Trivial Complaints.

It really bites the big one - vent you'll feel better

Re: Trivial Complaints.

Postby Sting » 04 Aug 07, 6:04 pm

You could always turn on some obnoxious music up real loud and point the speakers towards them.
Searching for that sweet little honey pot? Go to http://www.bitoffun.com
Sting

Postby cerina » 04 Aug 07, 7:09 pm

Sting wrote:You could always turn on some obnoxious music up real loud and point the speakers towards them.

:thumb: Thanks, Sting. I'll have it set up by next weekend. :mrgreen:
cerina

Postby Quercus » 04 Aug 07, 9:02 pm

I'm so frustrated because it woun't rain! They keep forcasting rain and I chcek the radar and the rain looks like it's coming right at us, but then as it goes over the widest part of Lake Michigan, the rain dissapates and slides north and/or south of us. This seems to happen over and over again.

We haven't had to mow the lawn in two months, all the unirrigated lawns (like ours) are brown and crisp. Even the established trees and shrubs are beginning to look bad.

I know that some people are dealing with floods and storms and I'm grateful not to have those conditions around here, but drought is not so great either.

There's some rain coming at us on the radar right now......everybody cross your fingers!
Quercus

Postby mid_nite_poet » 04 Aug 07, 9:17 pm

I know how you feel Q..We have had thunderstorm watches here for the last few days.It always manages to go around us and hit other parts of our province causing damage. We got some wind yesterday and then in the evening a little rumble of thunder, plus over night maybe a few drops of rain...Today we had a storm watch... again some rumble and we did have a downpour for about 2 minutes and then it was gone. Didn't amount to anything. Now I check the weather and thay say showers for monday...I won't hold my breath :dontknow:
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby fat_bastard » 05 Aug 07, 9:48 am

Hay fever has hit. Making me feel even hotter than it is outside.
Can't go out and get some sun to my radioactive white face because I start sneezing like a mad man.
Also makes it hard to do my exercises. Dammit!
fat_bastard

Postby cerina » 05 Aug 07, 12:00 pm

fat_bastard wrote:Hay fever has hit. Making me feel even hotter than it is outside.
Can't go out and get some sun to my radioactive white face because I start sneezing like a mad man.
Also makes it hard to do my exercises. Dammit!

Get yourself some Beconase aqueous nasal spray, FuBby. I used it for 2 years over 20 years ago and have never had hayfever since. :D
cerina

Postby fat_bastard » 05 Aug 07, 12:05 pm

I'm a nancy when it comes to nasal sprays, but I'll give it a go if I can find it. :thumb:
Anti-Histamines never seem to do anything. :razz:
fat_bastard

Postby Dirtzinert » 05 Aug 07, 12:25 pm

cerina wrote:I hate my neighbours. :cussing:

They are having a barbeque, the wind is blowing the smoke and smell into my lounge and they haven't invited me. So, I've had to shut the doors to be able to breathe. :banghead:

I love it...this thread is like a feast for a buzzard! What you need to do Cerina, is take a run in your car till you find a piece of "road kill". Bust in on your neighbors having the barbeque, and say "We are supposed to bring our own meat aren't we? Here Franklin, you put this on and I'll just grab that steak to tide me over till mine is done! Oh by the way Frank, it won't need any tenderizer...the steam roller took care of that little chore!"

Cerina wrote:Get yourself some Beconase aqueous nasal spray, FuBby. I used it for 2 years over 20 years ago and have never had hayfever since.

You must swallowed the whole bottle for it to last 20 years! Personally I only use Beconase aqueous for basting Aardvark's noses...must work though cause I've never found one with "hayfever".
'Let's throw caution to the wind and make plans for EVERYTHING!'
Dirtzinert

Postby cerina » 05 Aug 07, 12:27 pm

FB, Next year, start to use it a few weeks before the hayfever season starts and you shouldn't be troubled by it at all. :D
cerina

Postby fat_bastard » 09 Aug 07, 10:20 am

I've just finished painting the window sill with an oil based paint.
That all went well, no flies flew into my brush, I didn't trip and spill the pot down my trousers, and a plane didn't crash into the house. Job done, I thought.

Without thinking I took the brush and rinsed it under the hot tap, at this point I should have thought "Hold on you tosser, it's oil based paint, water wont get that off." But no....noooo!
I had to realise this fact after I'd tried to squeeze the paint out, thus leaving me with a brilliant white hand.
I can't wash the damn stuff off, soap wont work, make-up remover wont work (Not mine! :razz: ), and there's no way in hell I'm putting my fairy soft hands in white spirits.
So now I'm leaving white hand prints on everything I touch. (Yes, everything. :assbeat: )
I'm such an ass. :banghead:

Any advice? Taunts? I told you so's?
fat_bastard

Postby breeze » 09 Aug 07, 10:57 am

Turpentine, acetone (the one for the nails, is not so toxic)
First dry your hands with tissues, take all the paint you can.
Than you can try with turpentine or acetone.
After that use a lot of soap and put some hand cream to protect your skin after using turpentine or acetone.
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby runtherisc » 09 Aug 07, 1:01 pm

I hate paypal

First, what has happened to two of my friends

my first freind sold something on ebay, he saw the money go into his paypal account, so he sent the item. A couple of days later the money came back out of his paypal account giving him a minus balence. Paypal said a stolen credit card had been used and he needed to put the money back into his paypal account (because he had transfered it to his bank account by then) and there was nothing they could do about it

my second friend also sold something on ebay, the money went into the account, he waited three days because of what happened to my first friend, then sent the item. A month later, paypal took the money back out of his paypal account, giving him a minus balence. When he contacted paypal, they said the person he sold the item to, had told them he had never recieved it, so they refunded his money. This was the first my friend had heard of it. Paypal told him to track the item with the parcel service, but as it had been over a month since it was sent, the parcel service no longer has a record of it

now what's happened to me

I got a new credit card because my old one was out of date, but because I hardly ever use the thing, I forgot to activate it. I brought something on ebay, and paid with the credit card through paypal. But paypal could not take the money from the card because it wasn't actived. I actived it, then tryed to clear my balence, but it said my credit card could not be verified. So I tryed my regular cash card, but that could not be verified to. I sent a email to paypal about it and they said it was my banks fault and then put me on a limited account, meaning I have to send a cheque to Ireland to clear the balence. I had outstanding ebay payments to make, so I ending up signing up another paypal account in my wifes name (who banks at the same bank as me and has the same type of cards) and the payment went through with no problem. I use my cash card all the time, with chip and pin, and never have any problems

:banghead:
runtherisc

Postby breeze » 13 Aug 07, 5:22 am

I'm at home today. And near my block there are, I think, around 100 or more people with whistles in front of the ministry of agriculture. They are whistling non stop since early in the morning. :banghead: How much can they do that?
I have only whistles in my had. :banghead:
I remember Napper had the same problem few days ago. :twisted:
They are so many with so many whistles. :screwy:
They say something from time to time but nobody can hear because of the whistles.
It's also a policeman in my intersection and guess what? He has a whistle and every breath he take it's a whistle :lmao: No, no, it's like crazy, I have to go somewhere for a while. :D
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby Napper » 13 Aug 07, 11:02 am

Are they protesting about something Breeze?

Seems these days people with something to complain about have lost the use of their voices to get their message across. It's so much easier to blow a silly whistle, and all that does is make a noise. Where's the message? Where's the constructive argument?

Tarts. :twisted:
Napper

Postby Jack Flash » 13 Aug 07, 1:00 pm

breeze wrote:I'm at home today. And near my block there are, I think, around 100 or more people with whistles in front of the ministry of agriculture. They are whistling non stop since early in the morning. :banghead: How much can they do that?

Stop standing in front of the window in the buff and they will go away
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby breeze » 13 Aug 07, 2:36 pm

Napper wrote:Are they protesting about something Breeze?

I think so. But don't know about what. I couldn't hear because of the whistles.

Now, maybe they protest against my new opaque curtain :lmao:
Jack :razz: :assbeat:
I'm a fan of Bit of Fun.
breeze

Postby Don't Blink » 14 Aug 07, 7:44 pm

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately, all business unfortunately, and I am f_ _ king sick of flying cattle cars. That's my rant and I'm sticking to it.
Don't Blink

Postby Melekkalbi » 25 Aug 07, 7:02 pm

AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! What does a girl have to do to get some sleep around here?!

I was working til 9.30pm yesterday, came home around 11, couldn't sleep until way past 3. Got up at 8 this morning (woke up around 9 :scratch: ) quick shower, quick breakfast, quick run to the store. Left home at 10 to go to Huntenpop festival where I had to go promote Project Aware with some of my collegues. The festivals managers kept sending us from one entrance to the other, so by the time we had our van on the terrain it was 12.30 and we still had to built up our cage (awesome thing that is, looks very real and attracts a lot of people :dance: ) and put up our laptops and everything. It was bloody hot too! (I spend all summer wearing spaghetti tops trying to get an even tan, this one day I'm wearing a short sleeve crew t-shirt, watch and backstage wrist band and I get all burnt unevenly: I look like a flipping Picasso!! :angry: )
We then spent about 6 hours photographing people and talking to drunk/stoned festival visitors, getting them to go to our cage and helping them sign in and every thing, which was pretty fun. Also had to kick some annoying little kids away or they would have torn down the cage and ruined the laptops (they actually unplugged them several times :cussing: ) and there seemed to be no parents around either. What am I, a zookeeper? Can't people watch there kids anymore?
Then had to break everything down again at 8, drag everything off the terrain because we weren't allowed to get the van back on there. Then back to the train station, travel back for an hour and a half, borrow my friend's little sister's bike because I didn't have mine at the train station.

Finally I come home, and guess what!! the neighbours have a party for 30+ people in their tiny garden! :banghead: I ended up trying to sleep on the couch because it's slightly less noisy down here. I just laid there for about 30 minutes and the bloody cat drags in a mouse! A LIVING mouse. She's pretty satisfied with bringing the thing in here a doesn't bother eating it or anything, so now I have a mouse under the couch.... NO WAY I'm going to be sleeping on there. What good is a cat if you still have to put out a mousetrap. And now she's begging for catfood too! Forget it! :razz:

So that's my "bit" of ranting for tonight...... hopefully :blah:

Actually the day wasn't all bad. We got over 350 photo's which should result in I guess 500+ new votes on our counter. I got to see a little bit of the Krezip performence. And I got to work with my very special collegue again :love: , who I don't see enough as it is :( .

If only now I can get some sleep.
http://www.projectaware.com - For a Free Generation
Melekkalbi

Postby cerina » 25 Aug 07, 9:49 pm

I bet it wasn't Amy brought in the mouse. :lmao:

But it sounds as if you had a pretty hectic day, Melek. Hopefully it will have raised the Project Aware profile a bit more. :thumb:
cerina

Postby Ice Queen » 28 Aug 07, 6:34 pm

I hate my computer-it's slower than the slowest thing you could possibly immagine! :mad: It probaby has another virus that my antivirus cant find...duh! :crap:
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Sting » 28 Aug 07, 7:12 pm

Make sure you wash your hands IQ. We wouldn't want you to catch the virus from your computer. :mrgreen:
Sting

Postby Ice Queen » 28 Aug 07, 7:17 pm

:laughingup: I first thought you'd say-make sure you wash your hands after working on that crap! ( :crap: )I hate my crappy computer!
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby Sting » 28 Aug 07, 7:20 pm

Now I wish I had. :lmao:
Sting

Postby admin » 30 Aug 07, 12:43 pm

Ice Queen wrote:I hate my computer-it's slower than the slowest thing you could possibly immagine! :mad: It probaby has another virus that my antivirus cant find...duh! :crap:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
You do not need to conform to this forum - This forum will conform to you.
admin

PreviousNext

Return to This really Sucks