Women shun tradition for good life

Strange Weird and Funny news

Women shun tradition for good life

Postby Angie G » 06 Nov 04, 12:06 am

A new breed of hedonistic, thrill-seeking women are shunning men and families for the good things in life - according to new research.

Dubbed "contrasexuals", there are around two million in Britain - and the numbers are rising.

The study by The Consumer Analysis Group for Standard Life Bank said contrasexuals were working women who shunned the traditional support structure provided by a husband and family.

They prefer a life full of adventure and will have at least three careers.

Those who do decide to have children will do so only when they have achieved everything they want out of life.

Growing numbers of women buying property alone also resulted in many using the equity in their homes to follow their dreams, such as travelling, setting up a business venture or moving abroad.

Andrew Boddie, head of marketing at Standard Life Bank, said: "This new breed of women, seeking adventure and new experiences, own houses in which they have built up equity.

"They understand that their property, and mortgage, can help them to fund their chosen lifestyle."
Angie G

Postby Dixie » 06 Nov 04, 5:08 pm

..or just haven't found the right person
Dixie

Postby pepsi » 06 Nov 04, 7:55 pm

I think they have their lives sorted.
I've just bought my own house after separating from my husband. I'm loving the independance and am in no hurry to settle down with anyone anytime soon.
pepsi

Postby Dixie » 06 Nov 04, 9:47 pm

I agree - but I would like to have a child or two before I get too old to have children
Dixie

Return to In the News