Help!

It's my Castle. Try to stay out of the dungen.

Help!

Postby ScornedVixen » 10 Sep 08, 3:01 pm

Kids have used a marker pen to write on solid wooden furniture (drawers and cupboard), we have tried to get it off using white spirit, it won't budge, we have tried scrubbing it with methylated spirit, but still won't come off.

Any tips/suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Vix

There's nothing remotely interesting or cool about me.
How cool and interesting was that?!

ScornedVixen

Re: Help!

Postby Jack Flash » 10 Sep 08, 3:05 pm

rubbing alcohol

-though not sure what spirits mean in England though I'm pretty sure ghosts won't be of much value in this situation
Life is just a "Bit of Fun" . . . Google it
Jack Flash

Postby sapphire » 10 Sep 08, 3:08 pm

I don't know if you can get it there, but Mr. Clean Magic Eraser got permanent marker off my solid oak coffee table. had to use lots of furniture polish after, it didn't strip the finish off but it did look different.

Edit: Cerina beat me to it :roll:
sapphire

Postby cerina » 10 Sep 08, 3:10 pm

Great minds share a thought as well as a name. ;)
cerina

Postby ScornedVixen » 10 Sep 08, 3:45 pm

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :wav:

So many tips, there is possibly that I'll get my house back in orderly fashion, if all else fails, to hell with it!

Jack Flash wrote:rubbing alcohol

Tried that :cry: didn't work :cry:

-though not sure what spirits mean in England though I'm pretty sure ghosts won't be of much value in this situation

Hey don't mock it until you've tried it :lmao: :lmao: I was hoping with the spirits help the markings would vanish into thin air! White spirits, otherwise known as Stoddard solvent.

Thanks again, I'm so looking forward to trying what I haven't tried already. I bought one of those magic sponge to remove crayon markings on the wall, it worked with other peoples and came with high recommendations, however, it didn't work with mine, it stripped the wall paint clean off but not crayons :scratch: I'm positive I buy the same crayons as everyone else! :cussing:

Vix

ScornedVixen

Postby sapphire » 10 Sep 08, 4:10 pm

:lmao: Maybe you had different wall paint as everyone else and therefore the magic sponge thing actually caused the crayon to hold on for dear life :scratch: Or your kids press extra hard with the crayons.

Here's just one more tip.......in the future, keep all writing implements, paint, even make-up away from your children :lmao:
sapphire

Postby ScornedVixen » 10 Sep 08, 5:53 pm

:laughingup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: God alone knows how I do try and how the kids defy my attempt every time. Maybe I oughta deck them out in full face make up, dress and high heels, send them off to school for ridcule, maybe that'll do the trick :eek: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Vix

ScornedVixen

Return to Home Sweet Home