Garlic

I feel good - just like I knew that I would

Garlic

Postby mid_nite_poet » 30 Jan 08, 3:08 am

Benefits of Garlic

To get the most health benefits out of your fresh garlic, don’t cook it. Studies show that cooking garlic may destroy the anti-carcinogenic compounds found in the cloves. However, let stand freshly minced garlic for about 10 minutes before cooking them. Microwave cooking also helps preserve the cancer fighting agents.

Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet.

One of garlic’s most potent health benefits includes the ability to enhance the body’s immune cell activity.

Garlic is known to stimulate T-lymphocyte and macrophage action, promote interleukin-1 levels, and support natural killer cells. Strong activity of these key cells promotes healthy immune system function, and strengthens the body's defenses.

Garlic promotes the well-being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation.

Garlic is an invaluable medicine for asthma, hoarseness, coughs, difficulty of breathing, and most other disorders of the lungs, being of particular virtue in chronic bronchitis, on account of its powers of promoting expectoration.

Garlic also helps platelet stickiness or aggregation to help reduce blood coagulation, and promote heart health.

The antioxidant properties of garlic help scavenge harmful free radicals, which can damage LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood stream.

Garlic also promotes increased bile production to help reduce levels of fat in the liver. Garlic pills also help ward off coughs and colds

For those who want the health supporting benefits of garlic and allicin, but don’t enjoy the strong odor garlic pills are modified so the potent smell is eliminated from the extract without losing any of the benefit of fresh garlic.
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Re: Garlic

Postby Flight From Ashiya » 01 Feb 08, 12:21 am

Thanks for this information MNP.They call 'Garlic' the medicine food don't they.
I found out the other night that if I eat garlic cheese on muffins before I go to bed-I sleep like a baby!.
The only great drawback with garlic is that it gives you bad breath so I only eat it occasionally & only in a mild form like garlic cheese/garlic bread.
Please visit my retro-revival website:
http://www.freewebs.com/buyonegetnonefree
-newly updated!
Flight From Ashiya

Postby Lynniescot » 01 Feb 08, 1:03 am

I take garlic everyday!!!!!! Odorless...phew.Otherwise. Yeah. WW3 :drunken:
Lynniescot

Location: In the pool, no wait, on my bike...no wait...running! WTF?

Postby Quercus » 01 Feb 08, 9:23 pm

My dad was always feeding garlic to me when I was a kid.

I figure that while Sting is away I'll try to boost my health by eating a lot of it. I definately need a boost....been pretty sickly lately. :cry:
Quercus

Return to To your Health