Rant Rant Rant!!!

It really bites the big one - vent you'll feel better

Rant Rant Rant!!!

Postby Jack Flash » 06 Jan 13, 2:25 pm

My project for today was to rewire the lights on a boat trailer.

I ordered a set of trailer connectors from an online store. Today when I got around to installing them I discovered that they had sent me two female connectors. That type of stuff may get the Internet excited, but it's not worth a damn when you're trying to wire a trailer.

So off to Walmart to pick up a male trailer connector. While I was there I saw a package of four band wire for wiring trailer lights and decided to buy it rather than cut the spool of wire that I already had.

When I got home I discovered that the wire advertised as 25 foot in length was actually 22 1/2 feet in length. The wire would have been too short, and would've put an additional splice inside the trailer frame.

Back to Walmart to return the wire. While I was out I decided to stop by Home Depot and pick up some shrinkwrap solder splices. Got home cut the wire and made up the wiring harness.

Got out my heat gun to connect the wires using the splices. Every splice that I tried broke upon shrinking.

Ended up getting out my soldering gun, an old spool of solder, a roll of electricians tape, and make up the wiring harness the old-fashioned way.

All of the stuff that I used with the exception of the male connector I already had on hand, but I thought I could save some time. Now I am trying to decide whether it would be worth the gas to go get my money back for the splices

Is it me, or does it seem like the junk they sell in the stores just gets crappier and crappier.
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Re: Rant Rant Rant!!!

Postby mugley » 06 Jan 13, 2:41 pm

its getting crappier and crappier, really pisses me off when a simple, fairly short job winds up taking 4 times as long as it should because of someone else's sorry assed crap

skittish about ordering stuff online after my experience with a radiator , sent me a bad one and my truck was down for a month trying to get it replaced
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby Jack Flash » 06 Jan 13, 3:43 pm

Yep ordering online seems to be getting iffier . Almost have to use sites with reviews ( and I don't mean inhouse reviews ) .

Guess I am surprised. I assumed that as the internet matured, online purchases would become standardized.

Yep I 'assumed' :roll:

Price / Quality did get pretty good about 3 years ago. Seems like it's been getting worse lately
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby Daughtersx2 » 06 May 13, 8:32 pm

mugley wrote:its getting crappier and crappier, really pisses me off when a simple, fairly short job winds up taking 4 times as long as it should because of someone else's sorry assed crap

skittish about ordering stuff online after my experience with a radiator , sent me a bad one and my truck was down for a month trying to get it replaced

You discussing me dear?
If you aren't happy single, you wont be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from men
Daughtersx2

Postby Ice Queen » 24 Jul 13, 2:08 pm

It's not you, Jack. This is happening everywhere. :?
If you think my eyes are beautiful, it's because they're looking at you.
Ice Queen

Postby ScornedVixen » 16 Dec 13, 4:06 pm

Am wary of ordering online, unless it is with a well known store. Mark just recently ordered something, upon being delivered found it was the wrong size. He found out that despite the firm being based in Newcastle, he would have to pay to return the said items to Hong Kong. He rang to complain and had his call referred to Holland. He kicked up a fuss with Trading Standard and got refunded. It seems now they deliberately pass off crap goods and create premium rate call centres based abroad to rake in money at our expense.

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Return to This really Sucks