The Tandem Story (All Discussions Here Please)

The pen is mighty

The Tandem Story (All Discussions Here Please)

Postby Khaizerex » 11 Jan 06, 11:03 am

This is the discussion thread for the tandem story. Please feel free to discuss anything you wish about the story.

If you don't like a particular way it's going, remember other than commenting here, you can always go in and change the direction of the story

And if you want to talk to others about the story, please don't do it under the other thread.

Thanks!
I live in your head, I can be found in your dreams. Rest peacefully, I will guard over you.
Khaizerex

Postby Maria » 12 Jan 06, 12:15 am

K, I think it's a great idea. I like where the story is leading. It's great to know that there are such good writers here. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I can't wait to read more of it.
Maria

Postby Quercus » 12 Jan 06, 9:32 am

I can't keep track of where the story is much less where it's going. :dontknow:

And I looked it up in Webster's, but there's no definition for snife......
Quercus

Postby Khaizerex » 12 Jan 06, 10:14 am

I have no idea what a snife is either. Perhaps you meant "knife," Maria? Well, I won't do anything else with it until you clarify.

Though "The phone rings" is confusing me as well.
Khaizerex

Postby Maria » 13 Jan 06, 3:42 am

Sorry, I meant 'knife', heck is a snife?? That's funny. :lol: snife!
Maria

Postby Khaizerex » 13 Jan 06, 1:50 pm

I'm more confused now... I don't know where Mark is... I brought him back into the forest, and then he gets shoved back into the house? Still in the reality of the dream, but I am confused... I guess I can pick it up from where it is exactly and play with it a little bit. Might as well try, right?
I live in your head, I can be found in your dreams. Rest peacefully, I will guard over you.
Khaizerex

Postby Khaizerex » 13 Jan 06, 2:08 pm

Hmm... it appears that I may have gotten a little carried away in my own little story. Please excuse my rather long post that I added to the story. I like the way it's going so far, please keep up the good work people! :) I want to see it develop, and I will help it do just that to the best of my ability, as I'm sure you guys will as well.

Edit:

Also just a note to you guys... I am a big fan of fantasy novels... so if I drift into areas of the fantastic or of magical works, and you guys don't feel comfortable with it, just tell me, I can always switch back to reality/twenty-first century Earth as we know it.
Khaizerex

Postby Dirtzinert » 13 Jan 06, 2:45 pm

Your last post was good, you took the bull byt the horns, and pointed it in a direction that was probably needed...

(And no I'm not attempting to teach this class, just found the thread, and enjoy writing in my own simplistic way...)
'Let's throw caution to the wind and make plans for EVERYTHING!'
Dirtzinert

Postby Khaizerex » 13 Jan 06, 3:00 pm

Thanks. :) And we value your opinions and your words. Please keep it up! :D
Khaizerex

Postby Quercus » 13 Jan 06, 11:37 pm

I'm a big fantasy fan myself, but I realize that we're dealing with Bit of Fun here so I don't mind some occasional glue sniffing.

As long as there is some coherency and it feels as if the current poster bothered to read a few of the previous posts so they know what's going on, I'll be happy to participate.
Quercus

Postby Khaizerex » 14 Jan 06, 8:09 am

Quercus wrote:I'm a big fantasy fan myself, but I realize that we're dealing with Bit of Fun here so I don't mind some occasional glue sniffing.

Haha... that was a little unexpected, but I guess we can merge it into the story. I thought it was a little weird, but it's not exactly a dead end with nowhere to go.

Quercus wrote:As long as there is some coherency and it feels as if the current poster bothered to read a few of the previous posts so they know what's going on, I'll be happy to participate.

It's coming along very nicely. I just drank in the honey you and Sting provided in the last couple of posts. :)

Edit:

I really hope you don't mind, as I just put in another post into the story... and once again, I got a little carried away... :mrgreen: The truth is, I love the story so far, and I would love to see it expand and grow. :)
Khaizerex

Postby Quercus » 14 Jan 06, 12:15 pm

"When my brothers and I all answered to the man at the same time, none of us were too pleased to discover that three-headed idols began appearing all over the place--with one female head between two male heads all merged onto the same body."

She raises an arm and points a finger at Mark, "You humans should at least be a bit more specific as to who you're calling out to, when you yell 'Oh God!' all of the time."

Very cool, Khaiz! But I could use a little clarification on what you mean by the man (previously referred to as the guy).
Quercus

Postby Khaizerex » 14 Jan 06, 6:49 pm

Oh, I left it as an arbitrary guy who started a religion some arbitrary place, and the religion worshipped a three-headed god. I wasn't thinking of any particular place on Earth, nor was I referring to a historical figure as we know it. For all we know, it could be Bob the Builder as the "Christ" of that religion and the place is Lala Land. I didn't want to come up with fictitious names because I'm not very good at naming things. That's why I left them open, so whoever comes up with good names can just insert them into the story wherever they feel comfortable. If you want, I can clarify and add a name and a location, but they'll be all off-the-Earth type names.

So in my last post I wanted to state that Princess Sunniva is one of three supreme beings that look over this world in which Mark lives. When in story mode, I don't fix my mind with anything realistic. I create a little world in my head, and I let that go wherever. :)

And I didn't specify names for the other gods, but they are male, and Sunniva's brothers. As for the purpose of the three gods, well, if someone doesn't specifiy them, I already have plans for them in my head. But I didn't want to take over the story, after all, it's a tandem story, not Khaizerex's fantasy novel. :) So go at them as you will, and if you want me to, I can, of course, work out the details of anything already in my head into words and into the story posts.

Oh by the way, I like to write the narrative in the present tense, I think it's gives the words a bit more power. So I'll do that, if you think otherwise, tell me. I can write in the past tense as well.

Oops... dinner time, well, I'll be back later. :wave:
Khaizerex

Postby Quercus » 15 Jan 06, 3:38 pm

Nice job, Khaiz!

I must say, you have made me realize that I never write in present tense. Always past tense. Should prove interesting trying to keep the 'ed's out of this. :roll:
Quercus

Postby Khaizerex » 15 Jan 06, 3:46 pm

Thank you, thank you. :) I must say that you're moving the story along just as much as I do, and very well too. :D

As for the past tense, most works of fiction are in the past tense, so people tend to go to that when they write. So if you feel uncomfortable in the present, I can switch. And it'd be lovely if you kept it in the present.

Today's my last free day, later I go back to school. Classes begin tomorrow. So I won't be able to write as frequently or as much in the story, and I'll miss it, I'm sure. But keep up the great work. I am totally enjoying it so far. :)

~K
Khaizerex

Postby JuJuBe » 18 Feb 06, 7:59 pm

thank you reviving the legacy... lisa.loves.99   :hug:

This looks like it has soooo much potential, and of course can be picked-up or dropped off, whenever... and with no consequence!   ;)

ps: I think that Napper deserves to be spanked and put in the corner for this one-
Napper wrote:"Jeezus!" he thinks, "That's the last time I sniff glue!!"

nahhh... what am I talking about?   :roll:   he'd probably just: ENJOY IT!!!  :P   (-NAUGHTY Napper!!) :twisted:
JuJuBe

Postby Napper » 18 Feb 06, 8:18 pm

Just tell me which corner.................. :whip:   :mrgreen:

I've done "add-to" stories before and they were done more in a humorous/silly vein, which I thought was the way this one was going to work and that's why I haven't posted further.  The others seem to be enjoying it and that's what counts.
Napper

Postby JuJuBe » 18 Feb 06, 8:29 pm

The corner closest to me, will do...  Image *someone- needs to keep an eye on you*

but you're right about the silly part... I was reading it all serious-like, until YOUR comment- when I started busting-up laughing!!! Image  (It was just so 'taboo-ish' & all- for that topic, & yet: that's what made it twice as funny, I suppose!)

ps: I'm no good at literary arts. myself... (besides- reading them, that is?)  For instance, I seriously *doubt* that 'taboo-ish' is a real word?  :?
JuJuBe

Postby JuJuBe » 18 Feb 06, 9:52 pm

DAMMIT!!  Why can't sub-fun... display a signature??  :x

From the Tandem line (story only) in khaizersex's introductory posting... I love the part that states:

(Rebecca)
FUCK YOU - YOU NEANDERTHAL!

(Gary)
Go drink some tea - whore.

~So enigmatic... one of the most desireable traits that I seek-out in a siggie of mine! ;)
JuJuBe

Postby Khaizerex » 13 Mar 06, 10:05 pm

Now I get a little break, it's time for me to read the story from beginning to end and attach yet another episode to the story. It should be fun to get back to work on this thing with all of my attention now. :)
Khaizerex

Postby Khaizerex » 13 Mar 06, 11:43 pm

Yay! I just posted an hour and a half's worth of work in the story... Now I'm happy. Though I suppose I didn't get too much work done in there... I promise, another addition is to follow soon! :)
Khaizerex

Postby JuJuBe » 14 Mar 06, 1:54 pm

Khaizerex wrote:Yay! I just posted an hour and a half's worth of work in the story... Now I'm happy. Though I suppose I didn't get too much work done in there... I promise, another addition is to follow soon! :)

:o  Whoa dude... yes you DID!!!

You are quite an author!     :mrgreen:
JuJuBe

Postby cerina » 14 Mar 06, 3:20 pm

Well done, Khai. It looks like you've missed this thread as much as it has missed you.   :clap:
cerina

Postby Khaizerex » 14 Mar 06, 7:28 pm

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :) And I definitely missed it too while I was away.

I'll see what I can come up with tonight, perhaps another "event" will move the plot along.  And I'm hoping other people will pick the story back up as well, I loved the ideas that Quercus introduced to the story--I think I like them so much is because there would've been no way I could've come up with stuff like that. After all, it is a tandem story--mean for multiple people to create the whole thing. :)

And to Quercus--Sorry I terminated his job that you attached to him, but I think perhaps it'd be better to end it rather to let it dangle loosely until later--when we'll have to fix up something for it.
Khaizerex

Next

Return to Literary Arts