Mid_Nite_Poet

Open topic - Any thing you want

Mid_Nite_Poet

Postby cerina » 08 Apr 11, 10:01 am

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that our very dear Mid_Nite_Poet died at home on March 28th 2011.

She was a very dear friend, a mainstay of Bit of Fun and an excellent moderator, who will be sadly missed by us all. Her sense of fun and warmth is very evident to any who read her posts even without knowing her away from the forum. She was a wonderful contributor to the forum as well as a friend to some of us and will be very sadly missed.

At the moment, I do not know the cause of death but it appears to have been sudden and unexpected. If I hear any more I will, of course, let you know.

I would like to dedicate this thread to a lovely lady and invite you all to share you memories of her. Let it be a celebration of her life, not a requiem to her passing.

If any of you wish to convey a personal message to her family, please send it to me and I will pass it on.
cerina

Re: Mid_Nite_Poet

Postby Jack Flash » 08 Apr 11, 11:16 am

From my many conversations with Mid_nite_poet, I know she would prefer that we celebrate her life, rather than morn her passing. A member of the forum for over six years, and a moderator for much of that time she was a cornerstone in the foundation of this form.

She will be missed on a personal level and on a professional level. Always good humored, Mid_nite_poet tolerated my Canadian arctic jokes with good humor, and nary a sarcastic remark. I know I will miss her
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby breeze » 08 Apr 11, 12:05 pm

I will miss MNP and we all miss her. She was such a tonic person, such a humorous wonderful lady and I am sure she will be everyday here laughing about our jokes and funny images. She will be a little angry because we have such a bad memory and we can't remember that we already posted something (not only me, of course :twisted: )
MNP, you will be always in our memory. :hug: :hug: :hug: and please send our greetings an love to Dirz. :hug:
Few flowers from my garden, I know you will love them.
Rest in peace, our wonderful MNP. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby admin » 08 Apr 11, 2:56 pm

These past few years I've been constantly reminded that things change, but still it is a shock that MNP will no longer be with us.

She was an easygoing and friendly person. It took the longest time for me to convince her that she did not need to write notes to spammers, apologizing for removing their posts. But she was just that way; a very caring and quiet person who made sure everything ran smoothly.
You do not need to conform to this forum - This forum will conform to you.
admin

Postby Walking » 08 Apr 11, 4:26 pm

Just saw and read this thread.

MNP, you were always a one to post to any topic that didn't get a response from anyone else.

P.S. Hope you don't get too mad at us now that you can see all of us in our true-self's!
P.P.S. Keep an extra eye on Mug's!

Salut! :beer:
In remembrance.

Walking

Postby cerina » 08 Apr 11, 4:31 pm

Bit of Fun has a way of bringing people together and forgeing friendships. It was through our mutual love of fun and laughter that I got to know MNP and I am proud to be able to say that we became quite good friends. As well as her humour and warmth, she was unfailingly helpful if anyone needed it, supportive and caring when necessary but also capable of giving someone (me :roll: ) a good telling off when it was warranted, but in such a nice way that you could never take offence.

She was certainly a special lady who will be greatly missed but if we don't keep up her standards on here ... she will be back to haunt us.

I have no doubt she is keeping a close eye on us and making sure we don't let any spammers slip through the net.

God Bless you, Mid_Nite_Poet, and thank you for all the fun, laughter, poems, advice and everything else you gave so freely. :love:
cerina

Postby mugley » 08 Apr 11, 5:00 pm

she was my friend, I miss her
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby Ice Queen » 08 Apr 11, 5:32 pm

I miss her and I am still in shock. She was so funny and nice and sweet and always there for everyone! I'll never forget her! :hug:
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Lonestar » 08 Apr 11, 6:23 pm

I was shocked to learn of MNP's passing; I can't recall her ever mentioning any serious malady. But then, would she have?

In any event, her loss creates a void here on the forum and in each of our hearts, certainly. Her kindness was her hallmark; whether it was as forum moderator or just as a forum member.

As with Jack, I also believe that she would want us to continue with life; remember her, yes...but not to allow her leaving the physical realm to interfere with what we have to do. She is watching over each and all of us, laughing at some things, probably shaking a finger at others. :mrgreen:

Rest in blessed peace, dearest Linda. We shall meet when we are all called Home. Image Image
Lonestar / EtoileSolitaire / Einsamerstern / EstrellaSolitaria / ОдинокаяЗвезда

*PLEASE VISIT!* Lonestar Enterprises [click]
Lonestar

Postby cerina » 08 Apr 11, 6:29 pm

We had always talked about meeting up some time but, much as I loved her, I am hoping it is a long, long time before we meet up now. I'm not ready to travel that far. :mrgreen:
cerina

Postby Don't Blink » 08 Apr 11, 8:20 pm

Gonna miss you MNP! You were always easy going and funny.
See you again in 18 years, hopefully some of us will still be here.
Don't Blink

Postby johno » 09 Apr 11, 2:52 am

It is with great sadness to have read this post , Mid.Nite.Poet was a friend to us all ,and she will be sorely missed.. i for one will miss her greatly . My deepest heartfelt feeling s to her family. We know you are now in a good place M.N.P. ....R.I.P.
johno

Postby 420onthedot » 09 Apr 11, 9:31 pm

:(
Handle life like a dog... eat it , screw it, or just piss on it and walk away
420onthedot

Postby mr wiseguy » 10 Apr 11, 6:50 am

im in total shock

she is/was on my facebook aswell

she will be very sorely missed rip linda love
ian
http://www.thewelcomeinn.org/
^^^^^wiseguys place^^^^^
mr wiseguy

Postby midnight caller » 11 Apr 11, 12:53 pm

thoughts are with linda's family , although we had never met in person she was a good friend who gave me advice when life got tough , always there to make you feel welcome and she will be missed , R.I.P M.N.P gone but never forgotten xx
confidence is what makes a girl sexy ;-)
midnight caller

Postby Skunch » 11 Apr 11, 8:26 pm

cerina, I read the pm and went right to this thread, I can not believe what I have read and my words will come later in another post.....I am very sad right now.
ImageImage
Skunch

Postby Skunch » 11 Apr 11, 11:07 pm

It says I joined this forum sept. 30 but not the year but I think it's been around 5 years now. When I did get here, I brought some others with me and I created the Rally Round The Family thread and we all went in there and did this or that...some I brought caused a bit of trouble here and I guess were banned or left. I was looking for a forum with little or no rules because this one place we all hung at had too many stupid rules that made little or no sense. I stayed because this was a great place and we all gave MNP a bit of trouble now and then, she was a mod with a heart-understanding-and humor that was beyond belief and I was accepted here and toned down my banter and have been here since. When my brother died back in 08, MNP and many others were soo good to me with very kind and soothing words that really helped me through!! In the games here I will miss her.

Gary
ImageImage
Skunch

Postby gw » 11 Apr 11, 11:47 pm

we will all miss her

Had to read this several times and still don't want to believe it. She was a sweetheart and I was glad for her company. She probably didn't know, but she helped me pass many a boring hour.
gw

Postby runtherisc » 14 Apr 11, 12:43 pm

R.I.P MNP, you will be sorely missed
runtherisc

Postby ScornedVixen » 18 May 11, 7:05 am

MNP and Cerina are the two that I associate with Bit of Fun, never envisioned one without another. Always there, always shared and always Cared.

I still can't believe it, it goes to prove that it's also in virtual life's we take for granted who we come to realise how important they are in our lives. A little wisdom here and there, a sense of humor there and there, it's a little gestures at the time but eventually once you get your head around it, a profound and sage advice.

MNP, thank you. I will always cherish the poems you wrote, in fact, I will copy them all out and have it bound, put on my bookshelf, that way, you'll always have a place in my home, just as you'll always have a place in my heart.

Xx xx xX

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 18 May 11, 5:07 pm

What a lovely idea, Vix. It still seems strange to come on here and not find she has been commenting and posting. We owe her a duty to keep up the standards on here. :D
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 19 May 11, 4:27 am

Absolutely. A very dedicated moderator, very gentle and just plain lovely.

Have you found out more about how she died? And how is her mother? Xx

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby ~PC~ » 01 Jun 11, 7:32 am

Jack Flash wrote:From my many conversations with Mid_nite_poet, I know she would prefer that we celebrate her life, rather than mourn her passing.

I just found out today. I remember MNP as a lovely woman always with a ready smiley.

Life is always changing... but some changes are hard.
"...it really wasn't much good having anything exciting like floods, if you couldn't share them with somebody."
~PC~

Postby cerina » 01 Jun 11, 10:19 am

She and I often wondered what had happened to you ~PC~ so it is wonderful to see you back here. :hug:
cerina

Next

Return to Create your own Topic