Liberals and Conservatives have a lot in common

Strange Weird and Funny news

Liberals and Conservatives have a lot in common

Postby Jack Flash » 17 Sep 17, 1:26 pm

Liberals and Conservatives Are Similarly Motivated to Deny Attitude-Inconsistent Science - http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... Code=sppa&

We tested whether conservatives and liberals are similarly or differentially likely to deny scientific claims that conflict with their preferred conclusions. Participants were randomly assigned to read about a study with correct results that were either consistent or inconsistent with their attitude about one of several issues (e.g., carbon emissions). Participants were asked to interpret numerical results and decide what the study concluded. After being informed of the correct interpretation, participants rated how much they agreed with, found knowledgeable, and trusted the researchers’ correct interpretation. Both liberals and conservatives engaged in motivated interpretation of study results and denied the correct interpretation of those results when that interpretation conflicted with their attitudes. Our study suggests that the same motivational processes underlie differences in the political priorities of those on the left and the right.

"Both liberals and conservatives engaged in motivated interpretation of study results and denied the correct interpretation of those results when that interpretation conflicted with their attitudes."

Liberals and Conservatives have a lot more in common than they would like to admit. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Re: Liberals and Conservatives have a lot in common

Postby mugley » 18 Sep 17, 5:52 am

yep :lmao:
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby 420onthedot » 23 Sep 17, 4:08 pm

They both live in echo chambers :lmao:

Try to avoid them the same way I avoid vegans Anyone want a good steak? :mrgreen:
Handle life like a dog... eat it , screw it, or just piss on it and walk away
420onthedot

Postby Angie G » 23 Sep 17, 7:41 pm

True :laughing:

Also some people are stuck on the science of why and miss the beauty and mystery of life.
Angie G

Postby Jack Flash » 24 Sep 17, 1:16 pm

:razz:

Since I'm into science I tried calling Steven Hawkins a few times.

All I get is his answering machine

btw that was a joke

People claim they want the truth. But this is not true

People want to hear the truth that's consistent with their worldview.
Jack Flash

Postby Jack Flash » 30 Sep 17, 10:31 am

Angie G wrote:Also some people are stuck on the science of why and miss the beauty and mystery of life.

Maybe this will help with your misconceptions http://www.visualcapitalist.com/wp-cont ... aphic.html
Jack Flash

Postby Dixie » 01 Oct 17, 8:32 am

Grumpy old conservative would be okay without the "grumpy old" part. Been called a liberal, and a bunch of other names in recent years because I need to hire people to get in the crops.
All I ask for is a rainy day in Georgia
Dixie

Postby Don't Blink » 01 Oct 17, 10:24 pm

To me all this political shouting is much ado about nothing.

Imagine going to a restaurant that has Coke and Pepsi. The restaurant claims to be the best in the world. It's theme is freedom, and it proudly celebrates freedom.

But you can't get a glass of water no matter how hard you try. It's Coke or Pepsi, Pepsi or Coke ...and the celebration of freedom.

Want a cup of coffee...nope. Want a glass of tea...nope. Want a beer...nope.

Its Coke or Pepsi and any attempt to try anything else, or suggest this is not freedom, and you will be shouted down. Worse, you may even be shunned and lose your livelihood.
Don't Blink

Postby mugley » 02 Oct 17, 7:25 am

Don't Blink wrote:To me all this political shouting is much ado about nothing.

Imagine going to a restaurant that has Coke and Pepsi. The restaurant claims to be the best in the world. It's theme is freedom, and it proudly celebrates freedom.

But you can't get a glass of water no matter how hard you try. It's Coke or Pepsi, Pepsi or Coke ...and the celebration of freedom.

Want a cup of coffee...nope. Want a glass of tea...nope. Want a beer...nope.

Its Coke or Pepsi and any attempt to try anything else, or suggest this is not freedom, and you will be shouted down. Worse, you may even be shunned and lose your livelihood.

yep pretty much covers it
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Return to In the News