Postby Dirtzinert » 03 Aug 07, 5:18 pm

Image :mrgreen:
'Let's throw caution to the wind and make plans for EVERYTHING!'
Dirtzinert

Re: THREE FOR THURSDAY

Postby mid_nite_poet » 03 Aug 07, 7:11 pm

Dirtzinert wrote:Image :mrgreen:

Produce it baby!!! Image
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby Quercus » 05 Aug 07, 9:12 pm

1. Who is your current favorite musical artist(s)?
NOTE: Current Favorite can be different than All-Time Favorite.

Right now, it’s the performers on my two newest CDs; Suzanne Vega (who is also one of my All-time Favorites) and Kelly Richey who Sting and I saw perform for the first time the other night. She was Outstanding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab8St0qZuD8

2. TOPIC: Motorcycles
Which sentence applies to you the best?
a. I have one and I love it!
b. I have one, but I never ride it.
c. I don't have one, but I wish I did!
d. I used to have one, but I don't care for them much anymore.
e. Never had one, never wanted one.

e. Never had one, never wanted one. And yes, I too have had
friends and relatives who lives were harmed or ended due to motorcycles.

3. What is something you like about the person (besides yourself...in case you post twice in a row) who has posted above you?

MNP is the most diligent forum member I have ever seen. She’s witty, charming, friendly, and always on the ball. She’s everyone’s friend and no one’s enemy….well….there might be a couple of spammers who don’t like her. :roll: But that's a good thing!

AND I love the way her avatar changes every couple of days. I look forward to coming on the forum just to see what MNP looks like today.
Quercus

Postby Quercus » 22 Aug 07, 9:53 pm

When I returned from my rather lengthy hiatus from the forum. Dirtz welcomed me back and urged me to revive the Three For Thursday. I did, once at least, while he was around to see it, and now I’m so glad I did.

This week, my Three For Thursday is dedicated to Dirtz. It may require you to do some searching and reflecting in order to answer my questions, but take your time for once. It’ll be good for you.

Here’s your DIRTZ THREE FOR THURSDAY:

1. How many Dirtz $$ do you currently have?

2. Post your favorite Llama picture or joke.

3. What is one of your favorite posts made by Dirtz? (You can put the link here or copy and paste the entire post in your response.)
Quercus

Postby mid_nite_poet » 23 Aug 07, 4:52 am

3. What is one of your favorite posts made by Dirtz? (You can put the link here or copy and paste the entire post in your response.)

The last few days I have been going back and looking at all Dirtz's post that he made and he had 8501.. I can't pick one that would be my favorite.. :dontknow: They all are.. All his posts were great.

Here is a poem that I found awhile back.. I was going to post it for Dirtz, but never had a chance to..

Dirty Laughing Llamas
by Lloyd the Llama

Larry Llama likes to laugh
And so does Sarah Sue.
Larry likes to laugh at Sarah’s jokes.
And quite frankly, so would you.
Sarah jokes about the humans
Who care for them each day.
“People sure are funnier than llamas
in each and every way.
For they wash and try to make us clean
but as every llama knows
We’d rather roll around in dirt
than look prissy in their shows."
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby Sting » 23 Aug 07, 5:33 pm

I have 800.00 well earned Dirtz $$

Here is a song breeze posted about Llama’s
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama

This may not be my favorite post from Dirtz, but he posted it and I felt it was appropriate at this time. I hope your wish came true, ole buddy.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18919&p=186316&hilit=#p186316
Searching for that sweet little honey pot? Go to http://www.bitoffun.com
Sting

Postby mid_nite_poet » 23 Aug 07, 6:05 pm

Oh Sting, You just had to post that song. didn't you.. now I can't get it out of my head..Image
mid_nite_poet

Postby Sting » 24 Aug 07, 4:18 pm

That's the same thing Q told me most of the evening.
Sting

Postby Quercus » 24 Aug 07, 7:20 pm

I only have a measly 400 Dirtz $$, and I guess that’s all I get. However, I do believe that I am the only one to receive 200 Dirtz $$ in one fell swoop.

I’m quite fond of Llamas. In fact, I used to beg Sting to get me one as a pet….but he never did. :? Anyway, whenever I see a Llama, I take a picture of it. The attachment below is one I took a couple of years ago when we were up north. It’s not necessarily the funniest Llama picture I’ve ever seen, but I like it. :D

Dirtzinert wrote:CHRISTMAS MORNING...2006 5:30 A.M.

How many Christmas mornings did I awake at this hour, or before? Trembling in anticipation of getting up, tripping sleepy eyed to the tree, and discovering the bountiful harvest of a hard working Santa. Soon I would hear mom or dad walk through the living room on the way to put the coffee pot on the stove. Perhaps my sister Sandy, jumping out of bed...unable to wait one more minute. "Larry, before you and Sandy go in the living room, go to the bathroom then wash your face and brush your teeth...Earl, did you turn on the coffee?' mom would say. Already back in the living room, in his chair with his coffee he would answer, "coffee is ready Grace". "Kids, looks like Santa has been here"!

How things change in our lives...different homes, more children to provide and care for, but still many joyful Christmas enjoyed. Just as mom and dad did, we eventually left home to establish our own little traditions with our friends and families. Now that too has passed, our children have moved on to once again repeat the cycle. That to me, is perhaps the best present a man can receive...to inherit the spirit, enjoy it a while, then pass it on...

These days, instead of waking early to find my gifts, or waking early to watch my children's eyes light up at the sight of presents under the tree...I wake up because it's about 5:00 in the morning, and that’s the time I always get up. I no longer have to "put the coffee on the stove", it's ready about 5 minutes after I flip the switch. These days, I let Ivan the dog out, give Eddie and Frank the cats some breakfast, then uncover the Early Bird. Get my coffee, turn on the weather channel, and thus my Christmas morning is underway..."I'm going to send a little note to my friends this morning, I'm going to tell them all how much I love them and how much I appreciate them". "Tell them how much I appreciate the love and friendship they have shown my 'Babsha', and appreciate the loving way they took me under their wings."

After all it's Christmas Morning!

Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quercus

Postby breeze » 31 Aug 07, 1:45 am

I have 1200. Thank you Dirtz. :hug:

I have a whole topic "My llama collection".

There are so many. But, Quercus thank you for finding that one for me too. I read that one, before writting for the first time here. I liked so much that post. After reading it I understood that people here are so normal, so nice, so sensitive and I also knew I like Dirtz very much.
I will not post it again, but yes, it is the one I consider my favorite.

Once again, I will miss you Dirtz. :hug:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby ckretmsage » 03 Sep 07, 5:17 am

I have been gone for such a long time, I didn't realize this until now.
To catch up for now, the dirtz questions I will have to reflect and do some searching on.

1. What is currently your favorite item(s) of clothing?
I have a great pair of cargo`s that I got for my birthday this year.

2. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Coffee

3. What characteristic do you despise most?
Uncleanliness

1. What time do you wake up in the morning?
It depends, for work 5:30, if not working 9ish.

2. Do you sleep naked or in PJ's?
In my duds. Unders that is.

3. When was the last time you wet the bed?
No idea, when I was less than 2?

1. What was your most memorable birthday?
I’d have to go with the first one, like the day I was born. That was a pretty big day for me. : )

2. Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Ah, neither, but I would have to go with Night Owl, because of the shift work, I can stay up all night pretty much any time needed.

3. Where in your house do you spend most of your time?
The computer room.

1. What’s your favorite kind of car?
I’m not a big car guy, but I wouldn’t mind a nice new BMW if someone was gonna buy it for me.

2. How many refrigerator magnets do you have?
1 The lady across the street is a real estate broker and she have it too us, it has a tear away monthly calendar on it (and her face.... which kinda freaks me out).

2. Where’s the most unusual place you’ve ever had sex?
Back yard of a place I was renting in college or the bathroom floor of my then girlfriend (now wifes) parents basement.

1. Can you do a cartwheel?
No, more of a roundoff now a days.

2. When was the last time you got your hair cut?
About a week ago.

3. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
A mixed one I made a while back. Store bought? I would have to go with the Killers latest release.

1. What is your all time favorite movie?

Wow, tough question. I would have to say, The Matrix. BUT only if you discount the 2nd and 3rd ones, and view it as a single shot movie.

2. Do you have any bad habits? What?
Yes, I’m inpatient. My wife could probably come up with many many more.

3. What kind of books do you like to read?

Any kind, I love reading. Mainly crime thrillers, historical fiction, sci-fi (although it has been a long time since I read anything good), humour and fantasy (although I prefer my fantasy with a bit of humour as well, like Terry Pratchett and Tom Holt).

1. What is your favorite month of the year and why?

Hmmm.. it will all change this year.. it will either be October of November. I kind of hope it will be October, we have Thanksgiving here, plus Halloween, the beautiful tree colours, the wet damp smell of fall and hopefully a new addition to the family . Due date : Nov. 2 2007.

1. Do you prefer the Beach or the Mountains?

Beach

2. What is your middle name?

James

3. What would you do if you had a few extra hours in a day?

Sleep or I would be on the computer : )

1. What time did you get up this morning?

I haven’t gone to sleep yet, its 5:44am.

2. What are three characteristics you look for in a friend?

Humour, Good story teller and Energetic

3. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?
Beer

1. If you could, where would you retire to?

Arizona , I’ve only been once but I loved it.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?

Right

3. What day on the calendar are you looking forward to?

Nov. 2nd, 2007

1. What are you afraid of?

Nothing really, but I would not want to lose a loved one.

2. What are you wearing?

Cargos, white undershirt and a beige cotton long sleeved shirt.

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

I have always wanted to travel through Europe. (read:nude beaches)

1. Do you believe in ghosts?

No

2. What’s your favorite kind of Halloween candy?
Liquorice

3. What are you going to be for Halloween?
Me

If you could have dinner with a well known person, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
God, just to get the skinny, on life the universe and everything.

2. What’s your favorite time of day?
Just before bed, when I read for about 15 minutes then kiss my wife goodnight.

3. Are you familiar with The Three Stooges and if so, did you like or dislike their antics?
Funny in small doses.

1. Are you an indoor person or an outdoor person?
Both, I enjoy them both. Although I spend more time indoors.

2. What’s your favorite kind of pasta?
Spaghetti

3. How long can you hold your breath?
So far, as long as I`ve needed too.

1. What are you thankful for?
Family

2. Does the country in which you live celebrate some form of a Thanksgiving (a day in which you stop and express your gratitude for what you have)? If so, when and what do you typically do to observe it?

Eat turkey with family.

3. What are your favorite Thanksgiving or holiday foods?
Turkey and pumpkin pie!
1. Who is your current favorite musical artist(s)?

I`m digging the plain white T`s right now.

2. TOPIC: Motorcycles
Which sentance applies to you the best?
e. Never had one, never wanted one.
ckretmsage

Postby mid_nite_poet » 03 Sep 07, 5:38 am

ckretmsage wrote:1. What is your favorite month of the year and why?

Hmmm.. it will all change this year.. it will either be October of November. I kind of hope it will be October, we have Thanksgiving here, plus Halloween, the beautiful tree colours, the wet damp smell of fall and hopefully a new addition to the family . Due date : Nov. 2 2007.

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your child . Please keep us posted :)
mid_nite_poet

Postby cerina » 03 Sep 07, 9:28 am

Another BoF baby. Our family is expanding. :D
cerina

Postby Quercus » 03 Sep 07, 10:34 am

CONGRATULATONS KRETCHMITCH!

Your life is about to change forever. :D

Thanks too for posting....my TFT gets lonely sometimes. :(
Quercus

Postby ckretmsage » 07 Sep 07, 4:31 pm

Thanks guys! :D I certainly will keep everyone posted. I'm am getting very excited, his room is almost ready. I've spent the last week or so, cleaning out the old office, repainting and actually putting up blinds instead of my big chunk of cardboard stuck in the window. :laughing:

And Q, I'm always up for at TFT.
ckretmsage

Postby mid_nite_poet » 27 Sep 07, 4:38 am

Can we have another Three For Thursday...Pretty please :hug:
mid_nite_poet

Postby Sting » 27 Sep 07, 7:33 am

Q has been real busy with Girl Scouts, work and me. :mrgreen: Sorry.
Sting

Postby Quercus » 27 Sep 07, 8:40 pm

Sting's right, but since you asked MNP, how can I resist?

Here's your THREE FOR THURSDAY:

1. If you could have any Bit of Fun forum member over for dinner tomorrow who would you have and why?

2. Have you ever swam in the ocean? Which one(s)?

3. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend on the computer each day?
Quercus

Postby Sting » 27 Sep 07, 9:00 pm

1. If you could have any Bit of Fun forum member over for dinner tomorrow who would you have and why?

I think I would have SPoD. I think he needs a good home cooked meal.

Pacific and Atlantic

3. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend on the computer each day?

More than I should, but less than I want.
Sting

Postby mid_nite_poet » 27 Sep 07, 9:58 pm

....As much as I love everyone on here and consider you all great friends and would love to have you all over for dinner, I would have to say Maxie..She has been my trusted friend, my confidant, my adviser and I still think we were separated at birth :)

....Even though I have lived close to both of The Atlantic & The Pacific Oceans, I have never swam in them. I don't swim, but have dipped my toes in them :(

.... When I was working, maybe 3 or 4 and not that I am not working probably 7 or 8...Too many :roll:
mid_nite_poet

Postby breeze » 28 Sep 07, 7:04 am

Well, well, it's so difficult to decide. :scratch: I'd like to invite you all, to have a nice forum meeting :D but something tells me it's impossible. :cry:
In that case, because it's so difficult to decide, I'll invite Fat Bastard and SPoD :D to meet my son. Image
Why? Because I like to know how young people think, what they like, what they hate, etc, because I like to be a "young" mother for my son. :D
I want him to be proud with me, I like to know that I understand my son, but if I want that, I have to know a lot about their generation.
And of course, because I like very much these two young men. :hug: :hug:

Atlantic Ocean few times, Pacific Ocean once, but I didn't realy swam :D I only entered with my feets (Santa Monica) because I didn't have time to stay on the beach :( but being there it was a must to touch the Pacific Ocean. :D

Ha, ha, good question. :D
Early in the morning while drinking my coffee, maybe one hour.
When I arrive home maybe again one hour.
In the evening ....2-3 hours, if I am at home.
Of course there are days when I don't touch the computer (but that means I'm not in town :lmao: ) and there are days when I stay longer. :mrgreen:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby Ice Queen » 03 Oct 07, 5:28 pm

Quercus wrote:

1. I think I would have breeze, cos she's on the same continent as I am! :D We don't live that far away from each other! Image Oh and Dawn! Cos we both like the lilac (or purple) color :D

2. No I haven't swam in an ocean.Only in a sea and lake.

3. I think maximum 5-6 hours
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Quercus » 03 Oct 07, 8:59 pm

I must agree that I wish we could all get to gether for a big BOFF reunion. However, since that would be a cop-out reply, I would have to say someone like FB, or admin, or ET Girl because they are mysterious to me. They let you know a little about themselves, but not too much. It drives me nuts sometimes.

Yes. In the Atlantic and the Pacific. Also, four of the 5 Great Lakes, but I've not swam in any seas.

Lately it hasn't been much, but for an average I'll say 2 or 3 hours.
Quercus

Postby MissJones » 04 Oct 07, 1:58 am

SpoD! Because he's a cheeky little fun guy. :D
(I like those hahaha).
Oh and Lynne, because she's a real sweetie and a fun gal. :thumb:

Baltic Sea (that's where I live), North Sea and Mediterranean Sea. But I didn't swim actually, it was more of a splashing around. I can't swim.

Oh, probably five or six or even more.
MissJones

PreviousNext

Return to Quizzes, Quandaries and Questions