What Just Happened...?

You don't even need a topic

Re: What Just Happened...?

Postby ScornedVixen » 09 May 12, 12:39 pm

Podunk?? That's a new one!

Jus finished Painting two rooms upstairs. One more to go. Children scribble on them faster than I can paInt over it!

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 15 May 12, 4:36 pm

cerina

Postby mugley » 23 May 12, 12:18 pm

the washing machine start messing up this morning, it wouldn't quit filling with water, so I looked it up on the net and found out a couple of things it could be, luckily it turned out to be the cheapest and simplest, a tube had come off the water pump switch, put it back on and its now working fine, fingers crossed, well except for it still won't stop filling on the small load selection but it seems to on the rest of them, I can live with that I hope lol

this is twice the net has saved my ass on this washing machine, about 6 months ago, it wouldn't agitate or spin, the coupling between the motor and transmission went bad and by looking it up I found out what the problem was and how to fix it, that probable saved me about $200 or so,
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby breeze » 23 May 12, 1:17 pm

Don't spend that money on cigarettes. :mrgreen:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby mugley » 23 May 12, 2:01 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby cerina » 24 May 12, 3:40 pm

breeze wrote:Don't spend that money on cigarettes. :mrgreen:

:lmao: :lmao:
cerina

Postby mugley » 29 Jun 12, 2:53 pm

I just came back in from outside, and I don't know if its as hot as it was when I was in Tuscon AZ, but its damn sure in the same ball park :eek:

105 f at 3pm 40.5C for you barbarians heat index of 115f 46.1C
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby cerina » 30 Jun 12, 7:19 pm

That doesn't appeal to me in the least! :?
cerina

Postby mugley » 21 Jul 12, 11:16 am

well, I got a job!!!!!! ( started to post this under "this sucks" :lmao: ) as a forklift operator, which is something I do like doing, the downside is that since its thru a temp agency, it doesn't pay much and no benefits, its about 25 miles from my house, my old truck doesn't get good gas mileage (had to sell my bike a few months ago, lost my ass on it to grrr :cussing: :cussing: ) so it will cost me a fair piece of change each week for gas. Also, it will probably cost me what little bit of govt help I was finally able to just start getting. I want to give it a shot tho, beats sitting around the house, there's a chance it might go full time, one guy I work with has been there a year and still a temp, others say it can take a year or two, besides its seems it easier to find a job if you have one than if you don't, so hopefully it will work out.

Funny thing happened tho, after I had been there for about an hour, they took me upfront to the office at 8am to do some paperwork. I told the receptionist who I was, and why I was there, she had a folder with my name on it with some papers in it, so she handed them to me. I opened to start filling out the forms and one was an application for the company itself, I thought damn this is odd, usually it takes awhile for them to ask a temp to apply, but I started filling it out anyway hoping my luck had change dramatically lol. Then this executive type came out of his office and wanted to know what I was doing there, so I told him. Then he said I wasn't supposed to be there until 2pm and I told him no sir, I was told to be here at 7am this morning, then they brought me up here to the office. He said, "No, I heard her tell you on the phone distinctly to be here at 2pm". I said "No sir, the temp agency called me yesterday and asked could I be here at 7am today, I told them I could be, so here I am." He insisted again that he had heard someone tell me to be here at 2pm and I'm wondering WTF is going on and insisting no I was told to be here at 7am. He's staring at me hard and all but calling me a liar. I'm starting to get a little irritated too, to the point where if the job market was better, I 'd have told him what he could do and where he could stick the plant sideways. Anyway we go back and forth a couple of times, I tell him that I've talked to anyone at that plant over the phone, so I don't know what he's talking about. We finally figure out that that another guy with the same name as me was supposed to be there at 2pm to do his paperwork to be hired for the same dept!!! WE get a good laugh and he looks embarrassed!!! Then he tells me to go ahead and finish filling out that paperwork because they are going to want to hire me away from the temp agency anyway, so I tell him that sounds good to me lol.

According to the temp agency rules,since I went there thru them, I have to work there thru them for 400 hours before they will let them hire me, so after I get 400 hours in, about 2 months or so, I'm going back up to that guy's office and remind him of that and see if I can push things along a little bit LOL
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Jack Flash » 21 Jul 12, 3:14 pm

Good luck with the job :thumb: It does seem that a lot of companies are going through temporary services to avoid having to pay out any kind of benefits.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby mugley » 25 Jul 12, 6:19 am

well that didn't last long, they let me go, said I wasn't fast enough and I was seriously running wide open, doing all I could do, I got some pride and don't like being thought of as the weak link so yeah I was pushing as hard as I could, I really think a little more time to get used to their working patterns and their forklifts. But as the temp lady told me when she called this morning, she didn't know what their problem was, that she could seem to get no one out there to make them happy and she would try to find me something else. Those damn people are insane, sooner or later someone is going to get seriously hurt out there and some poor forklift driver is going to be in serious trouble. But at any rate, when I got home yesterday, I had a call from a company a lot closer about a job interview so I go there today at 4:30 pm, this would be full time, benefits and all and hopefully better pay

the other place was costing me about $10 to $11 a day just in gas, so I'm not sure that was going to be worth it after all, but I can leave there with my head held high, because I know I busted my ass and did the very best I could do, I can't do anymore than that. oh well life in the big city but that was some of the worst days I have ever spent on a job
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Jack Flash » 25 Jul 12, 6:50 am

:( Some employers can be downright difficult. I think we have all had an employer that was impossible to please.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby mugley » 25 Jul 12, 8:05 am

yep but this place was unreal, but like I said, I got this other job interview this afternoon, so it might work out better
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby breeze » 25 Jul 12, 9:25 am

mugley wrote: I got this other job interview this afternoon, so it might work out better

It will be like a birthday present. :)
I wish you all the luck :hug: :hug:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby mugley » 25 Jul 12, 10:00 am

yep Thx Breeze, I appreciate it :hug: :hug:
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby mugley » 27 Jul 12, 12:53 pm

well I got another job, doing warehouse, inventory control and maybe some deliveries, its a bit further away but it pays better and I really think I'll like it http://www.mcmulleninc.com/
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby breeze » 27 Jul 12, 3:19 pm

Congratulation!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: I knew it, it's your birthday present. :dance:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby mugley » 27 Jul 12, 3:40 pm

thank you and yep :dance:
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Lonestar » 27 Jul 12, 4:59 pm

Awesome, Mugley. :thumb: Good luck with the new job. :mrgreen:
Lonestar / EtoileSolitaire / Einsamerstern / EstrellaSolitaria / ОдинокаяЗвезда

*PLEASE VISIT!* Lonestar Enterprises [click]
Lonestar

Postby mugley » 17 Aug 12, 6:47 pm

I just cooked a 1lb porterhouse steak on the grill over mesquite wood, and got a bacon cheddar cheese baked potato, cold Bud Light mmmmmmmmm good stuff Maynard
rude, crude, and lewd

mugley

Postby Don't Blink » 18 Aug 12, 11:39 am

:thumb:
Don't Blink

Postby ScornedVixen » 08 Sep 12, 11:52 am

:beer: very pleased for you Mugley, you deserved better than that job that appreciate you. Am with you there, need a bit of time to get into the groove of things when starting anything new. Mark tells me BA employs agency to hire men for work. Apparently, the flux of the business rises and drops, they cannot afford to pay men wages when the flow drops. So it works out cheaper to take on those from the agency when the flow rises and discard them after. It's wrong but hey I don't own a business so what do I know!

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Postby Maggs » 02 Mar 13, 7:27 pm

I just made a cake :D
Maggs

Postby Angie G » 02 Mar 13, 9:16 pm

what kind?
Angie G

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox