file ----> submit post

example
http://www.skylark-bb.co.uk/weatherIcon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby Jack Flash » 25 Jun 09, 11:58 am

"Place in line" is used when you want to surround the image with text

This Afternoon
sunny[2].gif

Sunny early...then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the middle 80s. Northwest winds around 10 mph...becoming southwest
Tonight
nt_partlycloudy[1].gif

Partly cloudy. Lows in the middle 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Friday
partlycloudy[1].gif

Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby Michelicious » 25 Jun 09, 1:47 pm

:scratch: Thanks everyone for your help... I'm sure I'm going to be referring to this thread in the future when wanting to add more than just words to my post.
Michelicious

Postby Khaizerex » 25 Jun 09, 4:16 pm

Ice Queen wrote: :eek: Does it hurt Khai?

Thanks for the concern IQ, the bed of nails doesn't hurt as much as it looks... Once you're lying there, you're fine... the trick is the process of lying on it and also getting up can be a little dangerous if you're not careful... Once you are actually lying down, it's just really a photo opportunity. My physics professor placed a wooden board on his chest after lying down, had another professor place a cinder block on top of that, then smashed it to pieces with a sledge hammer... I don't really know how that feels, so I can't tell you, but he was fine. Though after I had lied there for a while and gotten up, I noticed that there were a bunch of little holes on the back of my shirt... :D
Khaizerex

Postby Michelicious » 26 Jun 09, 3:41 am

[b]Okay, and that will help me with my comp problems... when frustrated, just lie on a bed of nails, and let someone smash the crap out of you... no worries as far as peeing or pooping, as everything will be coming out through all these holes... you guys are nuts... and I love it! :thumb:
Michelicious

Postby Khaizerex » 26 Jun 09, 7:08 pm

:lol: So yeah, if you ever have an opportunity to lie down on a bed of nails, just make sure that your clothing is not particularly delicate or expensive... otherwise it'll become holy... and some religious fanatic is going to come after you to obtain it...
Khaizerex

Postby Michelicious » 30 Jun 09, 10:39 pm

When the time comes, I will make sure to go consult a gifted Indu, learn the technique, and do it in pink frilly underwear and bra... they'll never touch me then... !
Michelicious

Return to Complaints, Problems and Suggestions