A recent one of mine

Anything to do with dreams

A recent one of mine

Postby cerina » 13 Apr 11, 4:29 pm

I don't usually remember my dreams but this is one that was very vivid when I woke up and so I wrote it down.

In the dream ... I had read an online article, with pictures, of a young boy who had been bitten by a snake while at a swimming pool. I can't remember where he had been bitten but the picture in the 'paper' showed his groin area pixilated even though he was wearing swimming trunks. The snake had been captured and taken to some laboratory for ‘studies’. For some reason, I decided to get/rescue the snake.
The next scene was me at home, holding this snake in the approved snake holding manner. It was about 25cm (10 inches) long, very thin and emerald green. I knew it was venomous because of the reaction the little boy had had, but it also appeared to be a restrictor, judging from the way it wrapped itself around my hand. It also seemed to have the ability to stretch it’s neck/head because I had to keep readjusting my grip to ensure it couldn’t turn it’s head to bite me.
I decided to release it into my garden which turned out to be not a little problematic as getting it unwound enough for me to release it safely, without getting bitten, was not easy but, I succeeded eventually. When I opened the French doors into the garden, there was a huge snake out there, at least 3.5m (12 feet) long. As soon as it heard the sound of the doors open, it disappeared through the bushes into next door’s garden. I wanted to get a better look at it so I parted the bushes so that I could see into the garden but I couldn’t see the snake. What I did see were two strange beings, I assumed they were some sort of alien visitor. I know they were primarily green, a different green from the snake, had very pleasantly shaped faces and seemed very non-threatening as they were peering over the top of the bird bath and giggling.
I didn’t want to scare them off, and still had to release my snake, so I let go of the bushes gently, went further down the garden and let him go.
The next scene was either later that day or a couple of days later and I went outside to put my shoes on. No, I don’t normally keep my shoes outside but for the purposes of the dream I seem to have done so. Before putting them on, I decided that it would be a good idea to shake them in case my snake had decided to camp out in them. When I did that a larger, fatter, black snake fell out. I grabbed this one just under the base of it’s head and phoned the RSPCA. A team of men arrived, including a well known British archaeologist (!) who all stood around scratching their heads and not really knowing what to do. I wanted some sort of crate to put to put this snake in safely but they hadn’t come equipped so we had to wait for another team to arrive. While I was holding this snake, and I don’t know how I hadn’t noticed it before, the little green one fell off it and appeared to be completely exhausted/satisfied. We decided that they must have been mating and now the process was over she had detached herself. I grabbed her in my other hand and was dangling one in each hand.
The next bit is a bit hazy ... somehow, I hurt the green snake and decapitated it with a piece of cardboard. I am not sure if this happened as I was putting it into a box, but I felt absolutely devastated at having caused this to happen. It wasn’t completely decapitated in as much as half the head was still attached to the body. Anyway, the guys left and when I came back round to the back of the house, I noticed that the snakes head looked different. On close inspection, it was obvious that it was self-healing and was growing another body. I managed to pick it up and went to try to stop the guys leaving without the head. A couple of them were standing talking beside their truck and I showed them what was going on, and you could clearly see the scar from the cut and the new growth behind it.
And that is where the dream ended.
cerina

Re: A recent one of mine

Postby mugley » 13 Apr 11, 5:10 pm

dunno what you are eating for late night snacks, but you need to find something else
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby cerina » 13 Apr 11, 5:11 pm

:lmao: :lmao: Thanks, mugley. It's usually cheese and onion crisps (chips). :lmao:
cerina

Postby breeze » 13 Apr 11, 11:57 pm

http://dreamsnightmares.com/snakes.html
...or, you need a pet in your house. :lmao: Maybe you find a non venomous one. :mrgreen:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby cerina » 14 Apr 11, 3:22 pm

No, definitely no pets, despite the efforts of my four legged stalker! :lmao:
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 14 Apr 11, 6:46 pm

cerina wrote:I don't usually remember my dreams but this is one that was very vivid when I woke up and so I wrote it down.

In the dream ... I had read an online article, with pictures, of a young boy who had been bitten by a snake while at a swimming pool. I can't remember where he had been bitten but the picture in the 'paper' showed his groin area pixilated even though he was wearing swimming trunks. The snake had been captured and taken to some laboratory for ‘studies’. For some reason, I decided to get/rescue the snake.

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed, suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change.

To see lab animals in your dream, suggest that an aspect of yourself is being repressed. You feel that you are not able to fully express your desires and emotions. Alternatively, it suggests that you need to experiment with your fears, choices, and beliefs. Try not to limit yourself.

To see a pool of water in your dream, indicates that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. Alternatively, a pool indicates your desire to be cleansed. You need to wash away the past.

To see or read a newspaper in your dream, signifies that new light and insight is being shed on a waking problem that is nagging on your mind. You are seeking knowledge and answers to a problem. Pay attention to the dream as it may offer a solution. Alternatively, reading the newspaper implies that you need to be more vocal. You need to express yourself. It is time to make the headlines.

If you are female and dream that you see or are a boy, then it indicates that you are developing the masculine aspects of character. Alternatively, it may represent your feelings about a real-life boy who is important and significant to you. You may have a crush on this boy and your waking thoughts of him has carried over into the dream world. Your motherly instincts may be taking over.
If you are an adult male and dream that you see or are a boy, then it suggests your playful, innocent, childlike nature. Alternatively, it can symbolize the immature aspects of yourself that still needs to grow. Your inner child may be trying to draw your attention to parts of yourself that you need to recognize and acknowledge.

The next scene was me at home, holding this snake in the approved snake holding manner. It was about 25cm (10 inches) long, very thin and emerald green. I knew it was venomous because of the reaction the little boy had had, but it also appeared to be a restrictor, judging from the way it wrapped itself around my hand. It also seemed to have the ability to stretch it’s neck/head because I had to keep readjusting my grip to ensure it couldn’t turn it’s head to bite me.

To come in contact with venom in your dream, represents pent-up anger and hostility you may be expressing or experiencing from others. Perhaps, your feelings of hate are beginning to show through. Alternatively, the dream is indicative of a lack of self-esteem, lack of self-love, or insecurities you have.

Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, fertility, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. The appearance of the color may also be a way of telling you to "go ahead". Alternatively, green is a metaphor for a lack of experience in some task.�
To "be green", means that you are environmentally conscious. Green is also symbolic of your strive to gain recognition and establish your independence. Money, wealth and jealousy are often associated with this color.
Dark green indicates materialism, cheating, deceit, and/or difficulties with sharing. You need to balance your masculine and feminine attributes.

I decided to release it into my garden which turned out to be not a little problematic as getting it unwound enough for me to release it safely, without getting bitten, was not easy but, I succeeded eventually. When I opened the French doors into the garden, there was a huge snake out there, at least 3.5m (12 feet) long. As soon as it heard the sound of the doors open, it disappeared through the bushes into next door’s garden. I wanted to get a better look at it so I parted the bushes so that I could see into the garden but I couldn’t see the snake. What I did see were two strange beings, I assumed they were some sort of alien visitor. I know they were primarily green, a different green from the snake, had very pleasantly shaped faces and seemed very non-threatening as they were peering over the top of the bird bath and giggling.

To dream that you are saving the life of an animal, suggests that you are successfully acknowledging certain emotions and characteristics represented by the animal. The dream may also stem from feelings of inadequacy or being overwhelmed. If you are setting an animal free, then it indicates an expression and release of your own primal desires.

To see a vegetable or fruit garden in your dream, indicates that your hard work and diligence will pay off in the end. It is also symbolic of stability, potential, and inner growth. You need to cultivate a new skill or nurture your spiritual and personal growth.
To see a flower garden in your dream, represents tranquility, comfort, love and domestic bliss. You need to be more nurturing.
To see a sparse, weed-infested garden, suggests that you have neglected your spiritual needs. You are not on top of things.

To see aliens in your dream, signify that you are having difficulties adapting and adjusting to your new surroundings. You are feeling "alienated" and disconnected. You may also be having difficulties with how to handle or deal with a certain situation or person. On a psychological level, seeing aliens represent an encounter with an unfamiliar or neglected aspect of your own self.

I didn’t want to scare them off, and still had to release my snake, so I let go of the bushes gently, went further down the garden and let him go.
The next scene was either later that day or a couple of days later and I went outside to put my shoes on. No, I don’t normally keep my shoes outside but for the purposes of the dream I seem to have done so. Before putting them on, I decided that it would be a good idea to shake them in case my snake had decided to camp out in them. When I did that a larger, fatter, black snake fell out. I grabbed this one just under the base of it’s head and phoned the RSPCA. A team of men arrived, including a well known British archaeologist (!) who all stood around scratching their heads and not really knowing what to do. I wanted some sort of crate to put to put this snake in safely but they hadn’t come equipped so we had to wait for another team to arrive. While I was holding this snake, and I don’t know how I hadn’t noticed it before, the little green one fell off it and appeared to be completely exhausted/satisfied. We decided that they must have been mating and now the process was over she had detached herself. I grabbed her in my other hand and was dangling one in each hand.

Black symbolizes the unknown, the unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, rejection, hate or malice.�The color invites you to delve deeper in your unconscious in order to gain a better understanding of yourself. It also signifies a lack of love and lack of support.�More positively, black represents potential and possibilities. It is like a clean or blank slate.
If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, then blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities

To dream that you are an archaeologist, suggests that you need to learn from past experiences or that you need to look to the past to find answers to present issues.

To see men in your dream, represent an authoritative figure or a father figure. If you are a woman and dream that you are in a room full of men, then it highlights the masculine aspect of yourself. The dream forces you to acknowledge your authoritative and aggressive side. Consider also how the men are dressed as this will provide a clue as to what area in your life you need to assert more power.�

To see a crate in your dream, signifies your positive attitude, your potential, the possibilities and your drive for success.

The next bit is a bit hazy ... somehow, I hurt the green snake and decapitated it with a piece of cardboard. I am not sure if this happened as I was putting it into a box, but I felt absolutely devastated at having caused this to happen. It wasn’t completely decapitated in as much as half the head was still attached to the body. Anyway, the guys left and when I came back round to the back of the house, I noticed that the snakes head looked different. On close inspection, it was obvious that it was self-healing and was growing another body. I managed to pick it up and went to try to stop the guys leaving without the head. A couple of them were standing talking beside their truck and I showed them what was going on, and you could clearly see the scar from the cut and the new growth behind it.
And that is where the dream ended.

To dream that you or someone else is being beheaded, signifies poor judgment or a bad decision that you have made and regretted.

To dream that you are sad, suggests that you need to learn from your disappointments and just be happy. Try not to dwell on the negative. The dream may be a reflection of how you are feeling in your waking life.

To connect the dots in one possible meaning of your dream: Subconsciously you are upset about something, on the surface you are not aware of what it is yet but slowly you are finding out and trying to deal with it.

But that's just an opinion...I'm clueless about this kind of stuff...
:tard: :? :lmao:
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby cerina » 14 Apr 11, 8:51 pm

Thank you, IQ. I will see what I can make of it all. :D
cerina

Return to When I Dream