some scary stories to keep you awake at nights

Open topic - Any thing you want

some scary stories to keep you awake at nights

Postby mugley » 09 Feb 17, 11:45 pm

12 F**king Creepy Things That Actually Happened To People

Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it didn't happen. Reddit users recently freaked everyone out with their creepiest stories, ranging from ghosts to creepy letters from strange men. We live in a strange world, and these stories are proof.

The man who couldn't be bothered by exploding glass

One day a college student was having some drinks with his roommates and getting ready to make dinner. He placed a glass dish on top of the oven and started preparing the food, but something distracted him so he left the kitchen for half an hour. Little did he know the stove had been on the whole time, and when he touched the dish it exploded everywhere. Glass was all over the kitchen, melted on the floors, embedded in the wall, everywhere. Everywhere, that is, except for anywhere on the student's body. Seriously. Not a single scratch.

The scariest part? There was glass embedded in the wall directly behind him.

The awesome shower session that turned truly terrifying

There was one young teenager that was so well-behaved that the biggest rule in his house was that he couldn't use his parent's bathroom when they were gone. Problem was, they had an awesome shower, and his was less than desirable. We all know good water pressure is life, so naturally the kid broke the rules one morning while his parents when out. After they'd been gone for 30 minutes, the kid heard the dad angrily running into their room. He slammed the keys down and checked answering machine, and before the kid could get scolded, he said "My shower drain was leaking again. Sorry, I'll be out in a minute." Suddenly the "dad" runs to the bathroom door, and then nothing. The kid calls out and the handle starts jiggling intensely, but not opening.

The door wasn't locked. The teenager gets out of the shower, wraps a towel around himself and opens door... mid shake. When he looked on the other side no one was there. When he ran through the apartment he found that neither of his parents had come home, and the answering machine was unchecked.

His parents didn't come home for two hours.

Petrifying in pink

A group of friends were at a graveyard on Halloween (of course). It was behind a building that had been the location of several failed restaurants, and at the time it was unoccupied. Still, the lights were on and there was a woman in a pink dress staring at the group through the window.

The kids hauled ass, and the lady followed from window to window, still watching them. It appeared that she was gliding from space to space instead of walking or running. Even after running down an area that had no windows, she was standing at the next set of windows by the time they got there, still watching.

They never went back.

The slap that saved them all

While deployed in Afghanistan, a soldier was on watch duty when he fell asleep. The only reason he woke up was because he literally felt someone slap his face. When he looked around he saw nothing that could have caused the feeling. Mere seconds later he saw 20 men coming to their base. He woke up the other men sleeping next to him and fought off the intruders.

He still doesn't know what hit him in the face, but he's very thankful for it.

The reason why Mom tells you not to talk to strangers

A twelve year old and her cousins were at the mall in an effort to clear their heads while their grandma was in the hospital. An old man walks up to them, smiles, and hands one of the cousins a note. It said: "Why didn't the family answer the door?" After a confusing pause, the man (who was still smiling) gave them another note, which said: "because they were already dead."

He giggled and walked away.

The screaming statuesque spirit

A ten year old was having a hard time going to sleep when he heard a noise that scared him (like that's going to help him at all). The noise turned out to be muffled crying, and after making sure he wasn't asleep, the boy finally turned around to see a woman crying into her hands. Her hair was dirty, her dress was tattered, and she just so happened to be about eight feet tall with her head pushing against the ceiling.

After a while she made eye contact with the boy and screams, although the sound seemed to be far away. After that she turned and left through the wall.

The cat that can't let go

A man had a great relationship with his adopted cat who didn't like anyone else but him. After a long battle with stomach cancer, the cat sadly passed away. Two weeks later the guy was up one night playing video games when he saw the cat walking down the hallway. He instinctively bent to pick him up, and instantly felt sad because the cat wasn't actually there.

Later when he went to bed, he felt the paws of a cat kneading into his back. He brushed it off as the work of his sleepy imagination until the morning when he woke up and found an indentation on his blanket and an area that was warmer than the rest of his bed.
The cat that can’t let go

The Easter bunny that had something else to hide

One user said that he used to live by a cemetery in the woods when he was younger, and one Easter he woke up to find a seriously creepy Easter bunny in his room, and he smelled wet hay. He didn't tell anyone the next morning, but there was strangely an extra Easter egg that his parents say they didn't hide.

Fast forward to high school when he asked his parents if they tried to scare him by dressing up as the Easter bunny. They said they would never do anything like that. However, his sister, who had shared his room with him when they were little, said she remembered when the bunny came into their room. She even commented on the smell of hay. To make things EVEN WORSE, he brought it up at school during lunch and one of his neighbors said that one night a long time ago she too had seen an Easter bunny standing in her driveway.

The conflict-causing creeper

A group of high school kids were camping at one of the boys' aunt's house in the country. During the night one of the boys walked around a nearby pond to go to the bathroom. While he was doing his business he looked up and saw a man walking towards him at the edge of the pond. He wore a red flannel shirt, jeans and work boots. Since it's kind of weird for a guy to be strolling around in the middle of nowhere at nighttime, the boy called out "Hey man, what are you doing?"

The guy ignored him and kept walking past him until he suddenly disappeared. When he told the rest of the group, the kid whose aunt and uncle owned the place jumped up and woke his relatives up at the house. He had the boy who saw the man describe it, and afterward the aunt immediately started crying. Turns out, she had been trying to tell her husband that she had seen this guy in their house, even at the foot of the bed, but he didn't believe her. He thought she was crazy and they were actually about to get a divorce because of the whole thing.

Was someone a little too desperate for the hookup on Big Macs?

A former McDonald's employee recalls having to regularly get up at 3:30 a.m. to get to the opening shift on time. One morning he was enjoying his cereal when he noticed headlights pointing straight into his kitchen window, right at him. This might not have been strange had the car not been on a cul-de-sac behind his house at an unreasonable angle. The car stayed in place as long as he was in the kitchen, and when he turned the lights out to leave the car began driving around to his house. After he got in his car, the other vehicle drove past him incredibly slow.

A bend in both the road and time

A couple of friends were driving down a road they had been on thousands of times when they came upon a roundabout. Thirty seconds later they drive up and down a hill... only to then drive through the SAME roundabout as before.

They looked at each other at the exact same time with the exact same look of fear and confusion. They hadn't accidentally taken a detour, and the road they were on wasn't a loop, it was a straight shot.

The closest thing to an explanation that either one of them could come up with is that they somehow drove through a loop in the space-time continuum.
A bend in both the road and time

When the walls turn on you, it's going to be a bad night

A little boy was trying to sleep through a thunderstorm in a 150-year-old farmhouse of which he was deathly afraid. He was the only person on the second floor, and he was so terrified of the place that he slept with the lights on to get rid of the ghosts and monsters lurking in the dark.

The storm was making it almost impossible to sleep, but after he finally did, he was woken up by more thunder. To his horror he found blood streaming down the walls. The worst part is that his parents were so tired of him waking them up due to nightmares that he wasn't allowed to leave his room. He had to sit there... watching the blood... all night. When morning finally came he rushed to his parents and was afraid that for some reason they wouldn't be able to see what he saw. Luckily they did, and even luckier, they had an explanation. Since the house was so old, the bricks of the chimney were dissolving and made an oozy sludge in the rain.
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Re: some scary stories to keep you awake at nights

Postby Don't Blink » 10 Feb 17, 11:30 pm

:lmao: Some good campfire stories
Don't Blink

Postby mugley » 02 Mar 17, 5:34 pm

There’s A Tombstone At My Mother’s Gravesite That The Police Should Seriously Look Into

Okay, full disclosure here, graveyards have always spooked me out. My father died when I was a baby and I barely remember him, so I never visited his burial plot. Not on Christmas. Not on Easter. Not on his birthday. Never.

Until my mother, my mama, my best friend in the universe, ended up in a coffin a few inches away from him.

Now I sit beside her grave during my lunch break every damn day. It freaked me out at first, but I got used to it. It even started to feel normal. Like I was where I was meant to be.

But then something unexplainable happened. Something that scared the shit out of me.

It started like it always did. With me walking up to my mother’s tombstone and making some random, trying-and-failing-to-be-funny comment in case her angel was listening.

This time, it was, “Hey, ma, how are you? How are your friends?” I glanced at the tombstones flanking hers to read the inscriptions. “How are… Susan and Haley? Good? Yeah? That’s good.”

I talked to her like she was next to me, pausing to give her sufficient time to answer. We chatted about my boyfriend, Pierre. My job at the art studio. My dog. My anxiety. My lunch. Everything. Nothing.

And that was the last normal day I shared with her.

The next day, a Tuesday, I started our conversation with the same question. “Hey ma, how are you? How’s Susan and Haley?”

But when I glanced at the neighboring tombstone, it didn’t say Haley. It said Heather.

That could have been my mistake. I could have read it wrong the other day. Remembered it wrong today. So I went back to talking to my mother, telling her how I had a ham sandwich in my bag instead of turkey and how I wondered when my boyfriend would finally propose and how I trusted him to pick out a ring that I wouldn’t have to pretend to like.

On Wednesday, when I asked my mother about her ghost friends, the name on the tombstone beside her said Ashley.

Now there was no way in hell it had originally said that. No way. It was an H name. Heather. Haley. Holly. Fucking Halsey. But definitely not Ashley.

I scooted away from my mother’s stone and leaned toward Ashley, pushing back the weeds that had blanketed the bottom of it.

When I cleared them all away, I could read the rest of the inscription.

Ashley Sanderson

Loving daughter, niece, cousin.

January 2 1994 – February 5 2017

February 5th? I double checked my phone to make sure I wasn’t going crazy and — yup — that was today’s date.

I had a million questions, so I turned to the only one I thought could answer them. Google. I pulled up the browser on my phone and searched for the woman’s obituary. Nothing.

But I kept checking throughout the day. And about four hours later, it came up. She had died in a car crash. Hit by a drunk driver. Around the same time I had seen her tombstone.

From then on, whenever I visited my mother, I would check the stone next to her to read the name. Always new. Always accurate.

Now, I’m not a monster. I tried to help. Once, I scraped the date off with a pocketknife, thinking it might reset fate. Once, I called the police to offer them an anonymous tip. Once, I tried to track the person down to protect them myself.

Nothing worked.

I could’ve taken an extra step and told the authorities the full story, but what if some type of horror movie magic had hit me and the stone was something only I could see? What if they threw me in a psych ward?

I didn’t want to risk my life for someone else’s. So I stayed quiet. But I still checked the stone every single day.

And — either because of karma or destiny or just some random seizure — it eventually read: Pierre Moreau.

My boyfriend’s name.

My future fiancé’s name.

My soulmate’s name.

I ripped the phone from my bag and tried calling him. No answer. Tried texting. Nothing.

I was about to sprint for my car, to figure out the fastest way to get home to him, but then there he was. Walking toward me. Smiling wide. There were blood stains on his ears and chin, but other than that, he looked intact.

“Oh thank God,” I said, wrapping my arms around him and resting my hands in his hair.

He held me close. “I missed you.”

A few seconds (or minutes?) ticked by. We kept holding tighter. Afraid to let go.

And then he asked, “Are you ready?”

My head was still on his shoulder, but his voice sounded shaky, like he was about to cry.

“Ready for what?”

He pulled away, eyebrows furrowed, head tilted. Then he nodded, like he had an epiphany, like he had realized something important. “Come here, baby. I guess some people don’t realize as quick as me.”

He grabbed my hand and led me past rows of buried bodies, toward a stone shaped like a cross. Toward a stone that said my first and last name.

Was this another one? Another one that predicted the future? Were we meant to die together? On the same day?

I bent down, letting the dirt stain my knees, and read the rest of it.

Loving daughter and sister. She will be missed.

April 15 1993 – August 17 2015

“I don’t understand,” I said. “2015. That’s two years ago.”

He nodded. “Feels like longer. Like I said, I missed you. I can’t believe you’ve been waiting this whole time.”

Before I could spit out another question, he patted his chest, right over his heart. At first I thought it was a symbol of affection, but then I understood. I reached for my own chest. Felt around. Found the bullet hole.

And remembered — the night I got shot. The night someone broke into our apartment and pulled the trigger twice. Once into Pierre’s shoulder and once into my heart. He lived through it. I wasn’t as lucky.

“It’s okay. I’m here now,” he said. “You’re not alone anymore. We’re together. Like your mom and dad. We can go where they are. We can go together.”

His lips touched mine, cold and soft and salty. And then we were gone. TC mark
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby mugley » 07 Mar 17, 8:21 pm

28 TERRIFYING TRUE GHOST STORIES AND OTHER STRANGE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE UNKNOWN
By Occult Museum

As you turn the last page of a Stephen King novel, or the credits of your favorite horror movie begin to roll, you can breathe a sigh of relief; it’s all over. It was all just make-believe. True horror stories are harder to forget and leave behind. The following strange and often terrifying encounters actually happened … and what’s more, they could happen to anyone.

Turn the lights down low and hide under your bedsheets because the truth is, we’re not safe. The real world is far more terrifying than anything we can make up.

1. Happy Birthday

We moved into a new house a few months ago. As we were in the process of purchasing the house, the renter who was living in it died unexpectedly of natural causes in his mid-40s. He died right in the middle of the living room. Shortly after, we move into the house, and almost immediately our two-year-old daughter starts talking about the ghost that lives in our house.

Now let’s be real here–she is two and two-year-olds are VERY impressionable. Halloween had recently passed, and she had this Halloween-themed picture book that she loved to read, so it’s entirely possible that all this talk of ghosts was just coming from looking through that book on a regular basis. Still, she was always telling me that the ghost was in her playhouse in the basement, or that the ghost was on the stairs, or that the ghost was standing in the corner.

She never seemed to be afraid of the ghost, and considered him to be her friend, so I wasn’t all that concerned even if there really was a ghost haunting our house. If he’s a nice and helpful ghost, it could certainly be a lot worse.

I would often tell the ghost that he was welcome to stay if he wanted to, but he was also welcome to go if that would make him happier. I was about 30/70 on the ghost being real and she could see and talk to him versus the ghost being just her imagination fueled by her Halloween book … until one day, when we were going out to the car to go to daycare in the morning.

It was still dark out, and rainy. My daughter told me that the ghost was on the back deck, and then she told me that today was the ghost’s birthday and she wanted to sing him Happy Birthday. Once again, I mostly disregarded what she was saying, as she is birthday obsessed and has in the past made us sing Happy Birthday to Mickey Mouse, a bowl of fruit snacks, and the bathroom. So we sang and wished the ghost a happy birthday and went on with our lives. Later that day, out of pure curiosity, I looked up the obituary of the man who had died in our house.

And wouldn’t you know it? It was his fucking birthday. – patentspatented

2. The Babysitter

This happened a couple weeks ago and is the most recent creepy moment I can recall.

I on and off again babysit this two-year-old while his parents have a date night. Once before my friend was babysitting him and he started talking to his “grandpa” (who his parents say he never met as he had died before the kid was born). So whenever I babysit him, I prepare for something weird like that to happen again.

Of course this night were in his living room and he points at an empty wall in front of us “Grandpa” is all he says. He’s two and doesn’t talk a whole lot so I didn’t ask for an explanation. Instead I start talking about other things because it’s creeping me out. The kid then widens his eyes and grips the chair he’s sitting in, chattering his teeth and shaking uncontrollably. Here’s me freaking the fuck out so I grab him and tell him that it’s time to watch a movie before bed.

Later that night, I’m about to take him upstairs when I noticed the door was unlocked. I locked it and turned the knob, shaking the door, to reaffirm that it’s locked (I do this without fail to every door I lock, it’s a dumb quirk) and then carry him upstairs to bed since he’s already half asleep.

I’m in his room for about 20 minutes and when he’s finally out I leave him and go back downstairs. The front door is directly in front of the stairs and guess what. THE DOOR IS UNLOCKED. Immediately I think that this is going to be a horror movie and think that it’s a smart idea to check around the house. Nothing out of the ordinary. I even go upstairs to check on the kid again. I didn’t bother looking in the other bedrooms because I had his door open when we were laying in there and would have seen anyone come up.

Anyways, after making sure he’s okay, I go back downstairs and watch tv until his parents get home, jumping at every little noise. Freakiest night of my life and I had to debate for a solid hour when they asked me to watch him again a couple days later. – peachskylines

3. The Accident

Something found me after a car accident and I don’t know what it was.

During our drive home from a family trip our car hit black ice on a curve that sent us rolling. That day I didn’t wear my seatbelt I was ejected out the car by breaking through my window using my face as a ram. From my perspective: One second I’m in a car, the next thing I know I’m laying in some bushes. I try getting up but I’m stopped by an intense pain in my shoulder (broke my collar bone). Honestly, I don’t know if I passed out or just went to sleep but at this point I lost consciousness. After an unknown amount of time to me, through my closed eyes I can see a flash light shine over me (it was 3:00 A.M.). My dad found me, lifted me to my feet with ease and pushed me towards where the totaled car and my family was. A distinct detail I remember about this moment is how firm the hands were.

The unexplainable part. After talking to my brother I realized something. My dad never actually went looking for me. My mom was badly damaged and no one had no idea what happened to me. They actually assumed the worst and thought I was dead, under the car. We didn’t even have a flashlight. I don’t know who/what found me lying there, but something did. I distinctly remember the light shining over me before firm strong hands lifted me up like I was paper. Before talking about it I always just assumed it had been my dad. I post this every now and then just kinda hoping an answer finds it. My collar bone healed so it’s protruding a bit, it’s stuck as a permanent reminder of that day. – XdannyX

4. The Farmer

My mother-in-law was a very funny and cool woman. She and my wife were really close and sadly, she passed away when our son was about four months old. Flash forward a few years. We live in an old 1930s era craftsman house in Pasadena, CA. Our son is about three.

I was giving him a bath one night and he starts looking over my shoulder, not at random stuff, but at something. A moment passes and he asks me why Grandma calls Mommy a funny name. Long pause. I asked him what he meant thinking he was talking about MY mom. He then says why does Grandma call Mommy ****** (My mother-in-law’s nickname for my wife). I was really set back by this. My wife and I never used the nickname, it was just what her mom called her since she was a baby. I asked him where he heard that. His reply:

“The Farmer told me”

I asked him who the farmer was and he replied “his friend.” I tell my wife this story later and she’s of course reduced to tears over the whole nickname thing. We both know there is no way for him to know this and we just kinda marvel at it.

Flash forward to the next weekend and my son is playing in his room. My wife is at work (retail) and I’m home (I worked Monday to Friday).

I hear him start talking like he’s having a conversation. He’s saying things like “yes” “no” “I don’t know that” then some laughing. I go into his room and ask him what he’s doing and he says playing. I ask with who. He says The Farmer.

At this point, I’m already thinking about the fucking Exorcist movie and Captain Howdy. It’s a little unsettling. I ask him where the Farmer is. He says he left when I came in.

THE FUCK. So my wife gets home and I tell her this and now she’s just as weirded out as I am. We have no idea what do and figure if it happens again we’ll do something.

A few days later in the middle of the night we both over hear our son saying the following: “Grandma says you and I can’t be friends anymore.”

Wife and I go check on him, both of us a little freaked. He’s just sitting up in bed. I ask if he’s ok and he says yea, Grandma says I can’t play with the Farmer anymore.

He never once mentioned the Farmer again. Not ever. He’s 13 now and doesn’t remember any of it. We do though. – Tucker48

RELATED: 19 Seriously Scary Ghost Stories That Will Haunt You For Life
5. The Man in the Top Hat

When my brother and I were around four/five we lived in a house that was about 100 years old. One day we were walking up the stairs when we saw a tall man in a black coat and top hat walk into the living room which was to the left of the bottom of the stairs. A bit freaked out we thought our dad was pranking us so called out for him. Shit. Both parents came out of the kitchen (opposite side of the stairs and isolated from the living room).

I hadn’t thought about it for a long time and we never spoke about it. Then about a month ago, my daughter asked if I believed in ghosts so I told her the story. Literally seconds later my phone bleeps. It was my brother saying “I was just talking to (partner) about paranormal stuff, do you remember the guy in the top hat?” – Swallows84

6. The Night Visitor

Okay, this is my go-to scary story that happened to me. When I was about 10 or 11 years old, I stayed up sort of late. When I got to bed, I was still feeling restless. I pulled all of my blankets around me and tucked myself against the wall (my twin bed was flush with the wall). I was in bed awake for probably an hour when I started hearing a rather unsettling noise. Muffled crying. I focused on it, hoping it was my imagination or I was asleep.

After a few minutes, I needed to see what it was. I turned around in bed to see a woman in a dress standing at the far side of my room, crying into her hands. Her hair was matted and her clothes tattered. She was about seven or eight feet tall, crammed under the ceiling. After a few seconds she looks up at me and screams, but it sounded like it was coming from far away. She made eye contact with me, turned around and walked through the wall.

I stayed awake that night. – Coolman_Express

7. The Talking Portrait

When I was maybe six or seven, I was staying the night at my grandparents house. I was on the couch trying to sleep when I heard whispering. They had a painting of my aunt hanging on the wall in the living room and it was talking to me. Nothing creepy though. It was talking the way my aunt would talk to me. Asking me if I was behaving and typical aunt talk. She tells me to wake my grandfather up because she needs to talk to him.

I did and when he realized she wasn’t there he began scolding me.

In between threats and insults, he noticed someone moving outside the window. He grabbed his pistol and told me to stay in the room with my grandmother. A minute or two later we hear a gunshot. Turns out there is a prison for young adults about 20 miles from where they live. Three of them killed a guard and escaped. They were sizing the house up to take his truck and whatever they could, but he saw them first. Ended up shooting one of them in the shoulder. I have no idea why that fucking picture was talking to me. They’ve never experienced ghosts before or since. – Tucker33

8. “That’s Him”

I have four little cousins in who never got to meet my grandfather–he passed before they were born. One morning, they ran downstairs for breakfast as they usually do. As my uncle was getting their food ready, one pointed to the fridge and said “that’s him!” My uncle, not thinking much of it, said “who?” and looked over. They were pointing at a picture of my grandfather that they never got to meet. My cousin responded “the man that comes and talks to us at night until we fall asleep sometimes!”

Not horrifying, but still … eerie. – jankylyfe

9. The Bunker

I live in the north of Switzerland. We have a lot of old military bunkers from the Second World War. When I was seven or eight years old, three friends of mine and I went out to explore one of these bunkers who was built on a hill inside a small forest. The main door was jammed, so we had to break it up. We found a big log nearby and used it as a battering ram.

After many tries the door won’t budge. But there was a peephole. It was about 10 cm (four inches) in diameter. We opened it and illuminated the dark inside. There was a long, ruined and dark hallway with rooms on the left and right side. We couldn’t see the end of the hallway. It was just too long. Every one of us wanted to catch a glimpse of the inside, when one of my friends says: “There is a small light at the end of the hallway”. This light was not there when I watched trough the peephole. So I pushed him away and took a second look.

What I saw gave me a shiver. There was not a small light, it looked more like a flashlight pointed directly towards me and behind it was a silhouette of a person. I walked a few steps back and said: “There is someone in there!” At the same moment someone (or something) knocked on the door from the inside of the bunker. This was the moment we got into panic, start screaming and run away. I was so scared I run straight home and locked the door. On the next day in school, my friends and I talked about the event. We came to the explanation that probably some older kids have played a prank on us. One week later we went to the same bunker again. But as we saw, the welded connection, that should keep the door locked, where rusty and not broken, we just left without saying a word to each other. It was impossible someone opened this door before us, and this was the only entrance. I still live in the same region.

Standing in front of this door again was not very comfortable. The story happened 20 years ago. But it still looks the same. – Anonymous

10. Time Travel

My friend and I time traveled. Or that is the easiest explanation.

We were in high school and he was taking my bus back to my house with me. We get home around 2:45 and my mother gets home around 3:00. We decided to go hiking before my mother could say no so we left a note on the counter and took off.

We took or usual route up the backyard hill making sure to avoid the crazy people that resided in makeshift homes up there. Climbed some trees for a while, explored a section of the car graveyard we hadn’t checked out before, and other typical teenage exploring type stuff.

We took a break near the top of the mountain. It was unusually beautiful that day. Incredibly green and there were seriously visible light beams shining down through the canopy. Like seriously pretty stuff. So of course, I start running around through the light and decide we should probably start getting back cause my mother was probably gonna be pissed if we missed dinner.

On the way back we stumbled onto a pond we had never encountered before. It was small and had a single wooden boat on it. There were also a few teepees around the pond. Not old teepees, they looked ratty and unusable.

We decided someone was probably living there and took a new path back home. We climbed down and up an old quarry and dropped off on the main road that leads to my house. We were absolutely filthy and over a mile from my place. We just walked the road back to my house.

We arrived home before my mother which seemed strange so I threw out the note so she wouldn’t know we were out galavanting. She got home like three minutes later wondering how we had gotten so dirty at school. She arrived home at her usual time and we had only been gone a grand total of 13-15 minutes.

We honestly don’t even talk about that day anymore. It’s too confusing. But yeah, time travel. – casadeparadise

11. The Pale White Figure

When I was 12, I was in bed one night with my bedroom door open. I was watching TV, sitting somewhat upright with a pillow behind my head and shoulders. The TV was in one corner of the room and the door was in the other corner. The room was differently shaped and basically where the door was cut off the corner of what would normally be a perfectly square floor plan.

So with my bed lying between the two, when I watched TV I could see out the door. (I was scared of aliens don’t judge.) So I was watching TV and out the door is completely black. Next thing you know, something catches my eye and I look over out the door and this all white human-shaped object is moving past the door, from left to right, and when I stared directly at it, it turned and looked at me. A split second later it was passed the right threshold of the door and I was left petrified.

Shaking in my covers nearly shitting myself. I then hear the door to the garage open and shit myself even more. I run down stairs and am greeted by my drunk 19-year-old brother getting home. I spill out what just happened to me and he grabs a bat and we check every room, under the beds, in closets. Everyone was dead asleep. We found nothing.

Needless to say, I never slept with my door open AGAIN, still to this day 11 years later. – dongSOwrong68

12. The Old Prison

I was on a tour of an old building in Australia that used to function as a prison for convicts sent over from the UK. Was going up a flight of stairs when I felt a pressure around my neck/windpipe. Didn’t think much more of it than, “Hm that’s weird” and just sort of rubbed my neck in hopes of making the sensation pass. When we were heading back down the guide said a man hung himself in that stairwell and people often reported the feeling of being strangled.

I completely bugged the fuck out, but didn’t tell anyone in my tour group in fear they’d think I was lying. – ArbyNoodleArmy

13. The Easter Bunny

When I was younger I used to live by the woods and could see a cemetery from my back porch. One Easter I remember waking up and seeing the Easter bunny (one of those terrifying costumes) and what really gets me is I remember smelling the wet hay. When I woke up I didn’t tell anyone, but there was an extra Easter egg in my house that my parents didn’t hide.

Years later when I was in high school I asked my parents if they ever dressed up like the Easter bunny and came into our room, they said they would never go through so much trouble. Then my younger sister, who I shared a bunk bed with when this happened, said she remembers when the Easter bunny came into our room and made a remark about the hay smell. I was terrified that we both remembered seeing a person dressed as a bunny in our room.

To make it even stranger, I told the friends I sat with at lunch what happened. One of the girls was my neighbor across the street. She told me one Easter a long time she looked out her window during the night and saw the Easter bunny standing in her driveway. I had chills. To this day I am terrified of people in rabbit costumes. – hereholdmybeerdamnit

14. Strange Voices

Was at a friend’s house when I passed out on the couch. Woke up a bit later and realized it was time for me to go. Got up and noticed my buddy’s light on in his room but the door was shut. Walked by the door and told him I was leaving because I had to work in the AM. He said “YUP, SEE YA!” Went to fridge to grab my drink. Walked back by his room and said “later dude”. He said “YUP.” Something didn’t seem legit, didn’t sound quite like him so I opened the door … No one there … No one in the house. Went outside and his truck was gone.

I freaked the fuck out. Called his cell and he had left to go to McDonald’s 15 minutes prior.

I bolted outside and waited for him to get home. He told me the kid that used to live there years ago hung himself in the attic and ever since he lived there he has noticed strange things and voices.

This was confirmed by the neighbor. The kid’s older brother! After that just about anyone who goes over there has a weird experience. My buddy has dealt with it for years. When it gets weird he yells out loud “LEAVE ME ALONE” and he says the weird vibes stop for a bit. But they always come back. – ReDdiT_JuNkBoT

15. The Man by the Lake

This is actually my husband’s story. When he was in high school he and some of his friends had a campout at his friend’s aunt and uncle’s house in the country. They did the usual cooking out, putting up a tent, etc.

At some point during the night my husband went for a short walk near a small pond on the property to “take a leak”. As he was doing his business he looked up and saw a man walking around the edge of the pond towards him. He clearly saw this man, who was walking with his head down. He described him as wearing a red flannel shirt, jeans, and work boots. He thought that was very strange that this guy was out walking around a pond in the country in the middle of the night so he “Hey man, what are you doing?” He didn’t get an answer and the guy kept walking past him and was now facing away when suddenly he just wasn’t there anymore.

My husband went and told his friends what happened. The boy whose relatives owned the property was shocked and immediately ran to the house and woke them up. He had my husband describe what he had seen. The boy’s aunt immediately starts to cry. She had been seeing this same guy in the house, sometimes standing at the foot of the bed, and her husband did not believe her. He had been accusing her of insanity and apparently they were at the brink of divorce from this issue. She was so relieved that someone had been able to validate what she had been experiencing. – Lanaglugglug

16. The Security Camera

I used to work at a place which required to be manned 24 hours a day. Reason being is that I handled sensitive documents/files and if somebody needed this information in the middle of the night I would have to fetch it for them (or confirm that I have it).

Anyways, security is kind of tight. Bars on windows, multiple locked doors to get to where I am. They would give me work to do during the night, but underestimated how quickly I could get it done. So like most nights, I finished my work in like 30 to 45 minutes, and pulled out my phone and played games / Netflix (since nobody else is in the building at night).

So now it is getting to be the last third of my shift when all of the sudden I hear a door close. I look to the security camera and see someone walking down a hall towards my room. At first I thought it was just somebody that came in (ridiculously) early, so I turn around and wait for them to come in. But nobody came in, and the hairs start rising on my back. Now, this isn’t a really big building so I figure I’ll find the guy wherever he is and start checking offices and storage rooms but come up empty handed, however I do see that a fire door had shut. I go to try and rewind the camera, but the digital recording is password protected and i don’t know the password. Anyways the whole thing freaked me out, the way the person was walking down the hallway, like a determined walk right to where I was.

So, I sit with my spine tingling for the last couple hours of my shift and finally people start coming in, my replacement shows up and I tell her what I saw and at this point I figured I must have imagined the whole thing. I’m told to go home, and the manager and girl who replaced me would look over the camera. After getting home I call my manager and ask what was on the camera. So they said that the video showed the fire door closing but then the video froze for about an hour, the next thing it records is me reopening the door. – trudenter

17. Marks on My Face

I lived in some really unsettling places. One of the events that stuck with me the most is probably this.

I woke up one morning and as usual I walked to the mirror to brush the teeth and fix the hair. Now, I’m in a relatively small place with a balcony and sink in the same room without openable windows. I looked in the mirror and I see one of my plants moving, like there’s wind blowing against it. I turn around and walk over to the plant–that is next to the door–and check if the balcony door is closed. It was.

For some reason, while walking back to the mirror my eye fell on one of the pens lying on my desk. When I arrive at the mirror the first thing I notice are all these pen markings on my face. My heart stops and theres goosebumps everywhere. I cleaned up and fled the room. When I came back the door to the balcony was open.

Needless to say, I didn’t enjoy being there for quite some while after. – jorjin

18. Stop Now

Many years ago, as a 14-year-old, staying overnight at a friends house, with 3 other friends, similar ages. We’d all grown up together, except one, who was a cousin of the kid who lived there, and we’d never met him before. His older sister, 16 at the time, was the babysitter while the parents were out for the evening.

She decides to unearth a ouija board from a cupboard somewhere, and thinks it’ll be a laugh to scare us shitless. This was back in the days, when you could buy ouija boards as a ‘board game’ from your local toy store.

So we all gather round, and she starts off with a kind of yes/no lie detector, directing questions to the each of us in turn. Cue nervous giggles, but also a feeling of unease, as we all began to feel like this was awesomely amazing, like some kind of secret that we’d all been unaware of before.

Shit gets strange, when the sister asks out loud, that ‘if anybody is here, please show yourself’. A pause of a few seconds, and then a framed picture falls off the wall, and onto the floor. Naturally, we all freak the fuck out. She calms us all down, and insists we go back to the board, because we have to help whoever knocked the picture down.

Ashen faced and hearts pounding, we start asking questions (And I should also add, the pointer is moving smoothly and rapidly, in a completely different manner than before.)

Are you in the room? Pointer says yes. Are you a man? Pointer says no. Do you need help? Pointer says no. What’s your name? Pointer spells out S-A-R-A-H. Tell us a secret, we ask … pointer spells out FLIPACOIN.

So we did. Someone leaves the table and gets a 10p piece from out of the loose change jar in the kitchen. This was in the days when 10p coins were big and chunky. The coin goes spinning high up into the air … as we watch it coming down, it stops spinning and serenely falls edge down to land on the table. When I say land, it didn’t bounce, it didn’t rock, it just came down and met the table, perfectly balanced on it’s edge, as if someone had reached out, and gently placed it there.

Breaking the silence, the pointer starts moving again. Seemingly random letters, we soon realize they’re initials, including middle names. Family tradition for my friend and his sister was to have 3 middle names, something not all of us knew. Aside from the brother and the cousin, no-one else would have known the older sister’s full name, and we’d met the cousin for the first time that night. Somehow, every person present, had their initials correctly spelled out to them.

Pointer pauses, and then spells out 3 last words. CHILDREN. STOP. NOW.

Took me many many weeks to be able to sleep properly. No one told their parents, and over the years it became our collective shared secret. Couldn’t rationalize it then, still can’t rationalize it today. – DjangoFlugelhorn

19. Golden Light

My mom had a seizure in her sleep (she was epileptic), got wrapped up in her blankets, and suffocated herself. Paramedics were able to get her breathing again, and loaded her into an ambulance. This was very early in the morning, like 4:30 A.M.

I was tasked with calling family to tell them my mother was in the hospital. The first and most important phone call I had to make was to my grandmother, her mother. Before I had a chance to grab the phone and call, the phone rang. It was my grandmother calling. This would have been about 5:30 in the morning, but about 2:30 in the morning in her time zone. She wanted to tell us that she’d seen my mother bathed in golden light, and claimed they’d talked and that she was dead, but headed to a better place now.

At this point I didn’t know my mother was going to die. My father was at the hospital with her, and didn’t know she was going to die yet. The doctors didn’t know she was brain dead yet. But somehow my grandmother knew and contacted me.

Incredibly spooky. – danish-one

20. The Oujia Board

Played with an Ouija board in college. I was not on it when it started spelling out “fuck Mary” over and over. Someone on the board asked “Mary who?”. The board then spelled “virgin”. The person asked, why? It then said “Because she watches him.” The person asked who? The piece then slid off the table toward me and landed at my feet.

I had not told anyone in that room about my religious background, and I was living a life quite contrary to my upbringing. I noped out of there right then. When I went to get in my car long blades of grass were lining all of my windows, wedged in between the weather stripping and glass. I wasn’t in there long enough for someone to have been that precise on all four windows. – arminian

21. The Girl on all Fours

So, there’s this old bridge in my town that’s supposedly haunted by a young girl who drowned in the river beneath it. Apparently, if you came at the right time you could hear her scream. When me and my buddies were in high school we had nothing better to do than go ghost hunting. Being from a town of 6,000 people in good ol’ southern Illinois, half of that being prison inmates and mental health patients, you have to get a bit creative to have any sort of fun.

Anyway, we get to this bridge at about 3:00 A.M. and we sit there for awhile. Nothing. About 20 minutes go by and were all skeptical. Everyone’s joking about how dumb this was, or trying to creep each other out. All of a sudden, Screaming. The most blood-curdling, high pitched screaming you’ve ever heard. It wasn’t just one scream either. It never stopped, it kept going even as we were driving away in our cars. But that’s not even the worst part.

Me and one of my buddies high tail it back to the cars as soon as we heard the initial scream, because you had to walk a bit downhill to get underneath the bridge. Halfway back, we both go from sprinting to a dead stop at the exact same moment. I never asked him what he saw, because I saw it for myself. It was a girl, running on all fours into the woods.

I don’t talk about this much because it gives me chills just thinking about it, and nobody ever takes me seriously. – Anweow9069

22. Small World

Back in my college days I was walking home with my sisters from a sorority meeting. We didn’t live on campus, but instead were about a 20-minute walk away.

It was around 2:00 in the morning, and for the first few minutes we were alone on the streets. No cars, no walkers, nobody.

Eventually, someone else was seen, walking towards us. A tall, older, white man, using crutches, and with a black dog at his side.

We of course step aside as he walks by, letting him use the side walk. We say hello, but he doesn’t pay attention to us. However his black dog looks at us, looks scared, and quickly rejoins its master.

A few blocks further, we hear the “crink, flop, crink, flop” of crutches again. We’re approaching a corner, and around the bend there is the same man, with the same crutches, coming at us again. We step aside, say it’s a small world, and try to offer directions, but him and his brown dog just keep going. The dog looked at us, looked scared, and returned to its master.

Approaching home we hear the crutches again, but can’t pin point the location. We turn on to our street and start walking down it, and about half way down our block the man steps out from a building, our building, and just walks by us again. Yellow dog looks at us, looks scared, and keeps walking with its master.

To this day I have no way to explain how a man on crutches caught up to us so many times, how he knew where we lived, or what happened with the color changing dog. – LillyYoyoINeedGogert

23. The Warning

During college, I used to travel a lot on weekends between my hometown and my college (90 mile drive). One weekend, an acquaintance of mine from high school also decided to drive home in a separate car.

On Saturday night I had a very vivid dream where this infant girl came up to me and said “Please … take care of my sister” and showed me an image of a car crash on the highway consisting of a silver Corolla (my friend’s car) and a black Ford Explorer.

The next morning I immediately called her and told her about that dream and asked her if she has a sister because I’ve only ever met her brothers. Her response was that “well … my mom had a stillborn girl” and then I asked how old she would’ve been today and she said 5. It immediately clicked that the infant from my dream was her lost sister! I talked her into driving back with me the next night and watched the news only to see an identical image to what I saw in my dream, only this time it was only a black Ford Explorer and not two cars. Still freaks me out to this day. – gndcd402

24. The Woman in the Window

My friends and I were visiting a graveyard a couple blocks away from home on Halloween, because why not? There is a building that restaurants have been going in and out of for years and none seem to stay open for long. The graveyard is basically this places ‘backyard’. On that night for some reason the lights were on in the building and there was a lady in a pink dress standing in the window just staring at us. There was no restaurant open in there at that time.

We all kind of booked it and this lady followed us from window to window like she was gliding, not walking, which made us completely book it. We ran as fast as we could down the road and there is a segment without windows for her to follow which direction exactly we went but by the time we got to the next set of windows running full speed she was standing there already, watching in our direction. We never made that trip again. – SJMoore86

25. The Ritual

After my grandmother died, my family performed this ritual (as per tradition). Essentially, you create a shrine for the deceased. For the first seven days following the death, at 7:00 P.M., you remain silent for one hour to allow the spirit of the deceased to return and say their goodbyes. During the last day, a glass vase which was right next to the shrine fell and shattered while we were sitting silently in the adjacent room. We were all a little on edge, especially since the vase had been there for years, seemed secure, and all the windows were closed.

At any rate, after the silent hour had passed we called my aunt who was doing the same ritual at her house. She said that the strangest thing had happened–they were all upstairs in the same room during the silent hour when one the doors downstairs had slammed shut. They checked and the house was closed up (no windows open, exterior doors locked) and they couldn’t figure out what had happened. Also, when they went downstairs all of the doors–except the locked front and garage doors–were still open. They’d had the house for over a decade and nothing like that had happened before.

I’m not saying something supernatural happened that night, but it sure was a creepy coincidence. – Mustang_Gold

26. The Footprint

I’d like to begin saying that there have been many happenings in this house, but I’ll share the most frightening. Backstory: the area where my house is was once open prairie and we have found Native American artifacts laying around the area.

When my parents divorced when I was a young teenager my mother and I moved into this house. Now, at first it seemed great! There was plenty of space and it had a very cozy feel to it. However, as time went on strange things became to happen. The more I noticed them the more frequent they would become. I’d hear someone walking downstairs as I was brushing my teeth and would assume it was my mom, but whenever I’d check no one would be there.

Footsteps began to be a very common sound in my house, especially at night. So, after some time I came to the realization that, oh shit, my house is haunted!

Now here is where things got really weird. One day my good friend and I had just gotten done from being out in the sun and decided to retreat to my mom’s house. Considering she had been away on a business trip we figured this would be awesome. My friend and I could go drink or do whatever mischievous actives we wanted to. We were wrong.

We walked inside and headed straight for the basement where it was cooler than the rest of the house. While walking down the stairs I noticed that The Beatles Yellow Submarine poster hanging at the bottom of the stairwell was tilted slightly to the left. No bother I figured, it must have gotten bumped by me or something. I fixed it and we walked into the main room. Mind you, we had pictures and posters hanging everywhere in the basement. What my friend and I saw instantly creeped us out. All 10-15 pictures on the walls were each tilted slightly to the left. Just as the Beatles one had been. But the weirdness of the situation didn’t stop there. The storage room (essentially a dirt floored room that is lifted about four feet off the ground) had its door cracked open. So I walk over and see a golden glow emanating out. There is a pull chord light located about 10 feet from the door that is turned on.

I hop up and into the storage room, crawl on my hands and knees to the light, and turn it off. Hoping that all of this had a natural explanation I call my mom up and ask her about it. She says she has no idea what I’m talking about and hasn’t been in the basement for weeks before she left on her trip. Shivers shoot down my spine. I look back into the storage room, and in the dirt there’s a footprint. The most distorted and mangled footprint imaginable. I’m frozen in fear. My friend is too. Without words, we look at one another each feeling a sickening, gut-wrenching feeling. I slammed the storage space door shut, locked it, and we bolted out of my house as fast as we could. I’ll never forget how sickening and mangled that footprint looked, and thinking that I had crawled in there to turn off the light still gives me shivers to this day. – whatchuknowboutthat

27. The Basement

My house sitting story. Two months after my brother and his wife bought a new house, they had to go out of town and needed their cats fed. Their house and my office are both a good drive from my apartment, but only a few minutes away from each other. My brother said if I wanted, I could just stay over in the guest room rather than driving among the three places. So I got the keys and instructions. I was staying there three nights: Mon-Wed.

Monday evening was uneventful until about midnight. I was lying on the living room couch, watching Conan, with a cat lying on my chest. I started to drift off to sleep. The next thing I knew, I was standing in pitch black darkness. I completely freaked out, I had no idea where I was. I felt around in the dark and felt nothing. Finally I realized there actually was a faint blue light coming from above. I moved toward it and then understood where I was. I was in the fucking basement! The light was coming through the basement door at the top of the stairs, which leads to the kitchen. Just enough moonlight apparently made it through from a window elsewhere in the kitchen. I bolted up the stairs, turned on the kitchen light, and closed the basement door. I was terrified until I calmed down enough to come to the conclusion you probably already came to–I had sleepwalked all the way down the stairs (after opening the basement door, which I know was closed).

A couple things are important to the story. First, the basement. The house was very nice—actually, more than they should have been able to afford. The only exception was the basement. I had only seen the basement once, when I first got the tour. It was totally unfinished and was the one major thing they wanted to fix up. All they had down there was some boxes and the washer/dryer. I had no reason to want to go down there and had kind of forgotten it existed.

The other point is that sleepwalking is kind of a thing in my family, almost an inside joke. My brother talked in his sleep constantly, and would sleepwalk sometimes, and it always scared the hell out of me. The idea of people doing things in their sleep just creeps me out to the core (still does). My brother knew this and would tease me about it, so it was known in my family that I had this phobia. But as far as I know, I had never, ever sleepwalked until that night. The image kept playing in my mind, over and over, of me, asleep, getting up from the couch, walking to the kitchen, opening the basement door, and shuffling down the stairs into total darkness. Creepy as all hell.

Anyway, I saw the TV was still on in the living room, playing Wedding Crashers. I watched the rest of the movie, trying to laugh and think of the sleepwalking as a funny story to tell my brother. When I went upstairs to go to sleep in the guest room, I stayed asleep. That was night one.

The next morning, in the light of day, it didn’t seem that scary. I texted my brother about it and joked around. All day I wasn’t bothered one bit. But as I’m walking out of my office to my car, I’m overcome with this sense of dread. All of a sudden, the thought of going to sleep in that house — and maybe sleepwalking again — is scaring me. So I had a plan. I stop at the hardware store and pick up one of those rubber door-stopper wedges. At the house, I jam this into the crack under the basement door, and kick it in until it’s as far as it can go. I test out trying to open the door, and it won’t budge. Perfect.

Later, I go upstairs and fall asleep. When I wake up, I swear to god I think I’m dreaming. I was standing in darkness again, but this time I know exactly where I am. The smell is the same. The concrete floor under my feet is the same. I look around for the light from upstairs, and it take me longer to find it because it’s farther away. Last night I was only a couple of feet from the stairs, this night it was maybe ten feet. I run up and turn on the kitchen lights. I see the rubber wedge on on the floor, a couple of feet away, as if tossed there. Again, I can’t stop picturing myself sleepwalking. Out of the bedroom, down the stairs, trying to open the basement door. Bending down and yanking out the wedge. And then, again, slowly down into the darkness.

I decided I was turning on the basement lights and they were staying on. I opened the door and flipped the switch to the basement stairway. I saw there was a main switch at the bottom of the stairs. To give you a quick sense of the layout, the staircase splits the basement into two parts. To the right is a small area with the washer/dryer, and to the left is the a big open area.

Anyway, I walked down and turned on the lights for the whole basement. That’s when I noticed something I hadn’t noticed when my brother gave me the tour. About 10-15 feet away, in the big area, there was a door to what looked like a small closet. This door was closed, but had no doorknob (just an empty hole), so it looked like it would freely swing open. I realized it was very close to where I had just awoken. Then a fucking freaky thought came to me: it was as if each night I was heading to the door, and getting a little farther each time before I woke up. As soon as that thought popped into my head, I booked it up the stairs again, left the lights on, and closed the door. I went up to the bedroom, but it took me forever to fall asleep. That was night two.

The next morning, Wednesday morning, I woke up late for work. I didn’t think about the basement at all because I was scrambling to get ready. At work though, I was still curious about what was behind the door, so I texted my brother and asked. He replied “wait … why were you in the basement?” I realized that when I texted him the day before, I never actually told him where I woke up. So I tell him I woke up in the basement, actually twice in a row.

After a while, he sends this novel-length text. About how the basement is creepy, not to go down there, etc. How they tried putting the litter boxes in the basement and the cats made a mess in the house because they refused to go down. How he volunteers to do every chore other than the laundry so he doesn’t have to go down there. He says all this stuff, and it’s surprising to me, because my brother never believed in the paranormal or superstitions, ever since we were kids. I also realize he never answered my question about the door, but I let it go.

After work, I get the same feeling of dread as I’m walking to my car. I really don’t want to stay there again, and I decide: fuck it, I don’t have to. So I go feed the cats, get my stuff, and drive back to my place. I’m supposed to feed the cats one more time, so I’ll stop over in the morning. As I went to sleep at my apartment, I was thinking of all the steps I would have to take to sleepwalk to the basement again—find my car parked around the block, drive asleep to my brother’s house, etc. But this time, I sleep through the night. That was night three.

Thursday morning, I stop at the house as planned. I’m about to leave when I remember that the basement lights are still on. I don’t even hesitate to go down to turn them off. There was something about being there in the morning that, at the time, made it seem fine. When I go down, again that door without a doorknob catches my eye, and it also doesn’t seem scary anymore. So, what the hell, let’s see. I walk over to it and I distinctly remember not feeling spooked at all. Until—I reach my hand toward the doorknob hole to pull it open. As soon as I do that, and I mean instantly, I feel this electric feeling, like the air before a storm, and I imagine a hand coming through that hole and grabbing mine. It was like 0 to 60, going from no fear to being certain that something horrible would happen if I opened that door. It’s hard to describe it other than that electric feeling. I booked it up the stairs and out of the house.

So, a month later, I meet my brother for happy hour. A few drinks in, we start joking about me sleepwalking and the creepy basement. I say he never answered me about what’s behind the door, and he says I don’t want to know. Joking at first, but then insisting. Finally he tells me, and I don’t believe him. He’s my big brother and has only bullshitted me about a million times in my life.

This was his explanation: the previous (and first) owners of the house had a teen daughter that used the basement as her bedroom. The door was to her closet, where one night she curled up, took some pills and killed herself. The family was going to remodel the basement, but after tearing it apart realized they couldn’t do it and had to move. That was why only the basement was unfinished, and why my brother was able to afford the place—the seller had to disclose a suicide happened in the residence. He said if I didn’t believe him, to look up the market values of the identical houses in his track (I know how much they paid for their house and it was way lower). He and his wife considered themselves rational people and figured it was a bargain, but didn’t want to tell anyone. After they moved in, his wife was fine with the basement, but he grew to hate it. He apologized for not saying anything to me before I stayed there, but he never thought I’d have any reason to go down there.

Now here’s what that convinced me. I said “Okay, the only thing that makes me kind of believe you is that the last morning I was there, I went over to the closet door”—and at this point, I see my brother’s face change—and I continued: “when I went to open it, the air felt like–” and at the same instant, I say “electricity” and my brother says “electric.” At the same exact time. I saw his face and knew he was telling the truth.

I’ve never stepped foot again in that basement, and I haven’t sleepwalked since. – Orange_Kid

28. The Knife

This isn’t a story about ghostly figures or haunted houses or whatever. It’s about living in a place for 10 years and feeling that place abruptly turn on you. Places have feels to them, the country around you has it’s own feel that you get used to.

I used to live on an old Southern plantation turned horse farm. It was over 1,000 acres of mostly woods or pastures. One day I was walking/exploring with my dogs down one of the horse trails in the woods about 20 minutes away from the house and decided to randomly go off trail.

Like, 90 degree turn, climb down into a spring, then up under an ancient barbwire fence and wander along for a while until I found two large limestone caves directly across from each other. Both entrances were blocked by a bunch of rocks haphazardly stacked on top of each other. But they weren’t entirely blocked.

I really wanted to go inside but common sense told me I didn’t have a phone, nobody knew where the fuck I was, what if a snake bit me or I broke a leg on the rocks, etc. So I just looked around the caves and found this awesome as fuck old knife that looked like someone had carved it from a deer horn.

As soon as I picked up the knife, it was like the woods changed. If you’ve ever lived out in the country for a long time in the same place, you get a feel for it. My dogs got closer and clung to me. I felt distinctly unwelcome. I put down the knife but that horrible feeling kept up until I was totally out of the woods and almost home again.

I never felt comfortable alone in those woods after that. It was like one moment I’m happy and exploring, the next I’m being watched by someone who very much hates my guts. I’m sure it could be explained as nerves or whatever, but I looked for the caves later but never found them, despite knowing exactly where I left the trail.

I know that feeling of connection with a land. I used to be able to wake up and go outside and know immediately if something was wrong–a sick horse, a loose horse, people hunting on our land, etc. Nothing I can explain, just a feeling. Whatever I felt when I picked up that knife, it was really, really hostile. That’s probably my most unexplained experience. – emptysee
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Don't Blink » 07 Mar 17, 10:08 pm

:eek: :lmao:
Don't Blink

Postby mugley » 22 Mar 17, 1:18 am

29 PEOPLE REVEAL THE CREEPIEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO THEM AS KIDS

1. Frozen, I watched as the doll’s open mouth slowly shut.

“When I was little, I had one of those Minnie Mouse plushes, with the cute costume and the big open-mouthed grin. I even had a studio portrait taken with it that turned out beautifully. Well, I woke up one morning, and was just lying in my bed, looking over the edge of my bed at my toys scattered on the ground. All of a sudden, as I was looking at my Minnie doll, it started … talking. It made almost a hissing noise, then it started whispering my name. Frozen, I watched as the doll’s open mouth slowly shut. I ran out of the room as fast as my little feet would carry me. My parents dismissed it as my imagination. Until I showed them the doll’s permanently closed mouth. We went back and looked at the studio portrait. That doll’s mouth had been open. It would not come apart now no matter how hard we pulled. I don’t know what happened. Maybe I’ll never know. But I didn’t touch that doll again. It wasn’t as friendly looking with a closed mouth.”

2. I realized it wasn’t a rock … it was a thumb.

“I remember playing in my grandparent’s backyard when I was like six. My grandfather was tending to his garden and I was picking up rocks. One of the rocks I picked up looked weird. I realized it wasn’t a rock … it was a thumb. A severed thumb. No blood but it was hard and pale. I freaked out and threw it. Then ran to my grandfather. He searched the area I told him I tossed it but nothing. I swear I know what I saw. Really put off by rock collecting after that.”

3. She was so white under the bright and full moon, but she was so still even her wavy hair was not moving in the wind.

“When I was about five or six, me and my brother were playing and giggling and suddenly, I don’t know what came over me I peeped through a hole in the wall and I saw a woman outside. She’s so white under the bright and full moon, but she was so still even her wavy hair is not moving from the wind. I thought she was my cousin so I called her attention. I blinked and she was facing me instantly, I didn’t see her move. She’s really pretty but the fact that she’s not blinking and her eyeballs not moving scared me. I could never sleep alone again.”

4. A shadow woman would walk the halls at night.

“From five-six years old, I would see a shadow figure (perfect human woman shape) walk the walls in the night, back and forth. It really creeped me out that I would just put the covers over my head. I was an only child and my parents were in their bedroom. It was when I was still wide-awake way before I got sleepy. So creepy.”
RELATED: The Creepy Backstories To Your 10 Favorite Nursery Rhymes
5. I was dreaming about cousins in car crashes or a friend’s older sister cutting herself and it all happened within a week or two.

“When I was little, I would have dreams that came true. I’d dream of someone coming for dinner and then there would be a surprise guest the next day. Stuff like that. Then when I was about five or six it started to get dark. I was dreaming about cousins in car crashes or a friend’s older sister cutting herself and it all happened within a week or two. It started to freak me out so decided to tell my parents. At first, they tried to calm me down but then they started noticing it and getting freaked out, which only scared me even more. And then one day I stopped dreaming. I haven’t had a dream, prophetic or otherwise, since and honestly it kind of scares me to think about.”

6. There was a white pale hand waving at me from behind the closet.

“I was like nine years old. I was sleeping in my parents’ bed. At that point I think it was a Saturday morning and my dad had gone bike riding with his friends real early and I woke up and got in bed with my mom. I was having a bad dream and I woke up and looked around and went to go pee, when I got back into the bed there was a white pale hand waving at me from behind the closet. I thought I was dreaming but I was so shocked I couldn’t do anything. I kind of put it in the back of my mind until a year later my older cousin said she had seen a hand waving at her behind her mirror when I was at her house. It made me realize I really experienced that and didn’t imagine it.”

7. It started swimming towards me with a kind of serpentine motion.

“I was about eight or nine when this happened. My family had a boat that we trailered back and forth from Lake Hopatcong in N.J. We were coming in from a day on the lake and it was already dark. I was obsessed with fishing at that age and the dock was a great spot to fish so as my family was getting the boat hitched to the trailer I decided to throw some casts out. I noticed some activity in the water about 30 yards from where I was standing which was about 60 feet from the boat ramp my family was hitching the boat at. I threw my line towards what I thought was fish feeding/jumping and whatever was causing the activity turned towards where I was and started swimming towards me with a kind of serpentine motion. It was too dark to make out any distinctive features except a large head. I noped the fuck out … dropped my fishing pole and ran. No one believed me at the time but 20 years later and my story hasn’t changed and I still wonder WTF that thing was.”

8. An old lady used to come and read me stories when I was in bed every night.

“When I was around five or six I told my mom an old lady used to come and read me stories when I was in bed every night, according to our next door neighbor the lady I had described died a few years before we moved into the house.”

9. This blinding white light flashed twice.

“I was eight years old and my cousin was turning eight the next month. This occurred in early August. To add some context to this event, my family owns land. A few of my uncles built their houses on their property including my dad. My dad’s house and my uncles’ house are about 130 meters apart and in the evening the farm lights light up the dirt path between their houses.

The event; I remember this evening so clearly, it was a warm evening, the sun had just set, the evening was calm, no wind or inclement weather. My cousin and I are walking back to my dad’s house, we’re talking and as we come about 50 meters close to my dad’s house, this blinding white light flashed twice, we both just stood there. We were both silent, standing there. We both looked at each other and said, ‘Did that just happen?”‘ we both freaked out and ran the rest of the 50 meters back to my house.

We, both very excited by this event told my parents and his dad what happened outside but nobody witnessed this, as the curtains were closed inside. None of the adults believed us! They said nothing just kind of acknowledged us and continued visiting.

The light wasn’t accompanied with thunder because it wasn’t lightning. The light was blinding, the acreage is located in the prairies. I don’t know if there is any logical explanation for this event but ever since then I have always believed that maybe, just maybe it was aliens or some astronomical event.

I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous to some people but my cousin and I don’t try to convince other people what we experienced, because we both know what we experienced.”

10. She heard an unknown man’s voice say, ‘Your legs look so beautiful in those red shoes. Beautiful baby, too.’

“This is just a scary story—and it happened to my mom in the late 70s. She was a 34-year-old newly divorced mom of three small kids. She had gone downtown to do a little shopping with me, the baby. We hadn’t lived in that city for very long, maybe a year. My mom was very attractive, confident, well-dressed. She had just come home, and the phone was ringing. When she picked it up, she heard an unknown man’s voice say, ‘Your legs look so beautiful in those red shoes. Beautiful baby, too.’ She hung up the phone. It was incredibly scary because she was in fact wearing red shoes and had no male friends. One phone call, and no other. She nervously told me the story when I was a young adult—after all that time she never knew who the caller was and she never wore the shoes again. Sadly, she had a number of creepy things happen to her throughout her life.”

11. My mum put me to bed in my room, but I woke up downstairs.

“My mum put me to bed in my room, but I woke up downstairs.

I thought it was a dream but some man picked me up when I was almost asleep, carried me downstairs and put me down on some blankets between a sofa and chair. I was quite young so my parents still had a safety gate.

My dad wasn’t in (worked nights then) and my mum was asleep so no one knows how I managed to get downstairs.

I can still remember this now, strangely.”

12. The window would be on a different wall, the dresser would be somewhere else, and the beds were moved.

“At my family’s summer home there was this one bedroom that my cousin and I would share. I remember waking up countless times and shit wouldn’t be where it was supposed to be. The window would be on a different wall, the dresser would be somewhere else, and the beds were moved. It was always scary as hell but in the morning everything would be as it was supposed to so I didn’t ever tell anyone. I avoided staying in that room as often as possible. Fifteen years later, my cousin brought it up and said she had the same experience in there. It was probably just our minds playing tricks on us, but neither of us will stay in that room to this day. I have no issues putting my guests in there, though.”

13. I know I was there, even if they say I wasn’t.

“When I was two-three years old my family lived in Lithuania. Throughout all my life I’ve been sure that my whole family (my pregnant mom, my father and myself) visited the Hill of Crosses near Siauliai. I could distinctly remember the sensations of the ground as I was climbing up the steps and had vivid images of the center cross. But I never knew what this place was called. A couple weeks ago I Googled it and asked my mother if she remembers our trip to this place. She surprisingly answered that it was only her and my father there and I was staying with my grandma then. I’m sure they never showed any photos to me as this is a sacred place to many people rather than a tourist site to show to a small child. But I know I was there.”

14. When I looked up, I saw my grandpa’s ghost.

“I was young, maybe 8. Just so you know, I always go to sleep in my bed and I’d never, ever fall asleep on the couch. My grandpa died and we got back from his funeral. That night I went to bed, in my room as usual, but I woke up in the middle of the night on the living-room couch. When I looked up, I saw my grandpa’s ghost. It wasn’t scary or anything; at the time it felt natural. He didn’t say anything but there was this understanding between us. I went back to my room and went back to sleep.

I would’ve assumed it was a dream but it was so vivid and real that it stuck with me for years (especially since I woke up on the couch, which made the moment stick out even more in my mind). It wasn’t even an ‘I saw a ghost!’ moment … it was just a weird vivid memory that seemed so normal at the time that I didn’t think anything strange of it. When I was about 20 I told my mom that story and she said, ‘Was it the day of his funeral? Because I saw his ghost that night, too.’ That fucked my shit up.”

15. I felt my covers being tucked in underneath my body.

“When I was 10, I was lying in bed trying to sleep when I felt my covers being tucked in underneath my body. I literally jumped out of bed and flipped on the light. No one was there.”

16. I remember a man and a woman in a car driving down our private road. They stopped and called us over.

“When I was about four and my brother was around two we were playing outside in the front yard. We had a sprinkler so me and my brother were running around in it. I guess my mom was busy or taking a nap because she didn’t come outside while we were out there. I remember a man and a woman in a car driving down our private road. They stopped and called us over. I remember them taking a few pictures and laughing and asking where our parents were. At this point my little brother had decided to take off his trunks and was running around naked. They kept taking pictures and told us to be safe and left. I remember when I told my parents they were so mad and I thought I had done something wrong. Looking back now I’m surprised we didn’t get kidnapped or something. I wish I could remember more details but it was over 16 years ago.

17. There was a one-by-one foot glowing orb of light floating about three to four feet from the floor illuminating the dark room.

“Was about five or six. One night my parents and I were watching TV in the living room of our ranch-style house in the suburbs in the Midwest. A light coming from the hallway got our attention. In the bedroom at the end of the hall there was a one-by-one foot glowing orb of light floating about three to four feet from the floor illuminating the dark room.

The orb seemed to realize it was being observed and moved very quickly, and before we knew it the orb was outside like it had passed through the wall or windows. It then very quickly went around the house jumping or passing through two six-foot fences in a matter of seconds. We saw it do this through the windows and our dog started freaking out.

My dad freaks out and grabs his revolver and a flashlight and storms outside. It had rained recently and there was mud outside but no evidence of footprints or anything to rationally explain it.

While the event is family legend now my mom thought it was a ghost or spirit, my dad thought it was aliens, and quite frankly I have no idea. I lean towards ball of lightning but it seemed to have at least some level of intelligence and seemed to make deliberate, not random movements.”

18. Every so often I’d find a few small things rotated slightly.

“I bought a few small things from an estate sale once when I was nine or so and I swear I would find them rotated slightly (30°–45°) every now and again.”

19. I used to regularly see ‘figures’—most often clowns in my bedroom whilst my eyes were closed.

“I used to regularly see ‘figures’—most often clowns in my bedroom whilst my eyes were closed. I would ‘see’ the room, but the clowns were there and got bigger and bigger until their size overwhelmed me. I’d guess twice a week this happened when I was about nine.”

20. There was a HUGE SQUID in the toilet.

“I grew up on the central coast of California, and my family would frequently visit Big Sur for camping, hiking, or just hanging out and having lunch at one of the restaurants.

I must have been about 11. Old enough to visit the bathroom independently, but still rather new to the freedom of walking around somewhere that wasn’t my neighborhood or the woods alone. I went into the bathroom at a restaurant called the River Inn, and there were three stalls—one handicapped, and two regular. All but one of the stalls, (a regular one), were taken.

I distinctly remember looking under the doors for feet, because I was a little kid, and for whatever reason preferred the handicapped stall. I saw no feet, but the doors were locked. Whatever. I went into the one open stall.

There was a HUGE FUCKING SQUID in the toilet. Like, the body had to be at least a foot long, plus tentacles, coiled around the inside of the toilet bowl. It totally filled the available space. Cloudy dead squid eyes, gazing up at me from the pooper.

I ran out of the bathroom in horror, told nobody, and held my pee for the 45-minute drive home.

What the fuck was that squid doing there?? All I can surmise is it was a line cook prank, in an area that ubiquitously has squid on the menu.

Twenty-five years later, that terror toilet squid still haunts me.”

21. It looked like a dog, but it was kind of deformed.

“Walking to the school bus one day with my little brother when this animal walks over to us from the neighbor’s yard. It looked like a dog, but it was kind of deformed. No collar or anything like that. And it was totally silent. It stopped and looked at us with the most human-like stare. We backed away and took a different route to our stop.

Texted my bro about this a couple weeks ago and he also remembers this and how creepy it was and how odd the ‘dog’ was acting. This would have been around 10 years ago or so.”

22. One night, I wake up to tapping at the window. A man is standing there …

“When I was young, younger than 7, I’d sleep in my brother’s bed when I got scared. One night, I wake up to tapping at the window. A man is standing there, with a shaved head except a pony tail. He had a tattooed face and just stood there, staring at me. I shook my brother, half asleep, look away and when I look back to the window, he’s gone and my brother is pissed I woke him.”

23. I watched, wide-eyed and frozen in fear as a man I’d never seen looked straight at me through my window.

“I was a weird kid and slept with my bedroom lights on all night long. So from the outside I guess my second-floor bedroom was lit up like a display case. I wasn’t scared of the dark, just preferred it that way. One night I awoke to a metal scraping sound outside, like something heavy being dragged. I heard a hard ‘thunking’ noise against the wall outside my window and then someone climbing up a ladder. I watched, wide-eyed and frozen in fear as a man I’d never seen looked straight at me through my window. Our eyes met and we just looked at each other for a moment. Then I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, but I was really squinting and watching him. He just stared at me for a few minutes, then I saw a bright camera flash. He climbed back down the ladder and dragged it away. I never saw him again.

A year or two later I was on a road trip with my dad. I think we were in San Diego, a few states away from home. We were staying high up in a hotel room with a balcony on probably the 20th floor or so. My dad and I had our own beds, mine was nearest the balcony. At some point during the night a bright flash woke me up, so I opened my eyes and sat up in bed and looked out. Didn’t see anything. Then another flash hit me full-on and that’s when I saw the outline of a person holding something (a camera, apparently) duck down beyond the edge of the balcony to somewhere below. Again I was frozen in fear, laid awake most of the night just terrified and staring out at the balcony.

Never told anyone and nothing like that ever happened again. But after the second time I had very vivid recurring nightmares about being abducted and forced into a child sex ring and never seeing my family again … which in itself is really fucked up since I must have been eight years old at the time, was never abused and generally had a great childhood. How did I even know that child sex rings were a thing? But I had these dreams, sometimes every week, of being forced to have sex with other children while men watched and recorded us. I don’t think my little kid brain even knew how awful that was at the time, the most terrifying thing was that these dreams were only hours long but they seemed to last for weeks or months at a time and I could remember the other kids’ names and faces and everything.”

24. Dear god, that face …

“I was young, five-seven, somewhere in there. I was sleeping in between my parents for whatever reason. I woke up, I remember the clock reading around 4:00 a.m. There was something standing by the window, looking out into the front yard. It looked like a man in a brown wool robe, about 6’4″ or so.

I started to stir and sat up in bed, and the thing turned and looked at me. Dear god, that face. Extremely pale white skin, lots of really pronounced wrinkles, and the face drooped like it was melting, down into a really pointy chin, almost similar to a Scream mask but with all of the features of a living being. Its mouth was hanging open and its eyes were wide, almost like it was worried or frightened.

It kept its gaze on me while it moved away from the window, in front of the bed, and out the open bedroom door. The second it exited the room, the lights turned on by their own and both of my parents jumped up on either side of me, breathing heavily like they’d both just woken up from a nightmare.

To be clear, I was fully able to move during this, I don’t think it was sleep paralysis, but I’m not sure what it could have been other than some kind of demon or really fucking ugly ghost. I’ve never seen it since, but I can still picture it clear as day.”

25. I just saw the dark shape of a man.

“One time when I was about eight, I woke up to ‘someone’ leaning over my bed. It was dark so I didn’t really get a good look at whatever it was, I just saw the dark shape of a man. I kind of gasped in surprise, and ‘he’ jumped and quickly walked out of my room. I thought it might be my dad but the way ‘he’ reacted didn’t seem right. I yelled for him and he came after a minute, he looked around the house but there was no one and no sign of anyone breaking in. I guess it was my imagination or something, it never happened again but I was freaked out for a long time after. I’ve had sleep paralysis but this was something different.”

26. As I was staring into the darkness of the closet, I felt someone push me on my shoulders.

“The one that’s sticks out was when I was like three or four. For some reason I woke, went to my sister’s room and opened her closet. I remember staring into what at the time looked like this giant dark closet. As I was staring into the darkness of the closet, I felt someone push me on my shoulders and I fell on my butt. I wasn’t scared. I was more confused. After that I somehow unlocked the door walked a couple blocks to a busy street and a cop asked me where I live. The weird thing is that when I got older and I brought it up, my mom said that was creepy because my sister didn’t like sleeping in that room because she said she would see a man in the closet.”

27. There was a patch on the wall that would softly ‘glow’ in the dark.

“In my bedroom growing up, there was a patch on the wall that would softly ‘glow’ in the dark. It was so faint that it would disappear when I looked directly at it or got too close. It looked like there was a break in the curtains, but after I stood in front of it, I ruled this to be impossible. There were some nights it didn’t glow at all …”

28. Two red glowing orb things emerged … I’d say they were eyes, but I can’t be sure.

“The first incident was on a weekend; my Dad and I were sitting in the living room watching NASCAR, and during a commercial break he asked me to get him a beer. Unfortunately for me he kept his beer down in the basement in this little mini-fridge, and I was already kind of scared of going down there. Not wanting to upset him by telling him no, I went for it anyway. Before I even made it to the steps I was already getting that feeling that I shouldn’t go any further, and that I should immediately turn right around, but I kept going on. As I got to the basement steps that fear continued to grow and grow. You know that feeling you get when you can just tell that someone is staring at you? Like a fifth sense, your spine gets kind of tingly and you have this overwhelming feeling to look at in the direction, that’s what I was experiencing tenfold. When I finally reached the bottom of the steps I was almost completely paralyzed with fear, I slowly turned my head to the left towards where the open/dirt area was and said ‘Hello?’. As soon as I said that two red glowing orb things emerged from that dark part, I’d say they were eyes, but I can’t be for sure. I didn’t study them long enough before I ran up the steps as fast as I could.

My Dad must have heard my running and met me in the hallway, and asked what was going on. I told him about what I saw, and he immediately headed down there. I think he might of thought it was an animal or something, but after a few minutes he emerged with a beer in hand and telling me it was nothing.
The second event took place a year, maybe a year and a half later. It was during the summer, and my family and I were outside (Dad, Mom, younger brother, and myself). I had to use the bathroom and headed inside using the front door, as I had refused to use the side door since that previous event. When I went to go back outside though I had the thought I’d try and be brave, and face my fear. I headed towards the side door, sat at the top of the basement steps, and waited.

It didn’t take long for me to get those same feelings all over again—I shouldn’t be there, something was watching me, I needed to leave immediately. I was truly tired of the fear though, I wanted to be brave and face whatever threat was down there, so I stayed. It didn’t take long for me to run though, because as soon as I had made that determination I saw a shadow paint across the wall opposite of the handrail. It was human, looked male, seemed extremely large. No real fine details, again not enough time as I immediately bolted out the door.

I told my Dad about it, this time he seemed a bit more concerned. I didn’t follow him into the house, but I did hear him racking his gun before he descended down. Just like last time though, he emerged, nothing to be found.”

29. The never-ending rosebush.

“My family lives in a super rural part of east Tennessee, and we have a family homestead that’s been passed down for generations called the Turley House. Legend in the family has it that it was a civil war hospital, which I can totally see because it’s absolutely ancient and creepy. We also have a legend in the family that we’re all haunted by a demon/spirit/god-knows-what called Wool Eyes. He’s so prominent in our family’s history that he’s just a fact of life at this point, so it’s not unusual to hear somebody say something like, ‘Oh look, Wool Eyes is at it again. He must be upset.’

One of the creepy experiences I had growing up here is the never-ending rosebush. There were two rosebushes on the corner of the house that weren’t very big. I have some distinct memories of playing around them and getting absolutely batshit lost in the rosebushes, running in circles for hours and hours at a time. It was sort of like that scene in Spirited Away when Chihiro and Haku are running through the flower hedges. Eventually I would find my way out, but it would be hours later and my mom would be hella angry that I was gone for so long. I never really thought much of it because kid logic, but I asked my mom about it years later and she said that all the kids in the family have stories about getting lost in the same spot. Everybody always blamed it on Wool Eyes, saying he was just having fun messing around. Wish I could go back and explore the house some. It’s got some crazy stories through the years.
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Jack Flash » 22 Mar 17, 10:13 am

Gonna need to save these for Halloween :lmao:
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby mugley » 25 Mar 17, 4:43 pm

Since the late 90s, black-eyed children have been an essential component of paranormal folklore. Many enthusiasts believe it all began in 1998, when Texas reporter Brian Bethel wrote about two encounters with bizarre children who had eyes that were completely black. Since then, tales of these mysterious and creepy children have been the fodder of many a creepypasta story. These children, who vary in age from young adolescence to late teens, are believed to possess otherworldly abilities. There are several theories as to what black eyed children really are, ranging from extraterrestrial beings to blood sucking vampires. They are most commonly spotted hitchhiking along lesser-used roads, or pan handling on doorsteps.

No matter who or what these bizarre children are, their creepiness is undeniable. Here are six terrifying encounters with black-eyed children to prove just how scary these youngsters can be.

1. Children in the Snow

In January 2016, a woman in Vermont made the tragic mistake of letting two black-eyed children into her home. A blizzard was raging outside when she heard a faint knocking on her front door. A boy and a girl stood there, shivering, begging to use her phone. Unnerved by their presence, the woman nevertheless let them in and went to retrieve her phone. After the children walked into the light of the family room, the woman realized their eyes were completely black. As she stared at them in horror, her husband’s nose began to bleed at the same time that the power suddenly went out. After what felt like an eternity, the children spoke in unison, saying their parents had arrived. The woman watched as the two quietly left her house and entered a nondescript black car with a man in a suit. Not long after the strange encounter, the woman’s husband was diagnosed with severe skin cancer. The woman began to suffer from regular nosebleeds and an onslaught of other medical issues. She’s convinced her failing health, along with her husband’s, is the result of the black-eyed children she unwittingly let into their home.

2. All Work and No Play

In 2010, a man, known as Noetic encountered two-black eyed teenagers outside his place of work. It was an ordinary July night in Ohio, and Noetic was in the middle of a night shift. Craving a cigarette, Noetic stepped outside the building and noticed two teenaged boys across the street. As he smoked, he realized that the boys were staring at him. Weary, Noetic returned to the safety of his cubicle and tried to refocus on his work—only to see, through the security cameras, that the boys had appeared in front of his building, motioning for him to come outside. Fed up, Noetic went to the door, contemplating whether or not he should call the police. As if they had read his mind, the boys insisted that such an action was unnecessary: all they needed was to use a phone. Noetic refused. He watched in horror as one of the boys continued to stare up at the security camera, while the other ventured to the back of the building, watching the cameras as though they could see what Noetic was doing. With frayed nerves, Noetic contacted the police, watching the teenagers on the video feed the entire time. When the officer arrived on the scene, he could not locate the teenagers anywhere, despite the fact that Noetic never tore his eyes away from the video feed.

3. The Boy by the Truck

On March 17, 2008, a 12-year-old boy had a bone-chilling experience in an outlet parking lot. While waiting, in his mother’s truck, for his mother to finish getting a haircut, he saw a boy walking across the parking lot. Thinking it was a friend from school, the boy banged on the window until the other boy turned. Realizing it was not his friend, the boy in the truck watched in confusion as the strange kid walked up and stared through the window. The boy caught one glance at the other boy’s solid black eyes and knew he was staring into the face of evil. “You must let me in,” the black-eyed boy demanded. Panicked, the boy in the car crouched under the glove compartment. After several minutes, the black-eyed boy finally disappeared. When the boy’s mother returned to the truck, she informed her son that the black-eyed child had come into the salon, demanding the keys to her vehicle. Thankfully, the boy’s mother did not give in.

4. Bumps in the Night

One night a man was dozing in the spare bed in his infant daughter’s room when he heard a strange bump outside his house. Initially the man thought nothing of it, believing it to be the family cat. But the thumps continued. The man checked the porch but the cat was nowhere to be found. He then walked into the kitchen and found two figures loitering outside his front door. They knocked on the door. Both were boys, around 10 or 11, and gave off a pungent, moldy odor. “May we use your telegraph?” one of the boys said, looking up at the man. To his horror, the man realized both boys had eyes that were completely black. Ignoring the odd remark about a “telegraph,” the man told the boy he didn’t have service in his house, and shut the door. As the man slowly made his way back to his daughter’s room, the two boys thumped on the walls. The man clutched his daughter to his chest as the boys incessantly knocked against the window. Their eerie eyes and awful persistence made the man too scared to fall asleep. He remained crouched on the floor of the room for several hours, fighting to ignore the knocks that occurred every couple of minutes. The moment his wife’s alarm clock went off, however, the knocking ceased, and the black-eyed children were nowhere to be seen.

5. Treats and Tricks

One October day, a man was walking up to his front door when he realized that his neighbor hadn’t set out his typical array of Halloween decorations. He spotted his neighbor, and asked him about it. The neighbor informed him that a terrifying experience the year prior deterred him from participating in Halloween that year. It was around midnight, the neighbor recounted, when he heard a knock on his door. Thinking it was a band of late night trick or treaters, the man grabbed a bowl of candy and shuffled to the door. He swung the door open and was about to greet the two male teens when his body became rigid with fear. Both boys had pitch black eyes, void of any white around their irises. One of the boys asked to come in and use the phone. Luckily, as he was overwhelmed with dread, the man refused.

6. Cryptic Beauty

One evening, a recluse living in British Columbia decided to see a scary flick at the local movie theater. Already on edge because of the film, he leapt from his chair when he heard a knock on his door later that night. With each step he took towards the door, the man felt a sense of dread flood down his spine. Nevertheless, something compelled him to open the door. Standing on the front porch was a beautiful teenaged girl. The man guessed she was around six feet tall, and she had beautiful blonde hair. “May I enter the premises?” the girl asked, looking up at the man with solid black eyes. Horrified by what he saw, the man screamed and slammed the door in her face. He marched to his bedroom, pulled out a gun, and sat in a chair in the corner until morning. Hours later, the man went to retrieve his mail. The black-eyed teen was nowhere to be found, but the word “soon” was etched into his front door.
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby mugley » 24 Apr 17, 1:33 am

13 HORROR STORIES FOR SUPER-SHORT ATTENTION SPANS

Do you think you could tell a horror story using only two sentences?

Well, that’s exactly what these 13 folks did. It’s harder than you might think. Even with all the comma-conjunctions you can possibly muster, it still has to grab the reader and feel whole.

Give these a read and maybe try your hand in the comments section after.

1. Selfie …

There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping.

I live alone.

2. Safety at Last

Carol never wore her safety goggles.

Now she doesn’t need to.

3. Pop!

They delivered the mannequins in bubble wrap.

From the main room … I begin to hear popping.

4. Cradle

After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child.

I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.

5. Higher Up

The grinning face stared at me from the darkness beyond my bedroom window.

I live on the 14th floor.

6. Empty Frames

Sleep did not come to me easily that night in the cabin in the woods; for the portraits on the wall only portrayed the deformed, the decrepit and the damned.

Sleep has never come easily to me ever again, for when I had woke I found no portraits, only windows.

7. 12:07

The last thing I saw was my alarm clock flashing 12:07 before she pushed her long rotting nails through my chest, her other hand muffling my screams.

I sat bolt-upright, relieved it was only a dream, but as I saw my alarm clock read 12:06, I heard my closet door creak open …

8. Denial

My sister says that mommy killed her.

Mommy says that I don’t have a sister.

9. Mom?

You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen.

As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying “Don’t go down there honey, I heard it too.”

10. Double Check

I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.”

I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy, there’s somebody on my bed.”

11. Ceiling

When I finally grabbed her in the darkness, I swam back to the surface.

It never occurred to me how fast the ice could freeze over.

12. Shhhh….

My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night.

I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.

13. Buffalo Billionaire

The longer I wore it the more it grew on me.

She had such pretty skin.
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Return to Create your own Topic