While the below text is required by law, an email to bitoffun(at)earthlink.net will get a quick response from one of the editors. We are here to share humor - not here to make people mad.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy
This policy is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. It is the policy of Bit of Fun to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, their agents, and representatives. Users of any part of the Website are required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
Bit of Fun's Designated Agent to receive notification of infringement under the DMCA is:
DMCA / Bit of Fun
c/o Cybersite Services
P O Box 1393
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Or email to :
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, Bit of Fun will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
Complaint Notice Procedures for Copyright Owners
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay of the processing or the DCMA notification.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is expected that all users of any part of this website will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if Bit of Fun receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Bit of Fun will also comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received.
Under appropriate circumstances, Bit of Fun may, in its discretion, terminate authorization of users of its system or network who are repeat infringers.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is Bit of Fun's policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures it determines are reasonably used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works.
Publication of Takedown Notices
We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act. Please note that in addition to being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party partner for publication and annotation.
As such, your letter (with your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects (http://www.chillingeffects.org/) for publication.