The Free-Speech Conundrum

Strange Weird and Funny news

The Free-Speech Conundrum

Postby Jack Flash » 02 Apr 17, 11:24 am

Sexual paranoia on campus – and the professor at the eye of the storm - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -interview

She hesitates. “But you do end up making strange bedfellows. The people supporting free speech now are the conservatives. It’s incomprehensible to me, but it’s the so-called liberals on campus, the students who think of themselves as activists, who are becoming increasingly authoritarian. So I’m trying to step carefully. It’s not like you want to make certain allies, particularly the men’s rights people.”

While the article is about sexual paranoia on campus it Highlights another issue the issue of free speech and whether or not people should be protected from ideas that are different or considered offensive by some. My personal opinion is that this is how cults began. Students should be taught to evaluate the different ideas to which they are exposed, and how to use research tools to find out whether or not the information they are receiving is accurate.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Re: The Free-Speech Conundrum

Postby 420onthedot » 02 Apr 17, 1:34 pm

Crazy isn't it
Handle life like a dog... eat it , screw it, or just piss on it and walk away
420onthedot

Re: The Free-Speech Conundrum

Postby mugley » 02 Apr 17, 9:13 pm

I don't know about sexual paranoia on campus being attacked unless its when you think some of this crap is just too weird and say so but I know its not hard to find articles about liberals protesting/rioting against a conservative speaker being on campus
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Return to In the News