Favourism

It really bites the big one - vent you'll feel better

Favourism

Postby ScornedVixen » 17 Apr 12, 3:40 am

My mother lives up in Newcastle, 300+ miles away from us. We try to visit as much as we can over school holidays, when we do, my older brother will insist his daughter comes to stay, thus taking my children's quality time with their nanna. His daughter lives with her mother. He moved to Wales with us in sept, moved in with his new girlfriend in dec, she has 3 children.

We couldn't come up at half term in Feb as he was going to bring his gf and kids to stay at my mothers, they cancelled at such a shoe notice making it impossible for us to arrange going up, my mothe then told me we couldn't go up in Easter as he was going up, they got back yesterday. He told me today they are returning next half term. Asked my mother about possible visit this Christmas for two days to exchange gifts before we go up to Scotland for Christmas and new year.

She says my brother and his gf and children are saying for Christmas.

He children have grandfathers on maternal and paternal side and my children don't see their paternal grandparents and now I feel as if they are pushing my children away from their nanna. I can't understand why my mOther said 'you have been staying at my house for a long time, it's Paul's turn'. He was forever there for the last 13 years!!!!

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Re: Favourism

Postby cerina » 21 Apr 12, 6:13 pm

I thought he lived there until he moved down to Wales? Maybe you should advertise in the local paper for surrogate grandparents.
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 29 Apr 12, 4:21 pm

He moved to Wales in august/September. Moved in with his girlfriend in December.

He's completely insensitive, takes me for granted, puts obstacles in front of himself after we've made it easy for him. Don't know why he insists on making things difficult for himself!

ScornedVixen

Postby cerina » 30 Apr 12, 6:33 pm

Low self-esteem?
cerina

Postby Brandy » 01 May 12, 12:13 am

I'm sorry :(

Have you ever thought of mentioning this to your mother or brother?
Brandy

Postby ScornedVixen » 01 May 12, 4:16 am

:laughingup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It falls on deaf ears!!

Younger brother text me the other day smarting about her sending one of her children £10 birthday money in a card. It was his son ( my nephew) birthday last week, she sent him nothing. He asked, she said 'I don't trust the thieving postman so never send money in cards'. She must think my older brother wouldn't say anything! She has always favOured older brother over both of us, always will I guess. :cry:

ScornedVixen

Return to This really Sucks