Daily Dreamers

Anything to do with dreams

Daily Dreamers

Postby fat_bastard » 23 Dec 08, 5:27 pm

This section is rarely used, so I thought I'd try to make things more interesting by starting a general dreams thread for when there's nothing worth its own topic, but you'd like to tell us about the hellish metaphors of your own psyche which manifest themselves when you sleep anyway. :dance:
Whether it's a faded memory or an epic adventure, post it here! :D If you want to discuss a dream in depth, it'll be better to create your own thread for it.

(I'm going to use the powers bestowed upon me by the mighty chimp in the sky and pin this thread so that it's easy to find. :mrgreen: )

---------------------------------------

I can't remember anything I've dreamed about. So... uh.... that's a good start. :oops:
fat_bastard

Re: Daily Dreamers

Postby mugley » 23 Dec 08, 11:41 pm

dunno if this is what you want but lately I have been dreaming a lot about people who have died, my wife, father or sometimes one of my grandparents, nothing weird, just interaction like it would be if they were alive. They don't seem to be trying to tell me anything in particular, it is a bit unsettling tho
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby ~PC~ » 24 Dec 08, 4:14 pm

I had a dream about two lions. Had to bash one of them on head with a book a few times to calm him down as he was getting a bit too bitey. Interestingly, one of the specials you can get in Age of Mythology is two free lions. :D
"...it really wasn't much good having anything exciting like floods, if you couldn't share them with somebody."
~PC~

Postby fat_bastard » 25 Dec 08, 6:55 am

:lol: You've definitely been playing that game too much. :mrgreen:

I had a rather macabre dream about being in a spooky hotel, and sitting a woman's baby on the mantel piece, which promptly fell off onto its head and went floppy. :eek: I'm sure there was more but I don't really remember, but... what the hell?! :run:
fat_bastard

Postby cerina » 25 Dec 08, 6:23 pm

A bit earlier today, I dreamed that I was standing in the garden here and saw my brother walking along the side what is actually a dry river bed but was a lake in the dream. He was obviously coming from work as he was wearing a suit and tie. I decided to walk down the hill to meet him, but by the time i got there he had taken his clothes off and was swimming underwater. You could distinctly see tan lines on his back and legs.

Instead of getting undressed, I just walked into the water and started swimming towards him fully clothed. We chatted a while and then swam for a different part of the shore where we got out and walked up the hill towards a tiny church (somehow, Keith was now clothed), where we saw the Priest talking to someone and so we walked quietly away.

I think there was some more to it, but I can't remember any more.
cerina

Postby sweetone2u » 16 Jan 09, 11:04 am

:wav: Day dreamer

Sometimes we dreams in day also. :D :lol:
Download latest smilies, Funcards, & Fun toolbar.
http://offto.net/funtoolbar/

Make friends online
http://www.ghoslya.com
sweetone2u

Postby mr wiseguy » 17 Jan 09, 6:49 am

i had a wet one :?
http://www.thewelcomeinn.org/
^^^^^wiseguys place^^^^^
mr wiseguy

Postby MizMurder » 25 Jan 09, 9:46 pm

I often dream about things that have already happened to me. Generally its bad stuff. I know that some people undergo hypnosis to remember details of the past... Anyone know about methods for FORGETTING? lol.

On a lighter note, back when I was like 5 I dreamed I had a panda one night. I remember waking up and screaming at my mom for not telling me where she had taken it... I was convinced that it had really happened, and that she had woke up before me and let it go. LOL... I vaguely remember getting spanked for telling her she was a bad mom and that I hated her for letting my panda get away. LOL

Beware the wrath of a patient woman ;)
MizMurder

Postby Syke » 27 Jan 09, 6:07 am

mr wiseguy wrote:i had a wet one :?
<<this!
Syke

Postby ScornedVixen » 20 Mar 09, 5:58 pm

I had a weird dream the other day, my younger brother was talking to our family on a big table, with people I knew in my past. He was telling them that my in -laws were always unreasonable, they demanded me to make sandwiches for them at any given time regardless of whether I was busy or not. One day I decided to use a spray on oil instead of buttering the bread, as I was pushed for time. They never remarked on the taste so I used that each time.

My brother went on to say that one day I had had loads of ironing to do, they had come in and demanded sandwiches, in a rush I made it as usual. Afterwards they told me it was the best sandwich they had ever eaten and whether I had used a dressing of a kind?

Puzzled I said I couldn't remember.

My brother started to laugh, louder each time he started, saying that I was puzzled about the sandwich, and then tidied up the kitchen. I saw a spray can of starch on the worktop along with cheese, cucumber tomatoes etc. Suddenly I remembered I didn't have any spray oil left. I was mortified to realise that I had buttered their bread with startch!!

My brother says "My wife Tabitha told Beth "I bet you're more careful with what you use now", Beth said "Huh? And deprive them of something they enjoy the most? No, it's what I've been using ever since!".

:scratch: I hardly ever iron, I don't use startch, so....?

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 21 Mar 09, 10:47 am

:lmao: :lmao: It does sound like you though, Vix. :lmao:
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 22 Mar 09, 8:40 am

My mom and I went for a lunch in my town in a very expensive restaurant. The restaurant really does not exist in my town...never seen even similar one there. We were sitting on one table and ordered some food and on another table were sitting George Clooney, Will Smith and Tom Cruise. In the end of the dream, we had to pay 840 euros for each meal.
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby cerina » 22 Mar 09, 8:45 am

I hope the food was worth paying that much, IQ. The view obviously was. :mrgreen:
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 28 Mar 09, 7:53 am

I dreamed that I was sleeping and was covered with leeches. :wtf: I woke up (in my dream) and swept them with my hand and they fell of me. There was no blood anywhere, cos you know-they love blood...then I woke up. :tard:
Ice Queen

Postby mid_nite_poet » 28 Mar 09, 8:46 am

Were you watching any shows that had leeches him them recently or reading anything about them IQ?
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby Ice Queen » 28 Mar 09, 10:57 am

Been watching lots of CSI lately. :oops:
Ice Queen

Postby mid_nite_poet » 28 Mar 09, 11:01 am

I watched a show last night on CSI that had the leeches on it.. That is why I asked. :lmao:
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby ScornedVixen » 13 Apr 09, 2:09 pm

I dreamt I had poured petrol through someone's letter box, lighted a match, waited a bit then blew it out, when it was completely cold and unlighted, I put that through the letter box. Also had taken out a slab of meat that was covered in maggots, using my sons capult, I shot the meat straight through a hallway, through a door on the left, and straight onto a worktop by the window. i had known that this person wasn't going to be in for a while, so they would have arrived home to millions of flies flying around.

ScornedVixen

Postby ut2222 » 16 Apr 09, 10:45 am

I've dreamt that I've cut my head off with a safety razor while I was shaving my face... :(
Now I'm afraid to shave my other parts :lol:
ut2222

Postby mid_nite_poet » 16 Apr 09, 11:25 am

ut2222 wrote:I've dreamt that I've cut my head off with a safety razor while I was shaving my face... :(
Now I'm afraid to shave my other parts :lol:

You'll have to get someone to do it for you :mrgreen:
mid_nite_poet

Postby ScornedVixen » 22 Apr 09, 6:53 am

Dear another of those puzzling dreams that I wish PC was around to help me figure it out!

i dreamt I was blind, went hiking on the mountain with my white stick and nice clothes and heeled shoes (!) There was an avalanche, there wasn't any snow on that mountain so where the avalanche came from I've no idea. A man with badly scarred face pushes me onto the face of the mountain to protect me from the avalanche. All other people were swept away but him and me. he finds a cave that wasn't there before. We go in and set up a portable tent. Snuggle into one sleeping bag, and yes we both were naked. Talked all night of meaningful thoughts, feelings and what is wrong with the whole wide world. I hear an helicopter, we put our clothes on, he gets on the hellicopter and I make my own way back home.

Quit laughing!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 22 Apr 09, 7:40 am

I wish I could remember the details but I was in Moscow with Steve Irwin hunting (not with guns, but for capture) two escaped tigers. :scratch:
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 26 Apr 09, 4:33 pm

Tigers represents powers, maybe the dream symbolises that you're trying to capture the powers you had that escaped. Are you thinking of standing for parliment? Be good, everyone vote Cerina and topple Gordon Brown!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 27 Apr 09, 9:38 am

I wish I could remember more about it, but I do remember quite enjoying myself. :lol:
cerina

Next

Return to When I Dream