Heart broken

Anything to do with dreams

Heart broken

Postby ScornedVixen » 06 Oct 09, 11:43 am

That dream I'm dreading to sleep for, the dream that wakes me with my heart broken, the dream that makes me cry...

I move into a new area, I don't know anyone. One night, there is a blizzard, it's very cold, an old woman sits on a bus shelter bench, there are a group of men standing. I offer her my thick coat, scarf, gloves and hat. Her son drives by and takes her home, leaving me standing at the bus shelter with a party dress that cannot keep me warm.

One of the man in the group beckons me to come forward, he opens his coat and I snuggle into it, he closes his coat around me. Some time later, I'm in the car with him, I'm sitting on his lap still sleeping.

Fast forward some time later, there is a ball in the area I have moved into. The man who offered me warmth at that cold, frigid night, dances with all the ladies in the ballroom, but me.

I leave just before the night ends, I don't want anyone to see me crying. He turns up at my house, while my eyes betray me my dignity.

He persisted with his query as to why I left early, and why I've been crying, he demands to know who upset me. I simply say "you".

I always wake up in a foul mood when I've had that dream, I'm angry, hurt and upset and feel very much aggreived, sometimes I burst out crying. Sometimes I find I've cried in my sleep.

Have no idea what's going on here!

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Re: Heart broken

Postby cerina » 06 Oct 09, 3:56 pm

I don't know much about the interpretation of dreams, but I would think that one has something to do with your pending move and the problems you have had with the friend out there. You were expecting her to help you and welcome you (the man keeping you warm and safe) but instead she seems to have turned her back on you (him dancing with everyone else) but seems to think it is all your fault (his not understanding what has upset you).
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 07 Oct 09, 1:02 pm

Wow, that's amazing, I'll have to scribble that one down on my dream journal. I tried the dream analyzer Ice Queen gave some time back, the hat, gloves and coat all represent self protection. I don't get why I remove my self protection and give it to someone else though :scratch:

I'm also puzzled about the storm aspect of it as well, a turbulence in my life, sure the set back of moving to America really got to me, but it's something I feel (and think) I've gotten over it. I think it's the circumstances surrounding the set back that I've not really accepted nor really understood why happening.

Hmmmm.

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby Seawitch » 26 Oct 09, 5:29 pm

Sorry, I'm out of practice here.
I actually stopped scribbling down dreams as I woke up....it was making me to god at having vivid dreams and I was forever hanging off the edge of my bed! :wave:
Seawitchartist.com
Never trust statistics unless
you fiddled the figures yourself!
Seawitch

Postby tomuchfun » 20 Feb 11, 6:35 pm

storm = you are already aware or afraid that whats going to happen is going to happen
gloves etc = self protection like you said
old women leaving you = sign for man leaving you at the ball
waiting on bus station = you dont feel like youre going anywhere
man offering his warmth = you might feel like you need someone strong by your side that helps you in difficult situation
the rest is just the dream story ;)
tomuchfun

Return to When I Dream