Empty roads- Unfinished

The pen is mighty

Empty roads- Unfinished

Postby fat_bastard » 13 Feb 07, 10:24 am

I'm half way through writing a new song, havnt done one for a while.
Just started singing it as I waited for the pc to load.
Unfortunately I instantly forgot it as soon as I came to write it down so I had to start from scratch.   :razz:
Tell me what you think so far.

[verse 1]
I wake up in the morning,
Gormless look still on my face,
I still feel so lightheaded,
Like I’m floating out in space.

[verse 2]
The dreams of you still fresh,
Your last words play in my mind,
There no more happy feeling,
And it’s so danm hard to find.

[chorus]
I never guessed that I would feel so lonley,
I never guessed that I would be only,
Half a heart,
Half the man I used to be,
And it’s only empty road now for as far as I can see.



It's not brilliant but it'll do as a base.
Last edited by mid_nite_poet on 01 Jul 09, 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Smiley removed...url no longer working
User avatar
fat_bastard
 
Posts: 7990
Joined: 30 Jul 05, 8:22 am
Location: :noitacoL


Postby Dixie » 13 Feb 07, 2:55 pm

:D   talented you are  - focused you're not


Can I see the other eye now?
All I ask for is a rainy day in Georgia
User avatar
Dixie
 
Posts: 3662
Joined: 07 Sep 04, 5:27 am
Location: Hot Lanta


Re: Empty roads- Unfinished

Postby ET Girl » 13 Feb 07, 11:56 pm

fat_bastard wrote:I'm half way through writing a new song, havnt done one for a while.
Just started singing it as I waited for the pc to load.
Unfortunately I instantly forgot it as soon as I came to write it down so I had to start from scratch.   :razz:
Tell me what you think so far.

[verse 1]
I wake up in the morning,
Gormless look still on my face,
I still feel so lightheaded,
Like I’m floating out in space.

[verse 2]
The dreams of you still fresh,
Your last words play in my mind,
There no more happy feeling,
And it’s so danm hard to find.

[chorus]
I never guessed that I would feel so lonley,
I never guessed that I would be only,
Half a heart,
Half the man I used to be,
And it’s only empty road now for as far as I can see.



It's not brilliant but it'll do as a base.



That's a good start, FB. It has potential, I think. I can't wait to read the rest of it when it's finished. It's very... heartfelt.
:D
User avatar
ET Girl
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: 05 Aug 05, 10:31 pm
Location: The Cosmic BusyBee Palace


Postby fat_bastard » 14 Feb 07, 5:39 am

Dixie wrote: :D   talented you are  - focused you're not


That's because I only have one eye. Which also awnsers your second question. :mrgreen:


Thanks a lot ET Girl. Welcome back by the way.   :D
User avatar
fat_bastard
 
Posts: 7990
Joined: 30 Jul 05, 8:22 am
Location: :noitacoL


Postby ET Girl » 16 Feb 07, 10:47 pm

fat_bastard wrote:
Dixie wrote: :D   talented you are  - focused you're not


That's because I only have one eye. Which also awnsers your second question. :mrgreen:


Thanks a lot ET Girl. Welcome back by the way.   :D


Thank you, FB! It's good to be posting with you. I don't have to return to my home Planet of Mimicka for awhile! :hug:

:D
User avatar
ET Girl
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: 05 Aug 05, 10:31 pm
Location: The Cosmic BusyBee Palace


Postby mid_nite_poet » 17 Feb 07, 3:50 am

That's very good FB..We have such talented members here on BOF...
FB & ET.. just remember us when your rich and famous :mrgreen:
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
User avatar
mid_nite_poet
 
Posts: 52970
Joined: 22 Jul 05, 12:17 pm
Location: Canada


Postby ET Girl » 17 Feb 07, 1:16 pm

mid_nite_poet wrote:That's very good FB..We have such talented members here on BOF...
FB & ET.. just remember us when your rich and famous :mrgreen:


:mrgreen:

Fat Bastard is gifted, that's for sure, MNP. :D
User avatar
ET Girl
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: 05 Aug 05, 10:31 pm
Location: The Cosmic BusyBee Palace


Postby fat_bastard » 17 Feb 07, 1:19 pm

Oh shush you're making me blush.   :lol:
All the writers on here should conspire to make a literary masterpiece.
I think we have one already now I think about it.   :|
User avatar
fat_bastard
 
Posts: 7990
Joined: 30 Jul 05, 8:22 am
Location: :noitacoL


Postby Ice Queen » 17 Feb 07, 6:04 pm

ICY COOL, FB!   :D
User avatar
Ice Queen
 
Posts: 8658
Joined: 26 Aug 06, 9:41 pm
Location: North Pole


Postby ET Girl » 18 Feb 07, 1:04 am

fat_bastard wrote:Oh shush you're making me blush.   :lol:
All the writers on here should conspire to make a literary masterpiece.
I think we have one already now I think about it.   :|





Yes! It's called The Adventures Of Fat Bastard And The Magical Matted Hedgehog!


I can't wait to help write this totally amazing fairy tale! :hug:
User avatar
ET Girl
 
Posts: 2104
Joined: 05 Aug 05, 10:31 pm
Location: The Cosmic BusyBee Palace



Return to Literary Arts



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest