THREE FOR THURSDAY

Learn a little about yourself or someone else

Re: THREE FOR THURSDAY

Postby breeze » 15 Feb 08, 7:01 am

1. How many 'True Loves' have you had in your life thus far?

Aaaaaa :mrgreen: 1 and 1/2 :lmao: Kidding. Well, only one and I'm still maried with this only one. :oops: Boring, isn't it? :lmao: (Not for me)

2. If you could choose to have a Valentine's dinner with any celebrity, or well known person, (past or present), who would it be?
I think I could accept a dinner with Pierce Brosnan. :lmao: But he has to ask me two or three times. :mrgreen:
I would like to have also dinner, but not for Valentines day (he was not so sexy, exept the fact that his mind could be enough sexy for me :twisted: :D ) with Einstein. I have few questions for him about time and about a lot of other things that interest me very, very much. :?

3a. What's the nicest Valentine gift you've ever received? And what's the nicest Valentin's gift you've ever given?I never celebrated Valentine's day, it is/was not very popular here. Now it is, but not for us, people who are not used with this day. :?

3b. Assuming that you could only have one or the other, which would you rather have at this point in your life: A Secure Marriage, or Financial Security? Considering I have a secure marriage I will choose financial security. But if I have to choose between the two of them I will choose secure marriage (not any secure marriage, but only the marriage I have now)
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby mid_nite_poet » 15 Feb 08, 10:13 am

*Only one...A high school sweetheart. Was too young to marry at the time and then I moved away

2. If you could choose to have a Valentine's dinner with any celebrity, or well known person, (past or present), who would it be?
*Dennis Quaid

3a. What's the nicest Valentine gift you've ever received? And what's the nicest Valentin's gift you've ever given?
Didn't really celebrate Valentine's day that much...
AND/OR

3b. Assuming that you could only have one or the other, which would you rather have at this point in your life: A Secure Marriage, or Financial Security?
*Seeing I will never marry again, I will have to go with being Financial Secure
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby Quercus » 17 Feb 08, 10:25 pm

Only one. We met when he was 15 and I was 16 and he's still the only guy for me. :love:

I was going to say Paul McCartney, but then I saw Mario Lopez on T.V. the other day....now I'm torn. Hmmmm....good looking yet well seasoned or gorgeous and young? :scratch:

3a. What's the nicest Valentine gift you've ever received?
My dad used to make me hand made Valentines when I was a kid, and they always seemed quite special to me.

And what's the nicest Valentine's gift you've ever given?
Sting's not a big fan of Valentie's Day (he thinks you should show love year-round), and he dreads the thought of what I might get or do for him. So a couple of years ago, I went to Goodwill and bought him a few work shirts. Sting loves a bargin and he seemed quite pleased that I got him something cheap and practical for Valentines.

AND/OR

3b. Assuming that you could only have one or the other, which would you rather have at this point in your life: A Secure Marriage, or Financial Security?
Money can't buy me love.
Quercus

Postby Quercus » 21 Feb 08, 9:34 pm

Okay, I'll try to make the questions a little easier this time.

Here's your THREE FOR THURSDAY:

1. What’s your favorite kind of fish or seafood?

2. What is currently your favorite TV program?

3. What’s one of the nicest things anyone has ever said or done for you?
Quercus

Postby Don't Blink » 21 Feb 08, 9:47 pm

1. What’s your favorite kind of fish or seafood? - crab stuffed flounder

2. What is currently your favorite TV program? - Nova on PBS( am I dull or what)

3. What’s one of the nicest things anyone has ever said or done for you? - I have met a lot of nice people in my life who have done and a lot of nice things for me. Still when you think about the major things in life I have to thank my parents for doing things like paying my tuition at college.
Don't Blink

Postby mid_nite_poet » 22 Feb 08, 12:40 am

1. What’s your favorite kind of fish or seafood?.....Being a Maritimer there is only one answer....Lobster

2. What is currently your favorite TV program?....Stargate Atlantis.

3. What’s one of the nicest things anyone has ever said or done for you?....There are so many people who have done and said a lot of nice things for me over the years, but the nicest thing would have to be ...thanks to my parents for creating me. Because without them, I wouldn't be here to experience what life has to offer.
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby breeze » 25 Feb 08, 6:36 am

Shrimps (the big ones)
Difficult to say, because I don't know if we have the same programs. :D Usualy "news". Never boring. :lmao:
Comedy (ex. Seinfeld but now we don't have it anymore) :( Discovery (travel) but not only.
Hm, difficult answer. There are many and it's difficult to choose one. :?
But, I have a special feeling when somebody tells me "I love you". When my husband and my son tell these magic words to me I'm the hapiest woman on earth. :oops:
Both my parents loved me very much, they showed me in different ways that they love me, I felt their love, but I can't remember them telling me "I love you". :(
They expected me to be the best, I did my best to be the best :? but I simply wanted them to tell me I love you.
That's why I never loose a chance to tell my son, or my husband I love you. :?
I can't do the same thing with my father, even if I love him very much. :?
Well stop it, I become pathetic :D and it's not the way I am. :D
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby cerina » 25 Feb 08, 1:17 pm

Langoustines, or king prawns in garlic. :drool:

I don't really have one. I like the news and documentaries.

This really is a difficult one, Q.

People have done and said many lovely things for and to me, but, like breeze, I think I would have to say that being told "I love you" by someone special would come at the top of the list. And I think possibly the nicest things anyone has ever done for me are when my partner buys me a Christmas or birthday present because I know how much he detests shopping and he can even have a panic attack, so it is always so special that he has gone out to get me something. He always does, by the way. :D
cerina

Postby Quercus » 27 Feb 08, 12:27 am

I don't eat much of it, but in recent years, my preference has been salmon. Especially grilled.

Survivor and Man vs Wild

I hate it when I ask questions that I don't really know how to answer! :dontknow:

As for breeze's and cerina's comments..."I love you" were never words used around my house while growing up either. When I was 20 and in college, my father got very sick and I was afraid that he might die so I called him at the hospital every evening for over a week and I told him that I loved him. Then he died, and I was so glad that I had said it to him, even though it was difficult. Ever since then, I do not hesitate to tell people that I love them. Sting and I have turned both of our families into a pretty mushy bunch because we have gotten everyone into the habit of expressing their love for each other. My mom just told me the other day how glad she is that I got her into that habit.

Okay, as for the nicest thing......over the years people have done a lot of nice things for me, but I'm not sure what's the nicest. What Sting is doing right now sure doesn't seem very nice, but I know that he's working his butt off in Mexico with my best interest in mind, so I guess I would have to say that.
Quercus

Postby Quercus » 13 Mar 08, 9:43 pm

I know that for most of you Thursday is over….sorry. :oops: I’ve never been good at deadlines.

Here’s your THREE FOR THURSDAY:

1. Name something you’ve never done in your life that you would like to try.

2. What is the first name of your dearest friend that is the same gender that you are?

3. When you were in grade school, what was your best subject?
Quercus

Postby Ice Queen » 14 Mar 08, 4:45 am

fly with a helicopter

2. What is the first name of your dearest friend that is the same gender that you are?
Zorica

Macedonian language, English language and maths
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby mid_nite_poet » 14 Mar 08, 5:32 am

1. Name something you’ve never done in your life that you would like to try.........Fly an airplane

2. What is the first name of your dearest friend that is the same gender that you are?.....Bina

3. When you were in grade school, what was your best subject?.....Math
mid_nite_poet

Postby fat_bastard » 14 Mar 08, 6:34 am

- Tour Japan. No idea why, but Japan appeals to me. Sadism and swords I suppose. :eek:

- Nick

- Biology :angel:
fat_bastard

Postby breeze » 14 Mar 08, 7:35 am

Visit Egipt and South America
Valentina
Philosophy, psychology, art history and drawing :mrgreen:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby cerina » 15 Mar 08, 4:46 pm

There are so many things ... ride in a hot air balloon, drive a Formula 1 car, parachute jump.

I don't have any close friends of my own gender ... my closest friends are men.

English.
cerina

Postby Khaizerex » 24 Mar 08, 2:20 pm

Though already said, I really want to fly a plane...

Nick... hmm... this is also already said... haha...

Math
I live in your head, I can be found in your dreams. Rest peacefully, I will guard over you.
Khaizerex

Postby Quercus » 24 Mar 08, 7:54 pm

A sleigh ride…I want to ride in a one horse (or more) open sleigh!

I hate it when I ask questions that I can’t really answer. And I hate to say that I don’t really have any friends (that I'm not related to)…but unfortunately, it’s true.

Geography/History
Quercus

Postby Melekkalbi » 25 Mar 08, 8:47 am

Lots of things. Make a trip around the world (I want to see Japan, Latin America, Egypt, Italy.........), jump out of an airplane (preferably with parachute :mrgreen: ), maybe learn to drive a car some day (not really in a hurry for that though), etc.

Elif

Geography and English I think.
http://www.projectaware.com - For a Free Generation
Melekkalbi

Postby Quercus » 26 Mar 08, 10:33 pm

Happy Thursday Everyone! :dance:

Here’s your next installment of THREE FOR THURSDAY:

1. Imagine your life five years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished by then?

2. What was the best vacation you ever had and why?

3. What kind of structure do you live in (house, apartment, duplex, trailer, etc.)?
Quercus

Postby breeze » 28 Mar 08, 4:47 pm

1. Imagine your life five years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished by then?
Few ...profesional achievements :D finish our house :D and ... :scratch: , it's a big list. :mrgreen:

My best vacation is on the seaside. Sea, beach, waves, sand. No beach=no vacation. :D Seaside=best vacation. :D :D

3. What kind of structure do you live in (house, apartment, duplex, trailer, etc.)?
Apartment. Nice one, but apartment. :(
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby mid_nite_poet » 28 Mar 08, 5:09 pm

I have accomplished quite a lot in my life now.. Hope to remain healthy and happy and do some traveling.

Even though it was a sad time in our lives, I would have to say that the best and most memorable one was the last summer my husband was alive. We spent it doing whatever he wanted to do. We went on numerous camping trips, spent lots of time fishing on the lake and also spent time with family and friends. We also took a train trip with family. I have it all on tape..

House
mid_nite_poet

Postby Ice Queen » 28 Mar 08, 6:17 pm

Finished with my faculty I have a diploma and I'm working as a pharmacist somewhere in London, or Canada, or America, or Australia, or NZ.And I have my own apartment and a cute little puppy and a cute little kitty.

Few years ago my parents, my brother and I went to Greece. The weather was great and we had fun.

In my home town I live in a house, here as a student I live in a private apartment.
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Melekkalbi » 01 Apr 08, 8:08 am

Pass :razz:

2 years ago in England when I worked at Cerina's place for a few weeks! :hug:

I live in castle in the clouds with walls made out of cotton candy (I love that scent :cool: ) and floors made out of jelly ( it wiggles :mrgreen: ). It has a huge garden and 518 different rooms devided over 8 floors and 6 towers. Now if only I could remember where I left my keys :scratch:
http://www.projectaware.com - For a Free Generation
Melekkalbi

Postby cerina » 01 Apr 08, 8:15 am

I live in castle in the clouds with walls made out of cotton candy (I love that scent :cool: ) and floors made out of jelly ( it wiggles :mrgreen: ). It has a huge garden and 518 different rooms devided over 8 floors and 6 towers. Now if only I could remember where I left my keys :scratch:

It seems working here was a little bit too much for you, Melek. :lmao: :lmao:
cerina

PreviousNext

Return to Quizzes, Quandaries and Questions