False nails - to have or not to have?

I feel good - just like I knew that I would

False nails - to have or not to have?

Postby ScornedVixen » 13 May 09, 1:31 pm

My natural nails are weak and soft, prone to flaking, I'm well aware that it's down to the genes as my family all have weak nails. however, it is also worthwhile to point out that my family are not into using rubber gloves while washing up, so that can contribute to weak nails. I've started to wash up using rubber gloves but tend to forget them while I'm cleaning the toilets and bathroom. I have also started a week ago to use nail strengthener which came with high recommendation to help, I think it's still too early to say whether or not it has worked, only one nail flaked today, which probably is a good news as I tend to have all nails flaking.

I've heard that using fake nails that are popular around now would help to strengthen my own nails, however someone said they actually weaken the nails further, makes it thin and it's lumpy after you remove them. I've tried looking through the internet but can't find anything in that respect, whether or not it's true or whatever?

I'm hoping that someone here will have had their nails done, would they be kind enough to tell me what actually goes on, what it actually does to my own nails and would it be of benefit in the long run? I would book a session with a nail bar, but I'm just too meek to stand up and ask them this and that. Also, I'm worried I might go into a 'wrong' one and they are just there to take my money and tell me what I want to hear - positive. I could go to an upmarket type nail salon/bar in Cardiff, plenty of people go there so they should be experienced enough, and honest enough (?) to tell me whether I would benefit or not.

Thanks

Vix

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Re: False nails - to have or not to have?

Postby cerina » 13 May 09, 1:36 pm

False nails will weaken your nails and can cause other problems. The best think you can do is use the nail strengthener regularly and also moisturise your nails every time you get them wet.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090302065723AAd40Sv
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 13 May 09, 2:42 pm

I'm using the Sally Hansen nail strengthener, http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/learn/hint ... ls-faq/#Q3 further look in I think when the current varnish is finished, I'll move on to diamond strength. Thanks for that Cerina, just what I wanted to know, first hand experience from those who have had them done. I can't believe how many women are willing to have those nails done and damage their own at the process.

ScornedVixen

Postby mid_nite_poet » 13 May 09, 5:11 pm

I never use false nails. I know a couple of women who wear fake nail all the time and their own nails are an absolute mess..They have been wearing them for years
I use a nail strengthener and clear nail polish if I use any
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Postby ScornedVixen » 14 May 09, 1:45 am

I don't know how these people are willing to do that to their own nails, I keep mine short, though I have been lucky when they have grew longish, never had the white tip longer than the pink ones :angry: but I'd rather if they were short and strong than long and weak.

Thanks for that, I now know that it's rubbish about false nails making natural nails stronger.

Vix

ScornedVixen

Postby ScornedVixen » 19 May 09, 2:51 pm

I've abandoned the Sally Henson's nail strengthener, as my nails continued to flake, even the varnish itself was peeling off, weirdly at the centre of one nail, there was a massive chip, I've no idea how that came about, but it was obvious it was not working. So I went to Boots and asked them for help, they said the other brand would work better with the kind of nails I have. I was happy to try out another strengthener, but was shocked at the price it came in! I figured I had nothing left to lose, I could buy it, use it as recommended, if it didn't work, send it back to the firm with a reciept wanting my money back.

However, after a few days, my nails have never looked better. It's beautiful, and it looks like I have spent a lot of time at the manicurist, even though I've not set foot in any manicure place at all. Not only my nails look healthier, it also feels stronger, no flakes, no chips, no splits. It's perfect.

I would really recommend to anyone who feels if an item looks over priced it's worth being over looked, to look again. I feel the saying "you get what you pay for" is true here.

Vix

ScornedVixen

Postby mugley » 19 May 09, 3:02 pm

thank you, I'll keep that in mind if I ever have a problem with them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lmao:
rude, crude, and lewd

"I shall stay the way I am because I do not give a damn. "
mugley

Postby cerina » 19 May 09, 3:21 pm

:laughingup: :banghead: :lmao:
cerina

Postby mid_nite_poet » 19 May 09, 4:23 pm

mugley wrote:thank you, I'll keep that in mind if I ever have a problem with them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lmao:

Only you mugley.. Only you :lmao: :lmao:
Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems
mid_nite_poet

Return to To your Health