What Are You Listening To?

Songs, diddies, prank calls, .wav and mp3's

Postby chainsawjohn » 21 Mar 06, 9:15 am

No, we will only have those 4 samples there, but I also have another music project with another singer. There are samples there but it's not my band, just me playing all the instruments. Go to http://thecapricorndilemma.ca/samplee.htm to hear the samples. I played all the instruments and produced these for the singer.
chainsawjohn

Postby wewe008 » 22 Mar 06, 7:58 am

That sounds very professional~   :)
wewe008

Postby wewe008 » 22 Mar 06, 8:02 am

That band have different style from Miranda Rocks.
Is it jazz or ??
wewe008

Postby chainsawjohn » 22 Mar 06, 8:06 am

'The Capricorn Dilemma' is more jazz-pop I suppose. It's really just me and the singer though, there is no band, I played all of the instrument tracks, one at a time. We wrote the music. I produced it here at my studio.
chainsawjohn

Postby wewe008 » 22 Mar 06, 8:32 am

You playes all the instruments?!!!
牛逼(In Chinese,that means you have super abilities)
I used to learn guitar,but the cord makes me feel pain~~
So,,,,hehe   :mrgreen:
wewe008

Postby Michelicious » 22 Mar 06, 11:39 am

wewe008 wrote:That sounds very professional~   :)

That would be because he is.  NO, I am not biased.  I know a sweet sound when I hear it, and I hear it in John's band, his other CD with the singer he was mentionning, as well as what he can do in his recording room.  Magic!  Truly a very gifted man, in so many ways... music being one of them.
"Life ith drawing without an erather"
Michelicious

Postby chainsawjohn » 22 Mar 06, 12:24 pm

Thank you so much! :)
chainsawjohn

Postby Michelicious » 24 Mar 06, 3:19 am

:wave:  You are most welcomificated.   :mrgreen:
"Life ith drawing without an erather"
Michelicious

Postby missm3 » 24 Mar 06, 9:35 pm

Xavier Rudd - Solace. Awesome aussie one man band very clever artist check him out on  the web youll be amazed
missm3

Postby Napper » 02 Apr 06, 7:19 pm

Coldplay - Talk.

Call me old fashioned but I've just discovered how good these boys are. The kids are giving me the   :roll: ! Get with it Dad! :mrgreen:
Napper

Postby Michelicious » 02 Apr 06, 11:29 pm

Ditto for Coldplay.  But my mostest favoritest is Marillion.  You Brits are lucky to have them there.  Should I be able to get mah sweet lil' ole tushy there, I am requesting a personal meeting with them!  Actually, they truly are a great artistic band, who have kept their creativity and soul at the expense of having to settle for a very loyal fan base, no commercializm, thus no 'big bucks'.  Quite honourable in itself.   Definitely music (old and new) to sit back to, and dream away, whether you be 16 or 61.
And finally, I must confess to loving opera, chakkra, and Celtic!

Just don't, pah-lee-ze, torture me with country!     Sorree y'all, ho'down folks!
Michelicious

Postby Napper » 03 Apr 06, 9:11 am

Michelicious wrote:And finally, I must confess to loving opera, chakkra, and Celtic!

Could I make a suggestion then, M? Could I get suggestive with you for a minute? :mrgreen:

If you haven't heard it before, try finding Bizet's aria "Au fond du temple saint" from "The Pearl Fishers" sung by Robert Merrill and Jussi Bjorling. Tears to my eyes every time I hear it! :cry:
Napper

Postby Michelicious » 03 Apr 06, 9:48 am

:mrgreen:   Is it just me, or does the word 'suggestive' mean nothing more than offering a suggestion?  HELLO???

Now, all seriousness aside, what you SUGGEST sounds a tad wee familiar.  Problem is, we sometimes have problems being able to have such albums here, unless they are big sellers.  As in Marillion, or Kate Bush singing with the whales for example; we have to custom order it!  However, I will definitely give this a go although I must confess to 'not quite' trusting you... probably end up on a site what has cartoon characters singing! :razz:

BUT, I will most graciously and publicly offer my deepest plees for forgiveness should this music prove to be legit... darn you!
Michelicious

Postby chainsawjohn » 03 Apr 06, 9:55 am

Though I like a FEW of eminem's songs, I can generally say I don't like Rap or Country at all. I would like to do a parody of both, forming a coutry rap group, and calling the new form of music, "CRAP". But then, that's just how my brain works.

(wanders off, singing MC Hammer with a redneck feel, "I reckin ya cain't touch dis!")
chainsawjohn

Postby cerina » 03 Apr 06, 12:50 pm

Michelicious, for once Napper is not kidding. This is a stunning recording of an incredible aria and well worth a listen. You can probably download it for free, but don't tell anyone   :shhh:
cerina

Postby Michelicious » 03 Apr 06, 1:35 pm

I am a person of my word.
TO ALL, I HUMBLY AND MOST SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO HIS NAPSTERNESS FOR DOUBTING HIS GENUINENESS IN RECOMMENDING A MUSICAL PIECE!!!  (although this does not mean that I would ever not doubt you again!)

Seriously, a most buttery and goosebumpy causing aria.  In some ways, it reminds me of another such 'song'...

NOW smarty-pants... Where does the theme song for British Airways come from?  I want title, composer, year, famous aria (which is used for the ad), based on what novel, the two singers involved, and what classification of voice they have!
Michelicious

Postby Michelicious » 03 Apr 06, 1:38 pm

chainsawjohn wrote:Though I like a FEW of eminem's songs, I can generally say I don't like Rap or Country at all. I would like to do a parody of both, forming a coutry rap group, and calling the new form of music, "CRAP". But then, that's just how my brain works.

(wanders off, singing MC Hammer with a redneck feel, "I reckin ya cain't touch dis!")

or... "Yo, yo, ah say yo,
       Your cheatin' heart
       it mayka me
       it mayka me
       Ah say it mayka me
       Weak, ah say weak..."
Michelicious

Postby Dixie » 03 Apr 06, 1:38 pm

Old Old rock and roll  -  Eat a Peach
Dixie

Postby Napper » 03 Apr 06, 6:09 pm

Michelicious wrote:NOW smarty-pants... Where does the theme song for British Airways come from?  I want title, composer, year, famous aria (which is used for the ad), based on what novel, the two singers involved, and what classification of voice they have!

You do realise, you are challenging a lover of classical music here?  OK.

BA ad..
The music is from Delibes' "Lakmé", the Flower Duet or "Sous le dôme épais" to be precise.Sung by Lakmé (Soprano) and Mallika (Mezzo-Soprano)

First performed in Paris in 1883 - from the novel "Rarahu ou Le Mariage de Loti" by Pierre Loti. (Ok - had to get out the theatre program for that bit!)

*cough*

Next! :mrgreen:

ps
Thanks for the back-up Cerina!
Napper

Postby Michelicious » 03 Apr 06, 11:21 pm

MY JAW HAS LITTERALLY DROPPED!  You got it bang on (except Lakmmé being a COLORATURA soprano).  I'm still reeling!  Part of me wants to say that you just quickly looked it up on the web, but a bigger part of me is so excited at having maybe found some other person whom I can talk opera besides my mother and csj.  You see, my mother was an opera singer, on her way to the top, when 'duties' forced her to give up her dream.  So, needless to say, I was brought up on opera and classical music.  However, it was just so totally 'uncool, nerdish and weird' for a teenager back then to even love opera... let alone know what it was besides 'a bunch of screaming folks'!  So, I stopped speaking about it... relishing it all to myself, yet still feeling sad that no one could 'get it'.  It was only years later, as I would be grooming a cat or dog at the vet's that I would put my 'music' on to work to.  Yes, my co-workers did tease me... "Oh, let's listen to anything BUT Mitch's sh*t" lovingly... but as they say... revenge is soooooo sweet...   Now that Life has taken us to our separate ways, we meet four times a year at one other's home... the hostess dictating the mood and theme of the weekend!  And me being lit' ole me, guess what they have to listen to when they come to my place?  Heh heh heh... opera, classical, instrumental, and Arabic!
And you know, I actually do believe they like it although they would never admit to it!
Anyhow, enough of the therapitizing for one day.  Do forgive my sudden 'motor mouth' syndrome!

I'll come back atcha!
Michelicious

Postby Napper » 04 Apr 06, 6:57 am

Michelicious wrote:
I'll come back atcha!

That'll be fun. Bear in mind though, I did say I was a lover of classical music not a definitive authority! :D

I know a bit though and I've also had to endure the sneering and wisecracks from friends and colleagues!
Napper

Postby chainsawjohn » 04 Apr 06, 7:31 am

I'll never forget the day I got lucky with classical information. I was working at a repair shop with a very narrow-minded older gentleman who was heavily into classical music and heavily AGAINST anything resembling rock music. He knew I was a rocker and hated everything I stood for. Suddenly, "Ride of the Valkyres" (please forgive my spelling) by Wagner came on his radio, followed by Greig's "Hall of the Mountain King". He sarcastically asked if I even knew any classical music, and I rhymed off the two aforementioned pieces. He was amazed! The fact was that these were the only two classical cuts I knew the authors and names of and they just happened to be on the radio that morning. He became more open minded though, and I had him listen to Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody', which is every bit rock, yet every bit opera at the same time. He was amazed for the second time and became more open minded about music after that. Poor old Bob has passed away since then, but I bet if he's in heaven, he's enjoying the harps AND the electric guitars! He was such a slow guy, worked in slow motion. We used to say Bob was so slow, that it took him two hours to watch the TV show "sixty minutes".  For what it's worth, I have composed and produced a piano concerto, as well as a classical piece of music which the Conference Board of Canada used two years in an row for their awards ceremonies. I also recycle food garbage in the garden, which means that I am truly a composter!
chainsawjohn

Postby Michelicious » 04 Apr 06, 8:00 am

... and taught at the Royal Conservatory of Music...
Michelicious

Postby chainsawjohn » 04 Apr 06, 8:17 am

close . . . it was only the Ontario Conservatory of Music. Still not too shabby when I think about it, as I have never taken a lesson.
I guess mucis just comes naturally to me. . . um, make that music. OOPS
chainsawjohn

PreviousNext

Return to Audiophiles