My face is alight!

It really bites the big one - vent you'll feel better

My face is alight!

Postby fat_bastard » 28 Apr 07, 7:09 am

I havnt got acne or a serious spot problem, but blackheads and the odd spot can look much worse than if your face looks like the surface of Mars.
Soap and water doesn't seem to unclog my pores, nor steam baths, nor abrasive washes.
So I bought these Clearasil pads that apparently 'clean deep into the pores and get rid of dirt and oils'.
My first complaint is that it's £5.99 for 64 wipes, which I have to use twice a day.
My second one, and really most important one is that the stuff absolutely fucking burns my face of!
I suppose alarm bells should have rung when it said "Keep away from eye and mouth area, fabrics and hair. MAY BLEACH."
Turns out that the active ingredient in there is hydrogen peroxide!
That's the stuff that people use to bleach their hair, hospitals use it as a potent disinfectant, and it releases vapours that catch light when exposed to temperatures over 70*c.
That being due to large amounts of hydrogen and oxygen being released.
I suppose the theory behind it is that is oxidises, and thus lifts dirt and oil from the skin, and the fact that it makes me feel drunk just inhaling the stuff must mean it contains lots of bacteria killing alcohol.

I have no qualms with putting chemical's that have killed people when not properly stored, on my face, but I do mind when it feels like someone has pushed my face in a deep fat fryer.
I nearly keeled over from the fumes when I opened the container, and as soon as it came in contact with my skin it made my eyes water and nearly killed me again with vapours.
I scrubbed it on my face...and it was ok....I smelt like a petrol station but hey...I'm cle-AAAAAAAARGH! FUCKFUCKFUCK!
After about 10 seconds I decided anything for the skin shouldn't burn that much, so I washed the danm stuff off.
An hour later my face was still numb and tight like I'd had a full botox job.
On the other hand my skin was smooth. Probably because I lost 3 layers of skin, but what the hell.

Being the trooper I am, I put some more on my face and it still burned like hell to the point that my eyes were watering, but I didnt wash it off and now the burning has stopped.
Though I skin still feels tight.

Anyway...next on my pain for the sake of vanity list is a back sack and crack wax.   :roll:
fat_bastard

Postby admin » 28 Apr 07, 7:32 am

Want clear skin ?

Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily with 1/4 fresh lime squeezed.

Exercise enough to break a sweat before you shower (flushes pores)

Buy Baby shampoo and use it on your face

Buy a bottle Hydrogen peroxide and get some Aloe gel.  Using a soft washcloth wash lightly with hp, rinse with water and apply a thin coat Aloe gel.   Best if done am and pm but if only once a day do it before you go to bed.

Take current photo so you can compare results (motivation)
admin

Postby fat_bastard » 28 Apr 07, 8:02 am

Aaah! Thanks for the advice! :)
I should definitely drink more water, I'm almost permanently dehydrated.
Baby shampoo? Really?
:eek:
fat_bastard

Postby cerina » 28 Apr 07, 10:47 am

The reason it burned was because you gave yourself a home dermabrasion.   :lol:

Drinking water is the best and cheapest way to good skin as it keeps you hydrated. If you drink coffee you should drink more water as caffeine is a diuretic and dehydrates you more quickly.

The baby shampoo is also good advice, but you can dilute it 50/50 if you prefer, or use baby lotion instead. Not baby oil.

Oil of Olay also do 'daily facial' wash pads which are excellent.

Admin's beauty shop now open for consultations.   :mrgreen:
cerina

Postby messylaura » 28 Apr 07, 12:13 pm

duuude dont listen to them,
put honey on your face and stand at the farm gate and let the cows lick your face clean   :twisted:
Of course i can drop a raw egg onto concrete without breaking it.
messylaura

Postby fat_bastard » 28 Apr 07, 1:05 pm

While I'm at it, I might as well honey myself up completely.
Last edited by mid_nite_poet on 26 Jun 09, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Smiley removed...url no longer working
fat_bastard

Postby cerina » 28 Apr 07, 2:00 pm

[quote="fat_bastard"]While I'm at it, I might as well honey myself up completely.

Good idea ... I'll bring my camera. :mrgreen:
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 30 Apr 07, 2:50 am

Ouch FB!

Drink water and eat fish and nuts because they contain omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the skin.

:hug:
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Flight From Ashiya » 10 May 07, 5:09 pm

Bathe in goats milk & get some naked nymphettes to lick you dry......

:twisted:

.......oh yes & drink water for that problem your topic's about.

:rotflmao:
Please visit my retro-revival website:
http://www.freewebs.com/buyonegetnonefree
-newly updated!
Flight From Ashiya

Postby mr wiseguy » 15 May 07, 9:32 am

wanna borrow some sand paper :run:
http://www.thewelcomeinn.org/
^^^^^wiseguys place^^^^^
mr wiseguy

Postby fat_bastard » 15 May 07, 9:52 am

Thanks a lot Wiseguy. :D

I've been meaning to sand over that wall filler for a while.
How much do I owe you?
fat_bastard

Postby mr wiseguy » 15 May 07, 9:53 am

call it a gift lol :P
http://www.thewelcomeinn.org/
^^^^^wiseguys place^^^^^
mr wiseguy

Postby ChaoticOtter » 16 May 07, 7:51 pm

fat_bastard wrote:
So I bought these Clearasil pads that apparently 'clean deep into the pores and get rid of dirt and oils'.
My first complaint is that it's £5.99 for 64 wipes, which I have to use twice a day.

Welcome to a girls world! :P

fat_bastard wrote:
After about 10 seconds I decided anything for the skin shouldn't burn that much, so I washed the danm stuff off.
An hour later my face was still numb and tight like I'd had a full botox job.
On the other hand my skin was smooth. Probably because I lost 3 layers of skin, but what the hell.

Being the trooper I am, I put some more on my face and it still burned like hell to the point that my eyes were watering, but I didnt wash it off and now the burning has stopped.
Though I skin still feels tight.

Generally if it burns like that, your skin is too sensitive to it. I have that problem all the time.

The main reason for the tightness is because the cleanser you have used has totally stripped your skin of it's natural oils, hence most cleansing ranges come with some greasy arsed moisturizer that slicks on and don't absorb.

Being one of those girl creatures, I get really bad skin at least once a month and a lot of things I have found either do what you have said, or make my skin so greasy, I could fry an egg on it.

After much money spent and investigation The only thing I have found works for me is oil of Olay.
I use
[Olay Daily Facials Clarity Daily Scrub and then the Purifying toner] (2nd and 3rd pics on the page)
As a moisturizer I use http://www.olay.com/ca_en/boutique/complete/products/co1000
It absorbs right in

And the best thing?! No burny!
"Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool."
ChaoticOtter

Return to This really Sucks