Bananas

I feel good - just like I knew that I would

Bananas

Postby mid_nite_poet » 30 Jan 08, 3:13 am

Bananas

Eating more bananas will help you get enough vitamin B6 in your diet. Research suggests that vitamin B6 is important for proper neurotransmitter functions. It may also help in preventing mood disorders, such as depression. For an easy vitamin B6 fix, add banana slices to your breakfast cereal. One medium banana contains about a milligram of vitamin B6.

Partly because they aid in the body's retention of calcium, nitrogen, and phosphorus, which all work to build sound and regenerated tissues, the medical benefits of bananas are many.

One of the medical benefits of bananas is they can be used to fight against intestinal disorders, including ulcers. Bananas are one of the only fruits that can be safely consumed by ulcer patients. Bananas neutralize the acidity of gastric juices, thus reducing ulcer irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. Not only can bananas relieve painful systems of ulcers, and other intestinal disorders, but they can also promote healing.

Another of the many medical benefits of bananas includes using them as a treatment for burns and wounds. By beating a ripe banana into a pasty substance, and spreading it over a burn or wound, it can give immediate pain relief! The banana paste should be covered by a cloth bandage for best results. Even the leaves of a banana tree can be used as a cool compress for burns or wounds.

Other medical benefits of bananas include aiding in:

* constipation and diarrhea relief
* treatment of arthritis
* treatment of anemia

With so many medical benefits, bananas are quickly becoming the most popular fruit in America. Like no other fruit, bananas contain no fat, sodium, or cholesterol. On top of being a healthy part of any daily diet, there are many medical benefits of bananas.
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Return to To your Health